How Do You View Yourself?

On Lit, I view myself as invisible. My real life is extremely stressful so this is a nice escape for me.

i-can-see-you-jojo-siwa.gif

Who in our society is not full of self-doubt or does not question their worth? I don't know if it is possible to not feel less than at a time when we are faced with continually changing definitions of perfection and unobtainable images of success. And who does not feel insecure in some aspect of their lives?

I view myself as a good communicator, an outspoken advocate, a great hostess and cook, the best parent I can be, an intelligent and positive person and someone who builds strong connections and deep friendships. I know that I care deeply for other people. I am also quick to be hurt, needy, insecure in friendships(seemingly more so online), lonely and a wee bit broken. I am thankful that I was not defined by my childhood trauma, that I have broken the cycle of violence and I'm grateful that I have learned skills that usually allow me to manage the PTSD I carry with me. I work every day at growing and changing and gluing myself back together.

Lit gives me a positive way to connect with others, an outlet to promote body positivity, and to show off but it has also highlighted my vulnerabilities and areas of weakness. Often I will hear how much people appreciate and want realness and how much more desirable a genuine person is. While I think for the most part that is true we are still holding each other to ideals that are not realistic or manageable. (I know I have) It is a strange mix of flawed humans trying to balance reality and expectation and it can drastically impact how you see yourself.

I am grateful that I know my value but that does not mean that I am always confident or never experience anxiety and self-doubt. We all focus on our flaws. It is what we are socially programmed to do and so very easy to embrace.

Who in our society is not full of self-doubt or does not question their worth? I don't know if it is possible to not feel less than at a time when we are faced with continually changing definitions of perfection and unobtainable images of success. And who does not feel insecure in some aspect of their lives?

I view myself as a good communicator, an outspoken advocate, a great hostess and cook, the best parent I can be, an intelligent and positive person and someone who builds strong connections and deep friendships. I know that I care deeply for other people. I am also quick to be hurt, needy, insecure in friendships(seemingly more so online), lonely and a wee bit broken. I am thankful that I was not defined by my childhood trauma, that I have broken the cycle of violence and I'm grateful that I have learned skills that usually allow me to manage the PTSD I carry with me. I work every day at growing and changing and gluing myself back together.

Lit gives me a positive way to connect with others, an outlet to promote body positivity, and to show off but it has also highlighted my vulnerabilities and areas of weakness. Often I will hear how much people appreciate and want realness and how much more desirable a genuine person is. While I think for the most part that is true we are still holding each other to ideals that are not realistic or manageable. (I know I have) It is a strange mix of flawed humans trying to balance reality and expectation and it can drastically impact how you see yourself.

I am grateful that I know my value but that does not mean that I am always confident or never experience anxiety and self-doubt. We all focus on our flaws. It is what we are socially programmed to do and so very easy to embrace.
Beautifully spoken. 🌹

Back