My Girlfriend is Super. (Pst Interest)

TheRPGuru

Literotica Guru
Joined
Dec 31, 2015
Posts
932
National City, a giant metropolis of hustling and bustling, everything you could expect from a major city. It's funny, I came here thinking that one day I could be someone, become someone important. Instead I'm a IT guy working for a major media network. I mean don't get me wrong it's a good job, hell it is a great job, but it doesn't exactly get me excited about my life. Most of my day is spent fixing some blogger's computer when they open an E-Mail that they shouldn't have, or fixing the server because someone decided that uploading 1,000 cat videos at once was a good idea. Let's be honest for a second here, cat videos are NEVER okay.

My name is Chris Shingle, a twenty-six year old single guy living in a small apartment in the big city. I'd love to say my day to day life in interesting or even mildly amusing, but it isn't. It's mundane and boring and filling with a lot of order-in Chinese food and watching daytime talk shows. God help me.

Then my life changed but not in anyway remarkable or exciting, not at first. It was a normal Monday when I walking into the office on the 15th floor of the Calco Building. There was a notice on my desk, sealed with my name on it. I feared the worse as Calco had a reputation for firing people at a moment's notice with very little reasoning. Naturally when I opened the envelope I feared that I was about to move back in with my parents in Texas.

Instead the letter was a notice of promotion. Apparently the IT guy on the 45th floor, the same for where the head of the company Cat Grant worked had quit. Understandable as the floor had become known among many employees as "The Seventh Ring of Hell" thanks to the infamous reputation for impatience of Cat Grant. The move came with a raise, but also higher risk. It was also not a job I would be given the chance to pass up on.

It was with great nervousness that I took the keycard from the envelope and made my way upstairs. The 45th floor was a posh, modern media room, with lots of open space for the employees to work. If Ms. Grant wasn't such a scary demon, this would be an amazing place to work. I smiled despite myself, I was IT so maybe I wouldn't have to deal with her. I found my desk, tucked away into the farthest corner of the room as if it was trying to be hidden. It came with a window though so that was cool....or would be if I wasn't on the 45th floor and terrified of heights. Just don't look out the window, that's all.

"God I am so late, she is going to rip my head off!" Came a voice. The woman attached to the voice paused in from of my desk carrying coffee and a bag of food, trying to juggle a phone in her hand. He glanced at me and smiled, "Sorry." She said setting her stuff on the desk so she could answer the phone. At the moment I was lost, never before had I seen someone so...stunning. I mean she wasn't a goddess of a woman like you'd see on TV or in a magazine or anything, but something about her was just...amazing. Her long dirty blonde hair made her pale skin look flawless, her glasses added such a soft kindness to her that all added up to make her incredible. I was completely stupified by her.

"Yes Ms. Grant. I'm literally right here, I'm sorry I got held up." She said into her phone snatching up the food and coffee. For a moment she looked at me and mouthed, "Thank you" then darted off. I barely had time to nodded before she was gone. Pretty quick for a small girl.

Anyway my first week went as I expected, this floor acting with a different energy and thankfully people here were more confident with their computer equipment and thus left me with far less to do. I did have a small issue with the phone lines that I had to fix down in the building's basement though, a long trip from this high up. I also almost mastered the hardest level in Mindsweeper so that was an achievement as well.

I was in the middle of a fantastically quick run as it happened when I heard a soft voice from over my monitor. "Excuse me?" I leaned back and looked up in awe, it was her! The girl from that first day, she was there smiling shyly at me. "I think need your help."

I stood up quickly, forgetting about the napkin I had tucked in my shirt from lunch over an hour ago. "Uh yeah sure. What uh....what's the issue?" I asked, glancing down and realizing that the napkin was still hanging from my shirt. Quickly I snatched it up and smiled at her, trying to play it super cool. Probably failing.
 
"Damn it, late again." I muttered wishing the elevator would move a little quicker. Finally it dinged. I glanced at the new guy who was sitting at his desk and fought back a blush as he sort of looked up at me. I gave him a shy smile as I'd done the day before when he so kindly let me put Cat's food on the desk so I could answer Cat's call.

Apparently the last IT guy hadn't worked out. Ms. Grant probably scared him off. She tended to do that.

Rushing into Ms. Grant's office with her morning latte and bagel, I set it on the desk as she hung up on her phone call. "You're late Kara."

