Sub-Space...........What exactly is it to you?

As a fellow newbie this has been a fascinating read,I didn't know there was such a wide raging number of views on it, I guess personally I thought it were the ultimate place for a sub to get to,some kind of submissive zenith. This has changed my view on that. It's something I'm meritocratic try once but I'll not be rushing to get there
 
I hope a slight deviation is acceptable here: LallyH's description, