At the Edge of Reason (closed for Ravenloft)

Mairu

fox girl
Joined
Dec 31, 2014
Posts
3,772
Sasha was done. She had enough. This was it for her, finally she would be rid of the pain she always felt. Always alone and tired, not making enough at her job where people harassed and bullied her. Sasha was not going to take this anymore she thought to herself, she had enough, her parents dead, no friends and no other relatives she was suffocating already from loneliness. So she would end it, that is what Sasha thought on the roof of her apartment building, with too small apartments as she got ready to fall to her death. She was still a bit scared. Of the pain, already being so unbearable. This would be the end of all pain though. It would be a tiny bit more and then she would be free. So Sasha took a deep breath and went up to the ledge, looking one last time at the city before going to her death.
 
Trent lived on the fifth floor of a new York apartment building, across from a girl named Sasha. She was pretty, but troubled. He didn't really know a lot about her, but he noticed her heading up the stairs, to the roof at ten pm. That was a bit odd... it looked as though she had been crying too. He wondered what was going on, so he followed her up, but at a distance, to see what she was up to. He had a gut feeling she was going to try to jump and his fist thought was what a terrible waste of life that would be.

Hanging back, he watched her for a moment, but as she approached the ledge, he knelt down to take his socks and shoes off, setting them aside, neatly, before he stood back up and strode up beside her to look out over the city as well. He gave her a sideways glance as he turned and scooted his butt up onto the ledge before climbing up to balance on the ledge with one foot, then the other. Then he looked down at her and reached a hand down.
 
Sasha was about to go onto the ledge before she saw some guy sit on the ledge and then do a freaking balance act on it! What the hell was he doing? Ruining her chance at ending her painful existence is what he was doing. Then he reached out a hand. What the hell was going through this guys mind? So Sasha smacked the guy's hand away, looking at him like 'did you seriously just hold out your hand to me?' "What the hell are you doing and who do you think you are?" Sasha then thought for a minute, wait this guy lived across from her... what was his name again? Ughhhh........ oh right it was Trent! "Wait actually you're Trent but what kind of idiot are you to do a balancing act on the ledge of a roof?" Sasha sighed and rubbed her head. "Actually don't answer that I'm tired and it's late so I'm going to bed." Sasha, aggravated at having to live through her torturous life started planning the most painless way to kill herself, that made sure no one would interfere while walking away, forgetting about Trent, absorbed in how to end herself peacefully.
 
"Rude..." Trent said mildly, drawing his slapped hand to his chest with a soft sigh, regarding Sasha with a look of sympathy. "You remember me, that's sweet. It's about as idiotic as a pretty girl trying to off herself, I would think." He replied, ignoring her request that he not. "By all means, go to bed, but I'm coming with you. It's my... civic duty to make sure you don't do anything else stupid tonight." He hopped down from the ledge and began following her back to her room. "Even if I have to sit outside your door the rest of the night." He wore a calm smirk on his lips, like he knew something.
 
Sasha whipped around and glared at the young man, irritated at his smirk. "You are going to leave me alone. I have had enough of a miserable life. It's not your place to interfere now leave me alone." Sasha world back around and went to her room, leaving the door open, since him being outside the door actually seemed creepier. If he was going to be here she might as well keep an eye on him instead of knowing he was outside her door. Ugh why did she have to live this miserable life. It was so dull and boring and she just wanted it to end. Ugh why her. She suddenly looked to the guy after she went into the kitchen, getting a small cup of water. "Why are you here? Seriously normally people would not care if someone almost invisible like me jumped so why are you really here, just let me die, I hate my life." She then walked to her worn out couch and sipped her water. Her apartment one of the bad ones that was never kept, mostly cause she wasn't a very clean person, part of it was her depression sucked all her energy out of her, making a dull life. She took a shower every morning put on her work clothes,went to work and then came home and made supper, about the only meal she had most days unless work ordered her to eat something since sometimes she got too skinny, with some bones showing. She only got groceries once every two weeks and it wasn't much, mostly bags of ramen noodles and every once in awhile a bag of chips. She didn't have much of life, mostly it was just go to work everyday, pay rent and buy groceries. Yeah she was a dull person and she knew it.
 