Control. keep control. I silently told myself. "I'm sorry Ms. Grant but I'm only a minute late.." I said, meekly. I suppose that was me trying to not get ran over. She stared at me, blankly as she held the cup of coffee up to lips. No expression which was scary as hell.

I may have been super girl and I may have defeated a lot of villains but, nothing compared to the evil that was Cat Grant.

She then laughed. Should I laugh with her? Should I cry? Oh my god, what do I do? Fuck. I started laughing and immediately, she stopped which then caused me to stop. "I'm sorry, I was laughing because I was thinking how funny it would be if you were out on the street with no job. 'Im glad to see we agree."

"Yes maam, no maam,...I ..."

"That IT guy, I need him in here." She said immediately cutting me off with a roll of her eyes. "My computer is on the fritz."

"Yes maam..."

Without another word I rushed out and to his desk, "Um excuse me?"

He looked shocked that I was speaking to him. I gave him a small smile. "I need your help..."

"With what?"

"Well, I don't need your help..." He looked confused, "I mean I do but I'm speaking in stead of my boss, Ms. Grant. Her computer is on the fritz and she told me to come out and get you. I'm Kara by the way." I held out my hand and after our introductions, I led him to Ms. Grant's office.
 
I smiled and came around my desk eagerly to introduce myself to her. "Hi Kara, it's nice to meet you, I'm Chris." I told her as we began to weave our way through the floor, dodging desks and people along the way. As we walked I looked at her, noticing how perfect she looked as we walked. I mean her skin was flawless, as if she had never had a pimple in her life.

I leaned toward her and whispered, "Hey uh, is Ms. Grant as awful as I've heard? I don't wanna jump into the lion's office without know how big she is you know?" I asked, noticing that her perfume also smelt incredible. I was liking her more and more by the minute and I didn't even know her. What the hell was wrong with me.

"You know if you lean closer you can actually stick your nose into her ear." Came Ms. Grant's snide remark.

I jerked away from Kara so fast I stumbled, only adding to my embarassment. "Ms. Grant I..."

"You will stay away from my assistant, I don't need another lawsuit because you can't stop your chronic dry humping." She ordered.

I didn't know I could turn so red. "I..."

"Nevermind that. Kara out." She ordered, "You computer. Now!"

I scrambled forward, too afraid to look back at Kara. So much for her ever talking to me again. I took a seat and turned Ms. Grant's laptop towards me. "So what's going on here?"

"It isn't working." She said as if it should explain everything.

I glanced at her. "Yeah but how..?"

The look on her face was unamused. "I'll figure it out." I stammered and went to work. She had like a million web tabs open, which would explain why the computer was so slow. So I got to work closing them and seeing if they were running anything bad on her computer.

"Well well, another Supergirl rescue." Ms. Grant said, looking up at her wall of TV's.

I glanced up and saw Supergirl saving a school bus filled with kids from tumbling over the edge of a cliff. "Yeah she's amazing."

"She should be. I made her."

I just stared at Ms. Grant. "Oh not literally you idiot. I made her image, I made her the hero she is. Well....as far as the city is concerned. I feel like a proud mom sometimes." She explained. "Is the computer fixed?"

I jerked and shook my head, "Oh sorry, just a second here. And. Done." I said turning it back towards her. "Just let it reboot and it'll be good as new."

Ms. Grant stared at me as I stood. "Well thank you."

"Yeah just, uh...try not to open so many web pages at once." I suggested.

"What do you mean?" She asked indignantly.

"Nothing nevermind, let me know if it breaks again." I said and turned to walk out. As I did I noticed Kara jogging back to her desk as if she shouldn't have ever been away from it.

I paused as I walked by and looked at her, smiling weakly. "So I suppose I'm gonna be too embarassed to ever talk to you again, but I swear I wasn't doing anything...you know." I stammered, blushing. "By any chance, do you have a bag I can put over my head so I'm never seen again?"
 
As I stepped out of Ms. Grants office, my phone had decided to buzz at that moment letting me know that one of the school buses had lost control, the brakes were broken. I glanced around and casually walked out of the office and prayed the elevator had as much speed as Supergirl.

I snickered to myself thinking if that were true I'd never be late. Once I reached the parking structure I quickly changed to my supergirl costume and flew to where the bus was almost over the cliff, jumping in front of it.

I hadn't even noticed that someone was filming with their smart phone. The kids and bus driver cheered and I sent them a quick smile as I levitated off the ground and flew back to work. Running at ultra human speed to the ladies room, I changed back into my clothes and ran back to the office just as Chris walked out. I took a deep breath trying to act natural as he flashed me a smile.

"So I suppose I'm gonna be too embarrassed to talk to you ever again, but I swear I wasn't doing anything...you know." He stammered, blushing. "By any chance, do you have a bag I can put my head in so I'm never seen again?"

I laughed louder than I should have and was subject to stares. I covered my mouth. "Only if I can have one too." I smiled,"I'm the one that has to go back in there. At least you get to escape."

"KARA! Where is that idiot assistant of mine?"

I grinned,"See?" I started backwards walking, "and to answer your question from earlier: her bite is worse than her bark." I winked at him before heading into the office.

Supergirl-Actress-Official-Images.jpg
 
I spun with her as she headed into Ms. Grants office. "But her bark is so loud though." I called after her, then decided to bail off to my desk before I got yelled at again. Once I was safely in front of my computer I thought about Kara. She seemed so cool, and totally got my joke which, I must admit, not many girls found funny. I swear sometimes I thought I would only ever be funny to someone from another planet. Oh, well, I guess that's why I work in IT and not as a stand up comedian.

I should totally ask Kara out though right? I mean she seemed nice, and not at all creeped out by me. Yeah, that made sense, I'll just ask her to grab a drink with me. No harm in that right?

Working up as much confidence as I possibly could, I glanced across the room and looked for Kara. I definitely didn't want to go over there while she was dealing with Ms. Grant. That would be a disaster in which I could never recover. I watched for a moment and grabbed some papers off my desk, then with a deep breath I walked over there.

Kara emerged from Ms. Grants office and ducked around her desk as I approached. I pretended to stare at the papers in my hand, pausing at Kara's desk. "So while I pretend to be looking at something else, I have to ask...Would you maybe want to grab a drink after work together?"

"KARA!" Ms. Grant called.

"Oh shit." I muttered and hurried off before she could answer me, frowning to myself. That went fucked up, oh man that was bad.
 
"But her bark is so loud though."

I snorted as I walked towards Ms. Grants office, trying to contain my laughter. It clearly didn't work when I got the expected glare from her as she waved me into her office, then took a seat at her desk. I closed the office door behind.

"What's so funny, Kara?"

"Nothing, Chris just...." I blanched and then cleared my throat. "Nothing at all."

Ms. Grant just rolled her eyes. The day went by as normal and soon I was walking back to my little cubby, mocking something Ms. Grant had said before I left. I shuffled the papers that were in my hand and dropped them on my desk, jumping at the sound of Chris, for a moment thinking it might be Ms. Grant and that she might have heard me. I gave a silent sigh of relief.

A slow smile crept on my face as he finished his sentence. Was he seriously asking me out on a date? Me, not anyone else? My luck with men had been kind of sub par lately. James had gotten back with Lucy Lane. I had actually thought it be best if I stayed away from any office romance.

"KARA!"

I groaned and gave him an apologetic look. I rushed back into Ms. Grant's office and she gave me a list of gopher duties. She needed lunch, she needed this, she needed that, she needed....

Blah blah blah.

But like the dutiful assistant, I wrote everything down. I hurried out of the office, closing her door behind me.

"I have to go get Ms. Grant some lunch, do you...do you want to come with?" I paused then added, "Because everyone needs to eat right?"
 
I was kicking myself for being so stupid in trying to ask Kara out. I mean she probably already had a boyfriend and she didn't even know me if she wasnt. Hell one of the first three sentences I said to her was to ask her out like a moron. God forbidden I get to know her first or something. Fuck I am stupid.

I took a deep breath and hit refresh on my emails. Maybe if I ignored it, she would forget I had said anything and I could try again later. Damn what was it about her? I've never been a guy that went after a girl like this before. Yet she seemed so special so...unique, that I couldn't help myself.

Then her voice came from the other side of my desk, asking if I wanted to grab lunch with her...for Ms. Grant. I glanced up and smiled, "Uh let me just check this message...err...yep it definitely says go to lunch." I teased and sprang to my feet.

Together we got on the elevator and I glanced at her. "I've never gotten lunch for a demon before, we aren't off to go kidnap children are we? Blood of a virgin?" I asked.

"Sorry I make shitty jokes when I am nervous." I paused and glanced at her. "What do you do when you aren't playing fetch for the bosslady?" I asked as the elevator dinged and we headed off to a place just up the street called Nonan's. I had eaten there a few times. It was okay, but I couldn't figure out why people in the office swore by it.
 
I laughed, "Yes, Chris..." I said sarcastically, "We're off to kidnap little children so that Ms. Grant doesn't kill the whole office. Jeez, how else do you think we stay alive in there."

At his question, I instantly blurted, "Save the world, of course." Shit did I say that out loud? I glance at him and raised my eyebrows, giving him a playful smile. Though that was true, enough people knew about my little secret of being Super Girl. I didn't need another casualty. Plus, I barely knew the guy. What if he was some villain in disguise or something.

Not only that, it would be nice to have some sort of semblence of having a normal relationship or friendship or whatever with someone without them knowing that when Im not around, I'm off stopping school buses from going over a cliff.

"I like to sit and relax watch netflix, eat chinese takeout, read ya know the normal stuff."

That was normal stuff, right?

"What about you? When you aren't being the computer super hero, what do you do for fun?"

That was
 
I smiled as we got to the restaurant, moving in front of Kara to open the door for her. "Oh a girl who loves the Netflix and Chill huh? I knew there was a reason I liked you so quickly." He teased.

Suddenly a loud voice screamed, "Give me the fucking money!"

There in the middle of Nonan's was a guy holding a knife to the cashier as she cried and fumbled with the register. "Hurry up bitch!" The guy roared. Everyone in the place was cowering in fear.

I don't know why I did what I did. I'm normally a big coward, but I put my arm on Kara's shoulder and pressed a finger to my lips. The robber hadn't noticed us and I wanted to keep it that way. Before I became a huge computer nerd I took seventeen years of Judo. My father was ex-Navy and always wanted to make sure I could defend myself if I needed too.

Even still I had never been heroic in my life. Yet that day I wanted to prove to Kara I could be strong. I don't know why. I swiftly and quietly darted behind the robber, tapped him on the shoulder, and as he spun I brought my hands up and inside. I hit him in the wrist hard, there was a loud pop as the wrist holding the knife broke causing the guy to scream and drop the knife.

I struck out with a swift uppercut and clocked the dude in the chin, making him crumple to the floor unconscious. I turned around and gestured to the people, "Everyone alright?" I asked. Turning back to the waitress I said, "Get the police here."

Kara seemed in shock as I stepped back over to her. "Anyway I like to do adult coloring books in my free time." I said with a smile.
 
I rolled my eyes at his cheesy line about Netflix and Chill then added,"as long as there's popcorn, I'm down." I grinned at Chris and then started to say something else before someone screamed, a bystander. God damn it, couldn't I have one NORMAL day?!

I was busy trying to find an exit plan to stop the robbery when Chris put his finger to his lips and basically made a motion for me to stay put. Not likely. What was he doing? I watched in horror as he rushed out there like he was fucking superman. Now I definitely had to go get the only girl who could stop this madness.

Where were the police?

But then, before I ran to change into supergirl, Chris had already knocked the guy out, literally. I couldn't help but be a bit impressed. "Well aren't you a regular superhero." I teased as he came back then laughed as he acted as though nothing happened and brought up his enjoyment of adult coloring books.

We ordered our food and Ms. Grants salad, then I glanced at my watch and my eyes widened,"If we don't get back to the office, we may not have jobs in the morning."
 
I shrugged as we leaned against the counter to wait for our food, the cops had come and gone, taken the guy away and taken statements from people. IT would make us very late to get back to the office. However the Noonan's people refused to let us pay for our food, so that was a plus.

I smiled at Kara, "Well you might not have a job, but I'm such an unnoticeable speck, I could probably take the rest of the day off and nobody would know. Assuming the computers didn't all explode." I shrugged.

Our food came and we made our way back to the office, "You this doesn't count right?" I asked her as we walked, "As me taking you out for drinks?" I glanced her way, "I feel the romantic mood was spoiled by armed robbery you know?" I teased her.
 
I faked a pout at his words,"Are you saying you want me to lose my job because you wanted to play hero for the day?" When he sputtered, I laughed. He was so cute! "Well I hope all the computers do explode, just for that."

When we got back to the office, someone came up to me telling me that Ms. Grant was claiming that I was attempting her murder by starvation. I looked at Chris and rolled my eyes making my way to his office when he asked me about drinks. "Sure." I smiled at him then rushed off to give Ms. Grant her lunch and receiving an earful.
 
As I watched Kara run off to prevent a Ms. Grant explosion, I sat back down at my desk. I was all smiles all of a sudden. Kara seemed so cool and down to Earth. It was so cool to meet a pretty girl who was actually human for a change, and didn't have this over inflated ego simply because she was pretty. Kara was wonderful, I barely knew her and yet I could feel us hitting it off. We were already teasing each other and that had to be a good sign right?

My excitement for the evening with Kara made the rest of my day go slowly. I groaned every time I glanced at the clock and saw that a mere ten minutes or less had passed. Nobody needed anything from me, which was a welcome change to people freaking out because they had an ad pop up on their web browsers. I got the feeling I would only be called on for actual computer emergencies.

"Just call me SuperITman." I muttered to myself, at least I thought I did. I could have sworn I heard Kara chuckle from across the office right as I muttered to myself.

Ten minutes before clocking out time I made my way over to Kara's desk. "Hey," I said, as she jotted agenda notes into her book for tomorrow. "So I know this great little place on the corner of Bradswick and 6th. I figured we could meet up there say...eight?" I suggesting, figuring to give ourselves both enough time to go home, dress and go back out.
 
After delivering Ms. Grant her lunch she had me go on a few other errands before doing some of my own computer work and making phone calls for her. The rest of the day was normal or as normal as can be Super Girl wasn't needed which was sort of an odd thing for me to deal with.

Chris seemed to be fitting in nicely too, making little witty comments about himself as he stared boredly at his computer watching Youtube videos. It of course made me snicker.

When he came up to my desk to confirm what time we were meeting, I nodded my head. "8 o'clock sounds great." I said with a smile. Neither of us had noticed Ms. Grant watching and when it was time to clock out and Chris had already left, she looked at me with a look of disapproval. This wasn't odd, she always looked at me with disapproval before I left because usually I forgot to do something.

"Did I forget something, Ms. Grant?" I asked

"Yeah, you forgot how to play coy with a man. I mean the IT guy hasn't even been here a full 24 hours yet and already you're ready to jump down his pants."

My eyes widened, "Maam it's not like..."

"Right, sure. Have fun on your date tonight Kara and please don't do the walk of shame, tonight. I don't need that kind of negativity in the office tomorrow."

Sighing I walked out of the office and left for my apartment. I quickly got ready and then realized I hadn't even given Chris my address. Fuck. Hopefully he wouldn't think I wasn't interested but just kind of a dumbass on this sort of thing. Around 7:45 I made it to Brunswick and 6th, waiting outside of the bar restaurant place. "Please no one need super girl, tonight. Just a little bit of peace for one night is all I need." I muttered quietly.
 
After work I rushed home as quickly as I could. I couldn't believe I had a real date tonight, like a legit date. Kara seemed like such a cool and unique girl. As I said before, she was extremely pretty yet she didn't let it get to her head and remained down-to-Earth. The fact that she got my sense of humor was a huge plus.

Anyway I rushed through my pre-date things, shower, shave, realize I have nothing cool to wear, settle on something half-way decent. In this case I wore a smooth black button-up shirt and dress slacks, not too dressy but hopefully enough to not look like an IT slob.

I wandered my way to our destination. I realized like an idiot that I never got her phone number. What if she had a sudden cancellation? Maybe her dog got sick or she suddenly came down with a rabid case of the ants? How would I know? It didn't help that I was early to the restaurant and went in to put my name in for two people.

Then I just waited.

Kara must be used to Ms. Grant yelling about being late or something, because not only was she on time...she was early! I grinned and pushed my way out the door to greet her on the street. "Hey Kara, great to see you." I gave her the once over and my word did she look good. Plus she looked like she was in incredible shape, like she could run around the city if she wanted too.

"My god you're gorgeous." I told her. I held the door open for her and gestured her inside, "After you, my dear." I smirked.

We were led to a booth near the back and I waited for her to sit down first. I'm a Gentleman after all.

The hostess took our drink order and wandered off to get the server. I smiled at the beautiful blonde across from me. "So Kara, how's life?" I asked.
 
"Thanks. You clean up pretty nice, as well." I blushed at Chris' words as he led me into the restaurant. Once we got to the table, he waited for me to sit down which was incredibly sweet. I took my seat, smiling at him.

