What to do with story ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisandra

Experienced
This forum is such a cool idea. It's a good place to get those ideas down in writing.

But, I was wondering. If someone else has posted a really cool/hot idea, how would one go about writing a story about it. It wouldn't be right just to take the idea surely and make it your own?

btw, I'm totally ok with anyone taking my ideas (not likely I know) and using them.:)

The reality is, there's no such thing as an "original" story idea. Did Stephen King invent scary clowns? Did J.K. Rowling invent wizarding schools? Nope. At the end of the day, it's how an idea is presented--the manner in which the story is written--that makes it original. So, IMHO, there's nothing wrong with "stealing" ideas. (And, BTW, the folks posting on this forum are sharing their ideas freely). Stealing characters, or major plot points, or world building? Depending on the circumstances, that's a different matter entirely.

But, most of what's posted on here are things like, "Hey, how about a gentle cuckolding story?" Or, "What if a guy's dick magically grew to 15 inches?" Or, "What happens when my wife catches me crossdressing?" And then we all bounce ideas off of each other and those of us who think we have an original take on the idea might write about it. Honestly, "stealing" from other creators is a big part of the writing process. Most authors are writing stories based on inspiration they got from books, comics, or T.V. I get a lot of my inspiration from folklore. It's more common than not.

But, I was wondering. If someone else has posted a really cool/hot idea, how would one go about writing a story about it. It wouldn't be right just to take the idea surely and make it your own?

That's exactly what this board is for.

Yeah, the only exception might be if someone specifically says "here's an idea I'm already writing and would like some tips or suggestions."

I like the concepts other throw out about a general idea, taking it into unexpected territory, though I think it would be difficult to actually incorporate every idea offered into a single story!

So, kisandra, do you have a story idea?

I do Equinox :)
In this thread I was just asking if their was a general protocol in taking ideas etc.
I was particularly taken with one OP's idea of an Asian teacher becoming infatuated with her (college age, I presume) student.

But since you ask, I'm a bit stuck in where I go with the story below.

ch01/2 out there, and ch.03 pretty obvious, but after that?

My original plan was for a daughter sex slave thing, but not so sure now.

https://www.literotica.com/s/adventures-with-my-daughter-pt-01

Link removed.] Seriously? That w...on with anything literotica sells. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why not? If someone posted an idea here - that's as good a asking you to write it. So just take it and write - no one will blame you.

There is no protocol. If an idea interests you, write your story, post it, and the come back here and post a link so other contributors can see what you did with it. That's it.

Last edited:
Yep, any ideas I post here are "free to a good home." If I want to keep them for myself, I don't post them!

I've posted more than a few ideas and wild-ass gyrations here. I've also written stories based on posts here. I include credit for the originator(s). 'Tis only fair.

I do Equinox :)
In this thread I was just asking if their was a general protocol in taking ideas etc.
I was particularly taken with one OP's idea of an Asian teacher becoming infatuated with her (college age, I presume) student.

But since you ask, I'm a bit stuck in where I go with the story below.

ch01/2 out there, and ch.03 pretty obvious, but after that?

My original plan was for a daughter sex slave thing, but not so sure now.

https://www.literotica.com/s/adventures-with-my-daughter-pt-01
My daughter sex slave themed story, of sorts. Actually, it's daughter-mom, sister-sister.
https://www.literotica.com/s/jessica-takes-control-ch-01

This forum is such a cool idea. It's a good place to get those ideas down in writing.

btw, I'm totally ok with anyone taking my ideas (not likely I know) and using them.:)

Even Shakesspears plays were not originals.

He swiped the best bits of Antony and Cleopatra (notably "The barge she sat in, like a burnished throne/Burned on the water…") direct from Plutarch, and took 4,144 out of 6,033 lines in Parts I, II and III of Henry VI verbatim or in paraphrase from other authors.
http://www.to-be-or-not-to-be.com/william-shakespeare-authorship-4.htm

I've posted several Ideas here I knew I would never write, in case someone had a desire to write them. I have also taken Ideas from here and written them. Like my Agatha Allbutt and the Bimbo Squad series came from this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since this question has been answered, and the thread is not a story idea, it's time to close it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back