Ideas for a non-incest but still very taboo relationship?

Mom’s best friend? Not illegal, no formal prohibitions, but well outside most people’s comfort level.

It is more common in real life than you think.

It has never happened to me, but I grew up in a foster home, and can verify in the real world that aunt's that liked their nephew's happened quite a bit, and female cousins who liked male cousins. I only know of two mother's who liked their sons.

When I was a teacher, females falling in love with male teachers was a concern. It is very frequent because a lot of times girls do not have fathers in their lives and see a male teacher as a fatherly-figure and often mis-associate love, or respect.. with giving that person sex.

I wonder whether the term "like" is being pushed past breaking point here!

Seriously - you mention being fostered - I wonder also whether people who grow up outside the traditional nuclear family may be more prone to incestuous feelings for blood-tie family members as and when they do eventually (or accidentally) meet. You do hear of estranged family members having such feelings when meeting as "strangers", particularly siblings.

Finally and please don't take this the wrong way... you have an awkward "relationship" with apostrophes!

I wonder whether the term "like" is being pushed past breaking point here!

Seriously - you mention being fostered - I wonder also whether people who grow up outside the traditional nuclear family may be more prone to incestuous feelings for blood-tie family members as and when they do eventually (or accidentally) meet. You do hear of estranged family members having such feelings when meeting as "strangers", particularly siblings.

Finally and please don't take this the wrong way... you have an awkward "relationship" with apostrophes!

My latest is about that. A young man meeting the aunt he barely knows.

I think it's two fold. First, she's family though we don't really know each other, so therefore a certain level of automatic familial affection.

But because we don't know each other or have a relationship, I see her as a beautiful woman and not just as Moms sister.

Combining the two?

There is a certain level of self-preservation in that too.

While many of us know we were removed from a home for some very good reasons, a person tries to blot out the bad memories, and often just remembers the good. When you have just been grounded by your foster parents for not getting good grades in school, THAT you remember because it happened last week, and feel an angst regarding it. So, you forget some things your real mom did to you, and remember the missed birthday's with family, trips, and other times when things were good, instead.

Toss in some of those, mix in some misappropriated guilty feelings, and there is almost a need to reconnect. On a deeper, stranger level, a hug is only so meaningful. Physically connecting though?

The thought has been planted...

In my opinion, The big thing that makes it taboo when it comes to relationships is power dynamics.

Like there are taboo relationships that can have both participants be at roughly the same power (for example, two nuns fucking each other is definitely a forbidden relationship but compare that to say a bishop and a nun) but when people think of taboo, especially non incest, it’s that power dynamic.

For example: teacher and student, or coach and athlete: people who can affect a person’s life or have control over that person slipping into a relationship is pretty taboo.

One that I don’t see brought up too much is doctor and patient, which I feel has a lot of potential, especially if they’ve been an ongoing doctor. Like let’s say a gynecologist asked their patient out. They’ve already seen them at their most vulnerable.

or let’s say you find out a friend is dating their primary physician, or worse, the doc who was their primary pediatrician growing up?

Of course, you could always have a relationship where both parties have a position of power over the other:

Nurse and rich older patient.

Nurse starts caring for a millionaire who could have her dismissed and even blacklisted but nurse has control over all of his meds and he’s old enough that if he were to croak it would not be investigated to thoroughly (like an 80 year old man who needed live in care having a heart attack is probably not going to get the most through autopsy)

The classic example of power dynamic or authority exploitation surely has to be teacher/pupil. This has been recognised since time immemorial and if we want to explore it in all its glory we'll be here till Christmas. You usually have, added to the as-a-given difference in experience and authority in the subject being taught, the angle of age difference between the two principals.

Particularly where teacher=m and pupil=f, you have all the scope you need for things like dominance/submission and daddy complexes to kick in, according to how the storyteller chooses to lead things.

Nurse and rich older patient.

Nurse starts caring for a millionaire who could have her dismissed and even blacklisted but nurse has control over all of his meds and he’s old enough that if he were to croak it would not be investigated to thoroughly (like an 80 year old man who needed live in care having a heart attack is probably not going to get the most through autopsy)
Reminds me of an episode of 'In The Heat Of The Night' that turned out to be not quite what it appeared to be.

For example: teacher and student, or coach and athlete: people who can affect a person’s life or have control over that person slipping into a relationship is pretty taboo.
I think this is 80 percent of it, but so too are "stakes" or amount of "skin in the game".

An example of this might be a Judge and a person on trial. As you point out the power dynamic is huge already, but the stakes for a judge having sex with an accused person going on trial in a week; means the consequences are incredible. It would take a lot of attraction for a judge to be willing to take on the potential results for that relationship souring.

But as writers; we can make it even worse. If we make the age difference of the judge being 75 and the woman 25. Not only will the judge be removed from the bench if it is discovered, he will be deemed as a dirty old man as well for having sex with a lady that is old enough to be his granddaughter's age.