Trent stared back at her in her fury, but did not seem deterred from following her. "I will not." He insisted, as cool as ever. "And i somehow doubt you don't truly know misery." He said with a mild chuckle, sticking with her right up to hef door way. He could not enter though, not without permission. "On the contrary, it is my place to make sure you don't do anything foolish from now on. I consider it my duty, as I am the reason you didn't jump."

He looked the door frame over as she left it open and went to get a drink of water. "Won't you please invite me in, it's clear that you want my help, else you would have slammed this door in my face..." he fixed his eyes on her at her question and there was a hint of hunger in them. "I am far from normal, you will find. You are not invisible, trust me, I see you, clearly. You don't really want to die, you just want to be seen, heard. I'm here, now, just invite me in... I will keep you company."
 
Sasha narrowed her eyes as this guy talked, not coming in and she was actually tempted to slam the door in his face, annoyed at him. "Well come in, or I might just slam that door in your face. You a vampire or something?" Sasha laughed and shook her head at herself, starting to get hungry, having forgotten to eat supper so she went to her cabinet and took out the little package of ramen noodles and a pot of water and let them cook for now. "Also the only reason I stopped is cause you looked stupid and crazy and I want privacy when I die. Also I do want to die. You know nothing about me, just cause you "saved" me you think you know everything. Ha." Sasha did quotation marks when she said saved, being sarcastic, really annoyed, and a tiny bit interested in this guy. She wouldn't show that she was interested though.
 
Trent let out a sigh and shook his head, chuckling. "Yeah, right. Like vampires are real, or something. No, I was just raised not to intrude into someone's home uninvited is all. Even if they leave the door open." He gave her paltry meal of ramen a critical look. He would have to see about getting this poor girl to eat better. "Really? I was only inviting you up on the ledge to prove a point. That it really wasn't the way you wanted to die. If that was stupid and crazy, than I guess I am guilty of such. Not the most private way to do yourself in anyway." He fixed his brooding eyes on her once more as she declared that she really did want to die. "Really? How badly? I agree, I don't know you, but I would like to, do you think you could put off killing yourself long enough for me to get to know you? I would appreciate that. And if after I have gotten to know you, I promise, I won't stop you, if you still want to die. In fact, if you convince me that you really do want to die, I will offer you my help, if you like. You know, make sure you don't turn yourself into a quadriplegic or render yourself brain dead, or some other fate worse then death. But really, by that point, I do hope that you might change your mind and want to live. It would be such a waste to see you die, you are quite pretty and seem spirited. Maybe if I keep annoying you, then you'll actually have something to live for."
 
Sasha glared at Trent but sighed herself, very exhausted as she put the ramen noodles in a bowl after they cooked. Sometimes she wouldn't even eat all of them but most times she forced herself to at least eat them, since she didn't really eat anything else. She then sat on her couch, tired but ate some of the noodles as she listened to the guy. After he seemed to finish talking though she sighed and put down the now empty bowl. "Whatever, do what you want. My life is too painful. Everyday it's the same things over and over and my work doesn't make things any better. I really just want to die." Sasha actually felt a tear roll down her face before she wiped it away and then stood up. "Fine, I'll go through my torturous, miserable life long enough for you to get to know me. Though there isn't much to know. I'm going to bed." Sasha then turned abruptly, going into her room and changing into her nightgown before getting into bed and falling asleep, a few tears going down her face though.
 
"Wait..." Trent said softly as she stood, taking her hand in his, stalling her before she could go to bed. He looked up at her as he held her hand with both of his. His grasp was strong, yet gentle. He drew her hand up to his lips and gave her a gentle kiss on the back of her hand before releasing her. "Sleep well, Sasha. I will be here when you wake with breakfast."

He lingered for a while as she fell asleep before going for groceries from an all night market. Returning, he quietly stocked her cupboards and fridge with goods. After that, he rested silently upon her couch, in a sort of zen like trance, waiting for her to wake.
 
