Incest Challenge

My story idea is eccentric billionaire establishes a contest for the first person to have three children born of incest wins $$$ but everyone that participates wins $.
Small prizes are for birthing baby produced from incest with additional prizes for keeping and raising the child and again if the first or middle name is Incest.
Protagonist family of Mom, Son and two Daughters. Main character and sisters talk about the contest and, while not interested in incest do want the money and decide to go for the smaller prizes anyway. Mom is going to notice two pregnant daughters so they come clean right away and realize that if Mom gets pregnant also then that's three incest babies and they could win the grand prize.
Everyone is reluctant but go for it anyway to get rich quick.

Myself I am not buying into the premise only because it would have to be a lot of money. Raising a child from birth to 18 years old is now over $250,000 and twice that if it is a daughter! I raised six daughters so I am in tune with fiscal costs! :)

That being said, as a farmer I know wayyyyyyyy to much about recessive genes and know this is nothing to mess with. Sure we line-breed all the time with livestock (incest if you have a quality stud animal), but the stakes with humans are a lot higher. If I end up with a recessive gene laden calf, it just gets culled for veal. There is no culling with human babies and is despicable to even consider. Making even a story with so much stakes as a contest is just revolting to my very core.

It is not even incest taken to the edge of morality; this idea is human trafficking with a twist.

Back