"How's life?" I repeated then looked thoughtful, grinning with the decision of teasing him. "Let's see, work was pretty hectic as always. However, there's this pretty cool new guy at work, good with computers. I think he likes me." I said, smirking at him and then added, "Also, did you know there's this new hero out. SuperITguy, I think he wants to replace SuperGirl. She better watch her back."

I was trying to be funny, but maybe I was trying too hard. I wasn't quite sure and I took a sip of my drink once the waiter came back with them. I'd ordered a cola. "How's life with you Chris?"
 
I laughed, I couldn't help it. "Replace Supergirl? Come on, I mean SuperITguy is pretty awesome, but I don't think he can fly or lift buses." I smirked at her. "Though I did hear a rumor that he makes an awesome three-egg omelet." I held up my hands and shook my head, "I dunno though, that's just here-say."

I liked Kara a lot. I liked how well she played along with things. It was so great to have a girl who pitched in with the jokes instead of just looking at me like I was a freak.

"You know something Kara. I think you are the cool...." I started.

"OH MY GOD!" Came a cry from the bar.

Together we jerked our heads and saw on TV that there was some guy in a big metal suit shooting lightning from his hands at people on the street. It looked to be in downtown. People were screaming and the reporter was frantically trying to get the camera guy to leave the scene.

"Oh Jesus!" I said. "Would you look at tha..." I glanced back and Kara was gone. Simply poof, gone. "Kara?"
 
The moment I saw the tin man on the screen, I gave Chris an apologetic look when his back was turned. The one time, one time I got to be normal with someone who knew NOTHING about my life and of course, fate decides to fuck me over.

With my super quick speed I changed in an alley somewhere, hiding my dress and then flew downtown where the Iron Man wanna be was playing shooter games on the town. Being a super hero wasn't as glamorous as tv made it out to be. It interrupted life, literally. Once I landed downtown I clenched my fists and hit the iron metal man which to any average person would have hurt or broken their hands.
 
Electrode would soon have his revenge. Faithfully he had worked and busted his ass for ElecTech, his work led to the most efficient electric generator the world has ever seen. Yet the moment he finished the project they stole his work and shit canned him. Well they would pay for their crimes against him.

With his Arc-suit he had the power of lightning! 10 million volts of raw power. He was unstopp....

BANG!

Something hit him hard and fast, like a blue streak through the air before something hit him hard enough to send him flying back, his head ringing in the helmet. He groaned as his body finally came to a stop, he shook his head and sat up slowly.

"Supergirl?" He groaned. "Don't you ever take a day off?" He complained, throwing an arm forward and shooting a bolt of lightning at her. "I wont let you stop me from taking my revenge!" He roared.

* * * *

Supergirl showed up and clocked that electric guy a good one. It was exciting and scary to watch all at the same time. I looked around and wondered what happened to Kara. I figured she was just in the bathroom, but the longer she was gone the more I worried that...maybe she wasn't having as much fun with me as she had said...
 
"If it weren't for punks like you I'd probably have my day off." I said angrily.

I began pounding his suit. I really didn't have time for this b.s. I pushed him roughly against a lightpole.

"Like I'm really gonna let you bully a bunch of citizens because you didn't get your way." I rolled my eyes. I was trying to hurry this process up. I really was. I knew Chris was waiting for me, but unfortunately defeating a villain who wanted to terrorize the town didn't take five seconds. This wasn't the typical bank robbery. "Very mature, by the way." I said sarcastically.
 
Electrode grunted with the force of her blows, his suit sparked and became bent and damaged to the point where he couldn't move. When she slammed him into a light pole the circuits on the back broke and the suit lost all its electric power. He moaned and slumped in her grip. "You've ruined it." He wailed, falling limp. The suit couldn't move and he couldn't fight Supergirl. "I'm ruined." He began to cry as he fell limply to the ground.

* * * *

Wow Supergirl beat the shit out of that guy. I wondered if she was upset about something. I sighed and looked around for Kara, still no sign of her. I sat back down at the booth as the waiter came by but I just told him to let me pay for the drinks. I wasn't very hungry anymore. The waiter nodded and seemed to understand what had happened to me. He just shook his head, "I've been there man, soda's on me. Don't worry about it."

I thanked him and walked out of the restaurant, totally bummed. How the fuck was I supposed to deal with seeing Kara again tomorrow at the office? She had blown me off and now I had to look at her all day. God this was gonna suck.

"Psh hey man." A voice said from beside me.

