New York roll call

Damn hipsters. ;)

PS: Joe's Pizza on Carmine Street in the West Village is HANDS DOWN the best fucking pizza in NYC.

(Street cred= mom from Bronx, dad from Queens, Brooklyn born, lived in Manhattan, and everyone hates Staten Island.)

As a lifelong NYer I have always gotten a kick out of how EVERYONE in NY thinks their pizza is the best and take it very personally, especially those from Brooklyn. I have tried pizza from all over, and would take my good old Long Island pizza over any of them, but that is just my tastes… BTW can't find any good pizza downtown near work although enjoy adrienne's on occasion.

lived in Manhattan for 15 years. Now a short metro north train ride into city

Upstate here. Sorta central-ish. Some of my stories are set in Upstate NY. Anybody else do that?

As a lifelong NYer I have always gotten a kick out of how EVERYONE in NY thinks their pizza is the best and take it very personally, especially those from Brooklyn. I have tried pizza from all over, and would take my good old Long Island pizza over any of them, but that is just my tastes… BTW can't find any good pizza downtown near work although enjoy adrienne's on occasion.

I think it's the same for bagels and great Italian cookies/pastries. I grew up in Brooklyn and got spoiled. I have had good ones since I moved but nothing like the food in the city. Maybe it is true, it's something in the water.

I've heard that all flavors are based entirely on what you grew up with. That pizza you love most likely was what you ate the most growing up. Therefore, nothing can ever match that flavor again. Same thing with everything else.

Happy Friday NYers.. Hope you all have a great weekend.. start of a 3 day weekend for me, hope it is the same for all of you.

Hmm well it quieted down here quickly.. everyone must be out having a good time? Just back from a hockey game and feel like I walked into the wrong bar. where did everyone go?

Good morning from icy Hudson Valley. Skating in my driveway anyone? I'll make the hot cocoa!

as long as your driveway does not have a big incline to it, I will bring my skates.. Would I still get cocoa if I wore my Islander jersey? Drive safe if you are out and about, I don't mind the snow but icy roads can be a bitch.

I've heard that all flavors are based entirely on what you grew up with. That pizza you love most likely was what you ate the most growing up. Therefore, nothing can ever match that flavor again. Same thing with everything else.

Seems like there is some merit to this theory, but it does not hold true with me. I grew up eating Pizza Hut. Now I won't touch the stuff in favor of other pizza I've had in my travels.

I will say NYC does have great bagels.

as long as your driveway does not have a big incline to it, I will bring my skates.. Would I still get cocoa if I wore my Islander jersey? Drive safe if you are out and about, I don't mind the snow but icy roads can be a bitch.

I'm going nowhere unfortunately. And although my team is and always will be the Devils, my beach is on Long Island so I have a soft spot for them as well. You can wear whatever you want. Ranger fans are a deal breaker, however. :D

I'm going nowhere unfortunately. And although my team is and always will be the Devils, my beach is on Long Island so I have a soft spot for them as well. You can wear whatever you want. Ranger fans are a deal breaker, however. :D

Go islanders

Back