Sasha was already half asleep as she felt Trent stop her before she went to bed, just mumbling a mhm before going to bed. She then woke up in the morning and got out of bed, getting her normal clothes on, it being a Saturday and she didn't have work. She then went into the living room, seeing Trent and blinked. "You really aren't going to leave are you?" Sasha sighed before sitting on the couch, not bothering to get up, never eating breakfast as she stared into space, her life one of the dullest things ever. Only reason she was skinny is because she hardly ate, her hair was even stringy because of it.
 
The moment he heard Sasha wake and get out of bed Trent went to the kitchen and started a breakfast for her. "Good morning, m'lady. Nope, that wasn't part of the deal. I'm here to get to know you and that includes how you are in the mornings. Get comfy, you're in for a treat. A five star breakfast, a foot massage and an entire day of just vedging out, if you like. Or, we can talk."

He came around the kitchen counter with a plate full of warm and delicious looking food, but only one, just for her. He held it out to her with a pleasant grin. "Please eat." Once his hands were free, he sat at her feet and took her right foot up into his lap, beginning to massage it slowly, firmly.
 
Sasha was only half listening to Trent until she saw a plate and sighed. "I don't eat breakfast and where exactly did you get that stuff? Also I'm not going to eat it so you might as well." Sasha pushed the plate over to him, moaning softly though as he massaged her foot, her eyes closing and she rubbed them, liking it actually for a moment before she tried to tug her foot away. "Okay that is just weird. Please don't touch my feet, it's creepy." Sasha was annoyed, actually liking it and actually took him seriously now, scooting away. "You really do want me to change my mind huh? Well it isn't going to work. No magic could make me want to keep living this life. Nothing ever could." Sasha then got sad eyes, looking away from Trent.
 
"I went out and bought it while you slept. I've already eaten, this is for you, please don't let it go to waste." Trent urged gently, pushing g it back toward her with a soft smile, his hair falling into his eyes as he focused on her foot, keeping a firm hold on it even though she tried to pull away. "Relax, please, I only want to comfort you. Are you always this thorny? You can't tell me that it doesn't feel good... I can tell you liked it. You sighed, I heard you. Let go and just enjoy yourself for once. You are just too tense." He scooted with her, insistant on trying to relax her.

He lifted his stormy blue eyes again with a sly grin on his lips."I really do, yes, and I have my ways, I'm sure I will find some way of convinsing you that life is, indeed, worth living. Now stop squirming and let me rub your feet. I won't take no for an answer."
 
Sasha narrowed her eyes as Trent talked, annoyed that he had bought food for her, ramen noodles were just fine. Ugh, whatever. "You know you are only making my life more miserable right?" Sasha then took the plate and started eating, pouting almost like a child though as she did, still trying to pull her foot away. "Would you please stop? I don't care if you won't take no for an answer, you rubbing my feet is just weird!" Sasha quivered a bit though as he did, eating to keep him from hearing the moans and happy sighs that were threatening to expose themselves as he rubbed. Damn why did it have to feel good even when it was so weird! Sasha finally after not being able to get her foot away even after a bit more tugging decided she would just eat and try to forget that his hands where on her foot.
 
"There you are, finally, an actual emotion. Look at you, all pouty and annoyed. Haha! You know, you're cute when your vexed. I'm going yo have to give you foot massages and breakfast every morning! You just made my day, Sasha! You just made my day. Yeah, you just look soooo miserable right now... how will you ever bear it, being pampered and cared for every day. Oh, woe is you." He felt her try to pull away again and his eyes flashed with warning. "Stop that, now! I'm beginning to get a feel for you and I won't have you ruining it just because you say it's weird. I'm completely comfortable with massaging your feet, so, you need to just get used to it too. You're quivering... you can't tell me you're not enjoying this, I can tell. You're starting to enjoy this. I am quite good at it, am I not? Why, yes, I am..." He looked up, fixing his eyes on hers, something about them demanded that she gaze back. "I could... go a bit... further..." he whispered, his hands moving slowly up her calf, caressing her, holding her firmly. "But something tells me you are not ready for that... still... know that I could... if it would please you..." There was now something about his voice, like his eyes, it commanded her attention.
 
