Bandit's Blurt and Vent Thread

We just seem to get over one thing and something else happens :rolleyes:

Sir is sick. He has a cold/flu/chest infection. Again. He had one 5 weeks ago which landed Him in hospital.

He was on the machine when He began to feel ill. Hot, sweaty, sick to the stomach. Coughing turned to dry heaves and He coughed up yellow phlegm - infection alert :( I rang the doctor to see if they did home visits..."oh we do, but only if a patient is unable to come to the surgery." "He's on a dialysis machine, I think that counts." "Oh we only have one doctor on today and we close at 2.30, could he come in Monday?". GREAT! He needs antibiotics FAST. Or He will end up in hospital again. Monday isn't good enough :mad:

So I rang the hospital to see if they had a list of medical centres which would be open after 6pm. They gave me a couple of names - I rang one of them and they said just to walk in, no appointment necessary after 5pm and they were open til 9. BUT when we got there, ther were TWO flights of stairs to go down and the lift was closed (it goes into the shopping centre next door, which was also closed). Sir made it down and back up the stairs - just - and we have antibiotics and an inhaler to help His breathing.

We need to find a new medical centre, but it won't be that one :rolleyes:

*HUGS*

I'm so sorry.

:rose::rose::rose:

Thanks FF :rose:
He is a little better today, the antibiotics must be starting to kick in (1000mg of penicillin twice a day must do something!)

Speedway has been cancelled due to rain, so He will be resting for the 2nd Saturday in a row. I know He hates to miss it, but I would be insisting He stay at home anyway (yes I know not very sub-like :eek: )

:: Adjusts good-vibes transmitter to add Gil's direction ::

:: Thinks, beefs up that particular antenna to add on some good vibes for da Bandit, too - she needs the strength, too. ::

:rose:

:: Adjusts good-vibes transmitter to add Gil's direction ::

:: Thinks, beefs up that particular antenna to add on some good vibes for da Bandit, too - she needs the strength, too. ::

Thank you Sir_W :) All vibes gratefully received! :)

Sir may think I am Wonder Woman, but there are times when I don't feel very much like it.....the responsibility can weigh heavy sometimes. Those are the times when I need a cuddle, and possibly a nap or a gym workout (not necessarily in that order!).

OMG Bandit!

That sucks. Big time

YBlimey, you two are having a bit of a rough time of it recently. Sending all the good vibes I can muster, your way.

Glad the antibiotics are kicking in and I do hope Gil feel better soon :rose:

Sir is improving, but it's slow going...I know it's only been 3 days and He is a lot better than He was on Friday, but I get impatient :) There are 4 more days of antibiotics to go (it is a 7 day course) with a repeat script if needed - I'm going to get it filled anyway so we have some on hand in case this happens again.

He has an appointment next week with the respiratory clinic, I had to postpone the one He had for today because they want to see Him when He is well.

My lady friend is coming for a visit tomorrow afternoon....I'm looking forward to some girly cuddles ;) It's been over a month since I last saw her, she is busy with work these days. She had to get a part time job when their jewellery store took a downturn in business. Her hubby made our wedding rings for us, he's a great guy and doesn't mind that I play with his wife now and again :D :devil:

Sir is improving, but it's slow going...I know it's only been 3 days and He is a lot better than He was on Friday, but I get impatient :) There are 4 more days of antibiotics to go (it is a 7 day course) with a repeat script if needed - I'm going to get it filled anyway so we have some on hand in case this happens again.

He has an appointment next week with the respiratory clinic, I had to postpone the one He had for today because they want to see Him when He is well.

My lady friend is coming for a visit tomorrow afternoon....I'm looking forward to some girly cuddles ;) It's been over a month since I last saw her, she is busy with work these days. She had to get a part time job when their jewellery store took a downturn in business. Her hubby made our wedding rings for us, he's a great guy and doesn't mind that I play with his wife now and again :D :devil:

Lol I find the idea that the clinic want to see him when he is well a bit odd!

Glad he is getting better hon and that you enjoy your afternoon tomorrow....you deserve it!:rose:

Lol I find the idea that the clinic want to see him when he is well a bit odd!

Glad he is getting better hon and that you enjoy your afternoon tomorrow....you deserve it!:rose:

Well they have the records of what His lung function is like when He's sick (from when He was in hospital last time), so they need to also see what it's like when He's well for comparison purposes.

Most of the time His breathing is good. Very good for someone who has smoked for over 40 years. It's just lately He's had these chest infections...when He's cut down on smoking ironically :rolleyes: He had a chest xray last time in hospital and it's pretty good still.

