I miss...

You confuse the Beatles with Marianne Moore? Luckily for you, you're as funny as you are irritating. Most of the time.
Roll up, roll some of dose mystery toads
Roll up, roll some of dose mystery toads...
The imaginary garden is waiting to take you away,
Waiting to take you away.

Were'd you all go RF? Maria? Tz? dd? 4? and 12?

Several hours before midnight here for mountain time, but I was feeling some non-alcohol induced nostalgia. The "all of a sudden passion suddenly" thread just has that effect. Anyone remember the summer of 2004 and 2005 here in the PF&D? Man. Those were some golden times.

Also, miss you smithpeter, Rybka and now Boo. (if I forgot any poets who have elevated, forgive me, I miss you too.)

I have missed you too Neo. And your sexy avatars and your awesome poetry. I have been working and in between jobs, hubby and I were hit, while doing 65 mph on the interstate by some imbecile on his cell phone. totaled hubbys car and what was left of my back, but this is the third time I have been hit and this time, the bozo had insurance!!!! yay!! PT three times a week for me and and a huge contractor's insurance policy to pay my bills. It still hurts and that sucks, but now you get to see me struggle with the poetry skills I have lost, if there were ever any to begin with.

and I miss Boo too. shit, it makes me so sad. when I finally signed back on here, I had two pm's from her....I fight back tears just thinking of MY loss of her friendship and encouragement, that is the selfishness of mourning a loss like her lovely light. She was and will continue to be an inspiration to me every time I read one of my old poems, or hers or think about my froggies that she loved so much.

anyway, for better or worse, I'm still here and I still love you to death sweet man!!!

:heart:

I have missed you too Neo. And your sexy avatars and your awesome poetry. I have been working and in between jobs, hubby and I were hit, while doing 65 mph on the interstate by some imbecile on his cell phone. totaled hubbys car and what was left of my back, but this is the third time I have been hit and this time, the bozo had insurance!!!! yay!! PT three times a week for me and and a huge contractor's insurance policy to pay my bills. It still hurts and that sucks, but now you get to see me struggle with the poetry skills I have lost, if there were ever any to begin with.

and I miss Boo too. shit, it makes me so sad. when I finally signed back on here, I had two pm's from her....I fight back tears just thinking of MY loss of her friendship and encouragement, that is the selfishness of mourning a loss like her lovely light. She was and will continue to be an inspiration to me every time I read one of my old poems, or hers or think about my froggies that she loved so much.

anyway, for better or worse, I'm still here and I still love you to death sweet man!!!

Aw, sorry for your troubles and your pain. :rose: And you're right, it is really very sad about Boo. I can't imagine logging in after such a long time and finding PM' from her. But at the same time, it is a gift.

Missed you too, so glad you posted here! :heart:

Show me a good erotic poem that doesn't include sexual organ and/or orgasms words (this includes euphemisms).

Tess is right. I had forgotten the line from Moore's "Poetry." Actually I'd prefer Beatles in my garden, but either way--toads or Beatles--I'm confused. Perenially :confused:

My Dear Angeline

You are more than welcome to the hoards of beetles that have decimated all of my tomato plants except the Russian Black Krim. We have had over 10 inches of rain in less than a month and that perpetuates the onslaught of those damned pests.

I am just glad they dont like hot peppers.... :)

be well, Sis

Show me a good erotic poem that doesn't include sexual organ and/or orgasms words (this includes euphemisms).

John Updike

Fellatio - a poem

How beautiful to think
that each of these clean secretaries
at night, to please her lover, takes
a fountain into her mouth
and lets her insides, drenched with seed,
flower into her landscapes:
meadows sprinkled with baby's breath,
hoarse twiggy woods, birds dipping, a multitude
of skies containing clouds, plowed earth stinking
of its upturned humus, and small farms each
with a silver silo.

Might I suggest ... this. Or this. Or maybe even this.

::

John Updike

Fellatio - a poem

How beautiful to think
with a silver silo.

Thanks for the non e-peen poems. Was beginning to wonder with all Face Fuck Book poems on New Poem's page if it were possible.

Ha, darkmaas, that last link is mine!

John Updike

Fellatio - a poem

How beautiful to think
with a silver silo.
Oh, God, now I feel so completely stupid in what I try to do here. And he was mostly a novelist, not a poet.

Luckily, my Mont Blanc is not sharp enough to slit my wrists. :rolleyes:

The Long Tunnel of Wanting You

From How to Save Your Own Life

This is the long tunnel of wanting you.
Its walls are lined with remembered kisses
wet & red as the inside of your mouth,
full & juicy as your probing tongue,
warm as your belly against mine,
deep as your navel leading home,
soft as your sleeping cock beginning to stir,
tight as your legs wrapped around mine,
straight as your toes pointing toward the bed
as you roll over & thrust your hardness
into the long tunnel of my wanting,
seeding it with dreams & unbearable hope,
making memories of the future,
straightening out my crooked past,
teaching me to live in the present present tense
with the past perfect and the uncertain future
suddenly certain for certain
in the long tunnel of my old wanting
which before always had an ending
but now begins & begins again
with you, with you, with you.

by Erica Jong

Well.....one or two sexual organs but tastedully done I think.

Last edited:
John Updike

Fellatio - a poem

How beautiful to think
with a silver silo.

Sexy, sexy man. :D

I miss OT

I miss DeepAsleep

I miss Cordelia

I miss JUDO

I miss Homer Pindar

Last edited:
I miss OT

I miss DeepAsleep

I miss Cordelia

I miss JUDO

I miss Homer Pindar
I was thinking of all of these folks as I perused those first 20 pages of the forum. There are posts from all of these and more. It's a little ghostly back there, though, there are posts from the dearly departed that make me miss them even more. It was fun finding the forgotten jewels from 2002 though and worth the journey, if only just to read Rybka grump about formatting text in the index and on the forum.

I was thinking of all of these folks as I perused those first 20 pages of the forum. There are posts from all of these and more. It's a little ghostly back there, though, there are posts from the dearly departed that make me miss them even more. It was fun finding the forgotten jewels from 2002 though and worth the journey, if only just to read Rybka grump about formatting text in the index and on the forum.

I keep hoping if I say their names--the ones who are still among us--and they lurk...you never know. :)

The thing is....
if I can't spend a considerable amount of time here, I feel overwhelmed. I like to be a part of a thread as it is happening, scrolling through the conversation makes me zone out. I just can't put myself into it like I used to :( and anything less seems, well, hmmm. Maybe I should just write poetry and not worry about keeping up with the boards.

but the boards are so much fun

sometimes I miss myself

Icingsugar and his wife.... I cannot remember her name
and Liar?

Her name was linbo. I liked her and Icing. lin had a knack for illustrated poetry as well.

My eyes are always on you, Neo.....

From you that's compliment and any other person I'd consider that stalking!

The thing is....
if I can't spend a considerable amount of time here, I feel overwhelmed. I like to be a part of a thread as it is happening, scrolling through the conversation makes me zone out. I just can't put myself into it like I used to :( and anything less seems, well, hmmm. Maybe I should just write poetry and not worry about keeping up with the boards.

but the boards are so much fun

sometimes I miss myself

Write the poetry and comment when you feel like it. Doesn't have to be constant. I always admired your Suddenly Passion poems and you did do some fun challenges.

Back