Sasha was actually getting quite aggravated and soon finished the breakfast even as he talked, putting it back on the table and crossing her arms under her breasts, which pushed them up, the damn things. In Sasha's mind they were too big, being 38DD in bra size (though the 40DD's held her up better) and Sasha wanted them to be smaller but wouldn't get a breast reduction. She didn't have the money for one thing and surgery was something that scared her. The pain, which she already had enough of and surgery was dangerous. It could kill people anyway and for something as stupid as getting her breasts smaller, yes even she thought it was dumb to do surgery for it, well to her it wasn't worth it. Sasha though was starting to re-think it though since this guy was intent on her not leaving, insisting. Maybe if she got one it would give some hours away from this guy, but then again, people messing with her breasts wasn't an ideal situation. So Sasha just let him massage her feet, trying to not relax like her body wanted to and even as she held his gaze it bugged her that he was massaging even as her body started to relax, no matter how much she fought it. "Could you please just stop it. I only really just met you and you massaging my feet? It's frankly creepy, maybe when I know you better, if that even happens." Sasha didn't try to pull her foot away, fearing something more might happen, though actually a little part of her actually thought that might be interesting but she pushed that away, trying not to show how much she was actually liking it even though she thought she shouldn't. Damn why did he have to be so attractive and so darn good and stuff like this!
 
The way Sasha pouted was adorably sexy, it made her breasts plump up in a fetching sort of way that didn't go unnoticed by Trent keen, seductive gaze. "You're still fighting it, the urge to relax and just enjoy yourself, you know." Trent pointed out in a soft, husky voice. "No, not until you admit you enjoy the attention. Oh, it will happen, I have my ways, eventually you'll let me make love to you." He had an air of confidence about him as he said that. "And it will be beautiful. Like nothing you've ever imagined, pleasure surging all through your body, tingling out through your fingers and your toes... I'll even set your hair afire with what I will do to you, when the time is right. But not until you want to live again. Not until then. I don't think a simple foot rub is so much to bare, it it? Just show me you enjoy it and I'll have mercy upon you and stop, if that is what you truly desire." Inside, he was thinking how delicious her blood must taste, rich with secret desires. If only he could taste her... but no, he would control himself, not until she asked for his kiss.
 
Sasha was completely astounded by this guy. With what he said...... oh hell why did he have to be so damned attractive! Ugh he was making her want to melt. But she would not give in. She just couldn't. Her pain wasn't the only reason she wanted to die. She felt as if the world would be better off without her. That without her some people would be better off, like this guy. Actually she turned to look at the knife as he finished what he was saying. It was one of the longest processes but maybe if she secretly got a knife tonight while he slept, like he thought she would, maybe then she could end herself. But then again first things first, get out of this! Sasha then flipped herself over and landed with her hands on the floor and able to twist her foot out of his grasp, started scurrying away though it was on hands and knees which wasn't very fast and she didn't want to take the time to stand up as she tried to hurry to her room. Though she did hesitate for a second. He was so attractive, kind and gentle but also firm, also so seductive, it was like he was the perfect man but Sasha couldn't let herself ruin his life so she hurried to get to her room, not letting the tears threatening to spill get out.
 
"Cat got your tongue?" Trent asked with a soft, seductive chuckle as he watched her face with keen eyes. He tracked her eyed down to the knife, narrowing them as he figured out what she must be thinking. "Oh... no you dont..." he chided her, pausing to cover the knife with his hand. An instant later, she flipped and tore her foot free from his grasp. "Seriously?!" He spat, turning back toward her. In a flash, he was on her, grasping her by her hips and pressing her body down against the floor. "Where do you think you're going to go? The bathroom? Where the pills live? Out a window? No! Damn it! If I can't convince you to live, then maybe I aught to just end you myself!" He pressed down upon her, the fullness of his body covering her as his hands wrapped around her. It was an empty threat, fueled by passion.