And don't worry I always enjoy my time with W, she's sweet and very loving ;)

Sir must be feeling better He's complaining of a buildup of sperm ;) :D

However I'm reluctant to do anything about it quite yet because of the risk of a coughing fit.....:eek: :eek:

Sir went to the respiratory clinic this morning - the doctor did not seem too worried about Him and so we have another appointment in 4 months for lung function tests, He may need to be permanently on inhalers depending on the result.

Doc also suggested He have the flu vaccine and also one against pneumonia considering He has become prone to chest infections. I'm going to get a flu shot too - I will be no good to Him if I get ill, and the shot is subsidised by Medicare so it's minimal cost to us.

He is making a supreme effort to quit smoking. He's only had 3 cigarettes in the last 2 weeks. We are using the nicotine patches - they help, but it's the psychological rather than the physical addiction that is a huge problem. There are so many triggers for His smoking - driving, the speedway, chatting online or on the phone. He's trying having chewing gum instead (that worked for me when I gave up).

They say giving up smoking is harder than kicking heroin. I'll be sending positive thoughts for you both!

:heart:

Sir must be feeling better He's complaining of a buildup of sperm ;) :D

However I'm reluctant to do anything about it quite yet because of the risk of a coughing fit.....:eek: :eek:

We've managed to fix the sperm buildup (although Sir keeps saying it builds up fast :confused: ;) :D ). No coughing fits! :cattail:

Not wanting to jinx anything but things seem to be behaving themselves again both in the dialysis department and in the chest one too.

We're changing dialysis days this week because there's a meeting of the fire rescue crew Sir is on, this coming Sunday. So instead of doing Mon Wed Fri and having a weekend break, we are doing today (Sunday) Tue, Thu and Sat. The plan is then to do a short (5 hour) dialysis on Monday (He has an appointment with His renal doctor in the afternoon) and then we will be back on schedule.

That is one of the pros of doing dialysis at home, we can rearrange our schedule if we need to. No longer tied to a hospital timetable, He gets longer hours/more dialysis which means a healthier Sir in the long run :)

Not wanting to jinx anything but things seem to be behaving themselves again both in the dialysis department and in the chest one too.

We're changing dialysis days this week because there's a meeting of the fire rescue crew Sir is on, this coming Sunday. So instead of doing Mon Wed Fri and having a weekend break, we are doing today (Sunday) Tue, Thu and Sat. The plan is then to do a short (5 hour) dialysis on Monday (He has an appointment with His renal doctor in the afternoon) and then we will be back on schedule.

That is one of the pros of doing dialysis at home, we can rearrange our schedule if we need to. No longer tied to a hospital timetable, He gets longer hours/more dialysis which means a healthier Sir in the long run :)
Yay! :nana: Glad to hear things are looking up for y'all!

AAAGGGHHH I am so itchy!!! :mad:

Damn mosquitoes at the speedway on Sat night bit me through my socks and my ankles are itching like crazy! I have big red welts....and no antihistamine creams or pills because I usually never suffer allergies.

Lanacane cream works but only for a short time. I guess I will have to go out and visit a chemist.....:rolleyes:

AAAGGGHHH I am so itchy!!! :mad:

Damn mosquitoes at the speedway on Sat night bit me through my socks and my ankles are itching like crazy! I have big red welts....and no antihistamine creams or pills because I usually never suffer allergies.

Lanacane cream works but only for a short time. I guess I will have to go out and visit a chemist.....:rolleyes:

I sooooo sympathize with you. I'm a mosquito magnet. I have to take Benedryl just so I can kinda sleep through the night when I've had a lot of bites. Something bit me earlier. The welt from it is a little bigger than I usually get from a mosquito but I'm not sure what else it could be. It sure itches like a mosquito bite.

Good luck with your bites. :rose:

Bugga I now have a second cold sore after just getting rid of one :mad: I guess some stress is catching up with me plus my period is due next week just when we are going to be busy :rolleyes:

The gym is going to have to wait til Tuesday now, that will be a week without going but we have dialysis plus speedway today/night, a crash crew meeting out west tomorrow and Sir has a doctor's appointment plus dialysis on Monday.

I also have to go visit a lawyer on Tuesday to see about getting a credit card couriered over from NZ - my bank here would not do it because I have to give the bank in NZ a name of someone to sign for it and the mail room has up to 12 staff working there and it would be impossible to give just one name :rolleyes: The NZ bank won't send it to my residence and I don't have a workplace to send it to....god talk about red tape :mad:

I also have to go visit a lawyer on Tuesday to see about getting a credit card couriered over from NZ - my bank here would not do it because I have to give the bank in NZ a name of someone to sign for it and the mail room has up to 12 staff working there and it would be impossible to give just one name :rolleyes: The NZ bank won't send it to my residence and I don't have a workplace to send it to....god talk about red tape :mad:

I am pissed :mad: I cannot get that lawyer or THREE bank branches to accept that damn credit card for me. I rang my NZ bank and was told it shouldn't be a problem. So I went back to the Aussie bank and was still told no go.