I glanced over to see a guy walking with me step for step. In his hand was a gun pointed at my side. Oh great. Tonight was just getting better and better.

"Follow me here." The man said, forcing me down an alley between the buildings that lined the street.

"Look man, take whatever you want....just be cool alright." I said, keeping myself very still. Judo or not, I couldn't fight a damn gun.
 
"I ruined your plans?" I scoffed and rolled my eyes as the police came rolling up in their cars and arresting the man behind the suit. I shook my head, smiled politely at the police ignoring the news cameras as they tried to interview me, then flying away to the back alley where I'd left my clothes. I grabbed my dress.

I rushed inside spotting Chris who looked to be very disappointed. 'Please please literally give me five seconds to get changed.' I mentally prayed as I zoomed past the waitresses finding amusement in the way they whipped around as if they had seen me but then realizing it must have been their 'imagination' .

I quickly got changed back into my dress and hurried out the restroom.

I was too late. He was gone. I wanted to cry. The waiter who had been serving us looked at me and shook his head. "Did you see where he went?"

He only shrugged. "Listen lady, I can't keep tabs on your boyfriend and the other customers." before walking to serve someone else.

"Thanks for your help, by the way your toilet is flooded. You might want to check that out!"I yelled"Tomorrow is not going to be friendly." I muttered miserably not bothering to leave a tip for the waiter like I had planned to earlier that evening. As I left the restaurant I started walking towards the alley way so that I could fly home. I hadn't bothered bringing my car with me, however a noise from the alley way across from me caught my attention.

I could hear Chris' voice. Well, the least I could do was save his life since I ditched our date, unintentionally of course. Quickly changing behind a garbage can I flew over to him.

"Look man, take whatever you want....just be cool alright."

"Or you know, you could be nice and not take whatever you want. Go home, get some sleep. "

"SHUT THE FUCK UP BITCH!" The man with the gun said, his hand was shaking so that told me he wasn't used to threatening anyone. I floated down to the ground and sighed. "Listen, I haven't had the best of evenings. I just finished fighting a metal man. You don't look like your up to the task so--"

"I'll shoot him." The man said, shaking like he'd seen a ghost. I sighed and quickly grabbed the gun, bending it so that it wouldn't be able to shoot any bullets. Without anything left to do, he ran off letting Chris go.

"You okay?"
 
Honestly the guy looked a little on edge, his gun hand shaking. I thought I was really about to get shot, a perfect end to a perfect evening. Then I heard her voice. "Or you know, you could be nice and not take whatever you want. Go home, get some sleep. "

Both of us looked and there she was....Supergirl! Holy shit, she came to save me! The guy spun towards her in a rage, or maybe it was panic. He called her a bitch and she crushed his gun so she won that fight.

The guy gasped and dropped his useless weapon, then bolted. I let out a huge sigh of relief. My hands felt like lead and I shook my head. "God what a night." I muttered, then put on a smile for Supergirl. It was pretty awesome to be standing before a real-life super hero.

"Hey thanks for the save." I told her. "You uh...fuck me...I uh...thanks Supergirl." I looked at her for the first time up close. She was way hotter in person than on TV. Wow it was really her!

"Listen I saw you fight the wannabe Iron Man knock off, and then you save my ass out of the fire. This might be a crazy fucking long shot from left field but...If you don't have any immediate disasters to advert. I'd like to thank you for the save, like buying you a taco or something?" God I was rebounding fucking hard. Did I just ask Supergirl out?

Fuck it why not? She was a girl right? Probably liked tacos. "There's a food truck a couple blocks away, in front of my building. If you want, you can fly to my padio and I'll meet you there. Nobody has to see you know?" I shrugged.
 
I bit my lip trying not to laugh as he stumbled over his words. He really was cute. It was on the tip of my tongue to give a witty comeback but I held back. The whole mystique about Super Girl was that she...I was not normal. I supposed that was why I took it so hard when I had to rush off to save someone and give up my normal life. "You're welcome?" I ended up saying

I was slightly offended for myself because he hadn't even really text ME to see if I hadn't died. What if I had gotten kidnapped or something? Then again, he would get his date with me which wouldn't be so bad and I'd get to finish my date with him.

"Or we can walk.." I suggested, I was a sucker for the guy. What could I say? "I don't mind walking. Flying gets a bit tiring and it's just a couple of blocks so..." I flashed him a smile.
 
Back
Top