"Sasha..." Trent panted in her ear as he struggled with her. "I was going wait, take my time in seducing you, showing you the fullness of my love and compassion, but if you persist in fighting me... I will just take you here and now... if you don't care about your own well being and life, than why should i? I could just take you, you know... your choice... do you want a gentle lover, or do you want a beast on your back?" He growled as he pressed against her seductively, firm and hot, his patience worn thin.
 
Sasha was surprised when Trent managed to catch her but sort of had been expecting it, she wasn't really the fastest person but she gasped in surprise,, trying not to think of how his body felt against hers. Even though that was one of the hardest thing she had ever had to do. His words though made her freeze and actually think, a few tears falling, not as at anything he said, but at her own actions and confusion. "I don't know what I want anymore! I just don't know anymore.......... why do you care so much?! Why does my life matter so much?" Sasha was almost sobbing now, almost wanting to turn around and clutch at him but stayed as she was, mostly cause she was stuck but also afraid. "Why are you so insistent on this? How can you change my mind... I'm scared to live or die now! I don't know what to choose!" Sasha then broke down fully, crying until she fell asleep, a pained look on her face even as she slept.
 
Sasha's tears instantly softened Trent grip on her. "Then let me take care of you... I will show you that life is worth living. There is so much you have yet to experience, I can take you away from all of this. I'm lonely too, I know your pain. I... I died... Sasha... I'm not like you... I can't face the light of day, but I can share the night, with you. Chose life, I need you to live, so I can live through you. Listen to me. It will all be okay, I'll take care of you." He confessed his true nature to her as she cried herself to sleep, unsure if she even comprehended what it all meant, but it felt good to expose the truth to someone finally. He just hoped he could trust her, or that she remembered it only as a dream.

He picked her up and carried her to her bed. There, he crag led her head in his lap and let her sleep, caressing her cheek as she did.
 
Sasha heard Trent's words but from far away, like she was in a dream. She felt pain but also a confusing new will to live, even though she still felt miserable. She didn't want to live, but then again she did. She didn't know what to do. Her pain softened though and even though she didn't smile she felt at peace as Trent caressed her cheek and she fell into a deep sleep.

When Sasha woke in the morning she blinked and yawned before remembering what happened and sat straight up, blushing before looking confused. What Trent had said that seemed almost like a dream, was a dream right? Or was it real? Now Sasha was really confused but she finally looked at Trent. "I don't know if I will be very happy, and I still have to go to work which has treated me terribly and it sounds like it's going to end tragically for me and I'm going to be worse off........ but I guess I can give living a second try, but I don't have much hope it's going to work. I have always felt out of place, like I didn't belong but now you have made death scary." Sasha sighed and it was clear she thought of Trent's last words in revealing himself as just a dream, though deep down Sasha was still unsure of it.
 
"Good morning , sleepy head..." Trent whispered as he noticed her breathing change when she awoke. "No, you dont... it's an awful place, you can do better. Fuck them, I've got you covered. Just tell me what you need, I'll take care of everything. Rent? Food? Clothes? Relax, consider it an investment. I'll back you until you find your passion. You just have to find out what it is you want to do." Tent sighed and traced Sasha's lips with his finger tip. "Death is scary, but you're too young to worry about it. Just... search your heart... find out what makes you happy and I'll support you one hundred and ten percent."
 
Sasha blinked and just stared at Trent as he spoke before she put her hands up in an x. "You can't do that, I will not take advantage of you that way. Also you don't have to be with me anymore, I'm not going to try to kill myself again." Subconsciously isn't sure of that but isn't going to today at least. "Also do you have enough money to be able to do that even. You have rent on your own room to pay you know, you shouldn't be willing to pay someone else's as well." Sasha blushed when Trent traced her lips though, turning away and getting out of bed, sighing, fully expecting Trent to leave and she walked out, going to the kitchen and getting some ramen noodles, about the only thing she knew how to cook and started cooking them, trying not to think of Trent who had managed to change her whole life within a day. It was crazy.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top