Not sure what I will do now - probably let it expire and bring all my money over to Australia (when the exchange rate improves!). I need to keep one account open which my ex is still paying money into, but the rest will probably be of better use over here. I do have a debit card on my Australian bank account so I can still shop online if I need to but it's just such a pain not having the easy acess to the other funds :rolleyes:

I have found banks in Oz are very difficult when it comes to common folk like us having money in one place and being in another. When I first moved over here I asked my bank at home (C'wealth) about the code needed for transferring money....had to go to 4 banks and ask 8 times before I found someone who knew what it was and I was using the correct term for it also. Then I asked if they could not bother sending statements and the usual junk mail anymore as I am online and they refuse to send mail overseas....no, they insist on having an Australian address to send it to...and that means no matter how many times I tell my mother to just put it in the drawer and leave it (or open it and see if it needs to be sent at all), she sends it over then complains about how much it costs, plus phones to make sure I get it!!

I also am not happy with the security of the online banking in Oz as it is very open to abuse if someone hacked or knew a bit about the internet etc....hence there are regular warning to check your account to make sure you are not one of the customers whose account has been tampered with. Our bank here has a great system whereby you need a hand machine to put your card and pincode in, then are given another code each time you do that which has to be typed into the page online before they consider giving you access to the account info...then if you do anything involving paying money or transferring money, you once again have to go through the same process, enter new codes etc., before the money is moved.

Catalina:catroar:

I messaged my NZ bank and was told to ask a friend if they would mind accepting the card for me at their workplace....now that sounds less secure than actually couriering the card to me at home and having me sign for it as I show my photo ID! :eek:

However a lovely girl I know has agreed to accept it for me and her place of work is only a few mins from home so I can go pick it up as soon as she lets me know it has arrived.

On an unrelated note Sir has been searching through AdultMatchmaker again and we are meeting a potential female playmate on Thursday evening for coffee and perhaps dinner. She is also a submissive so if this works out we will hopefully have a third for some fun times :)

I messaged my NZ bank and was told to ask a friend if they would mind accepting the card for me at their workplace....now that sounds less secure than actually couriering the card to me at home and having me sign for it as I show my photo ID! :eek:

However a lovely girl I know has agreed to accept it for me and her place of work is only a few mins from home so I can go pick it up as soon as she lets me know it has arrived.

On an unrelated note Sir has been searching through AdultMatchmaker again and we are meeting a potential female playmate on Thursday evening for coffee and perhaps dinner. She is also a submissive so if this works out we will hopefully have a third for some fun times :)

Yay! Good luck!

Dear Dad,
It's 4 years since you passed away...I miss you every day.
Your little sayings ("Dadisms") have become a part of our every day life, and as Sir says, you are not gone, you are still here, in me.
Love and miss you so much,
Your Chicken xx :heart:

Remember I posted earlier about how we just seem to get over one thing and something else happens? :rolleyes:

Early on Saturday morning Sir was going into the bathroom when He accidentally kicked His second toe on His left foot on the little "step" where the carpet meets the tiled bathroom floor. He's damaged the toenail which has lifted up about halfway or a little bit more, from the back of the nail bed not the front. He's on blood thinners so there was a bit of blood spilt, but I never knew a thing about it until I got up around 4am to check on Him (He was still up, as usual, not sleeping is a regular thing).

So we went to the doctor later that morning, as Sir is diabetic we didn't want to take chances with His toes. Doctor taped it up and left the nail on to protect the nail bed, although it is a foregone conclusion that Sir will end up losing the nail eventually. We got a prescription for antibiotics as a precaution, and this is where the fun really starts :eek:

We got home with the pills and I gave Him one with lunch. Half an hour or less later, He started itching and His right eye got all puffy. Then red bumps started to appear...allergic reaction to the pills I know He's had these ones before :eek: I quickly gave Him an antihistamine and soon after the itching became less and His eye went down a little. It's still puffy and the eyelids stick together if He closes His eye for any length of time.

So now I guess we go back to the doctor (will have to wait til Tuesday as He's dialysing tomorrow) and tell them about this new allergy and get some different antibiotics, hopefully these ones won't react like that! :eek:

Back