But we can make even that worse if we have the lady be a friend of the family. Through creativity this can continue and continue, building interest within the reader...

As a side note, consequences or stakes, is the reason a lot of authors bring up the topic of incest. It might be a deep seated sexual attraction, but for the most part, an incestuous relationship in a story increases the stakes immensely. I am not the censorship police so that is up to the author, but I do applaud the original poster for not taking the quick, easy way out by going in that direction.

An example of this might be a Judge and a person on trial. As you point out the power dynamic is huge already, but the stakes for a judge having sex with an accused person going on trial in a week; means the consequences are incredible. It would take a lot of attraction for a judge to be willing to take on the potential results for that relationship souring.
There was a story like that in Michigan a few years back. She lost her robe as i recall. Her gavel too.

I went to try to find the story, but it seems there have been quite a few naughty judges in Michigan.

There was a story like that in Michigan a few years back. She lost her robe as i recall. Her gavel too.

I went to try to find the story, but it seems there have been quite a few naughty judges in Michigan.
I remember hearing on the news a few years back that a judge was using a Penis Pump to make his crank bigger while a trial was going on.

A MURDER trial!!

The thing is, if any of us proposed this as a story idea, we would all be like, "yeah, right?"

I mean, I understand the need for a bigger penis, but during a murder trial where a man might go to prison forever? Probably not the time making a bigger staff.

The classic example of power dynamic or authority exploitation surely has to be teacher/pupil. This has been recognised since time immemorial and if we want to explore it in all its glory we'll be here till Christmas. You usually have, added to the as-a-given difference in experience and authority in the subject being taught, the angle of age difference between the two principals.

Particularly where teacher=m and pupil=f, you have all the scope you need for things like dominance/submission and daddy complexes to kick in, according to how the storyteller chooses to lead things.

It does combine those two aspects and so is more powerful than most of the other things suggested. Experience preying on naivety, in essence.

I have a vague premise for a story I want to write, but I'm having trouble coming up with one of the central details. The basic idea is this:

A young (18-21), inexperienced, socially awkward guy with no sex life is so desperate for sex that he is tempted into a relationship with a taboo partner. It would be a huge embarrassment if his family or friends found out that he was having sex with this person, so he has to go to lengths to keep it a secret. The whole time he is ashamed of himself and telling himself he should break it off, but is too horny to stop. Then he accidentally gets his secret lover pregnant. After some attempts to keep under wraps who the father is, it eventually comes out and becomes common knowledge, resulting in his complete humiliation. At the end, despite everything, he still can't help going back for more.

The trouble is, outside of incest, I have trouble thinking of an idea for who his partner could be that would be taboo enough for the story to work. I don't want to write the kind of incest story that readers in the incest category probably want (i.e. I'm not writing anything involving brother/sister or parent/child).

Any ideas?

Also, is it even worth me writing this kind of story? I'm not sure if anyone else besides me has this kind of weird kink involving taboo pregnancy combined with humiliation/ruination.
I don’t know if this is taboo enough, but for the character you describe, my first thought is that he falls into a relationship with his former bully.

Imagine a girl his age who made his life and his close friends’ lives miserable all through school, especially middle school, but the animosity remained through high school. His friends still despise her, and speak her name as if she were some dark legend. His family hates her because they sometimes had to meet with teachers and ask that she not be in class with him. She was looked down on by the popular kids because she was big and strong with a mean streak, and took it out on even less popular kids. Now, a couple years after graduation, they’re thrown together by chance in some task they have to work together on (court-ordered community service maybe) and he discovers that when it’s just he and her, she gradually becomes open, and vulnerable, and sweet, and that they’re both alienated, and have more in common than he would have guessed…

I have a vague premise for a story I want to write, but I'm having trouble coming up with one of the central details. The basic idea is this:

A young (18-21), inexperienced, socially awkward guy with no sex life is so desperate for sex that he is tempted into a relationship with a taboo partner. It would be a huge embarrassment if his family or friends found out that he was having sex with this person, so he has to go to lengths to keep it a secret. The whole time he is ashamed of himself and telling himself he should break it off, but is too horny to stop. Then he accidentally gets his secret lover pregnant. After some attempts to keep under wraps who the father is, it eventually comes out and becomes common knowledge, resulting in his complete humiliation. At the end, despite everything, he still can't help going back for more.

The trouble is, outside of incest, I have trouble thinking of an idea for who his partner could be that would be taboo enough for the story to work. I don't want to write the kind of incest story that readers in the incest category probably want (i.e. I'm not writing anything involving brother/sister or parent/child).

Any ideas?

Also, is it even worth me writing this kind of story? I'm not sure if anyone else besides me has this kind of weird kink involving taboo pregnancy combined with humiliation/ruination.
Best friends wife

Back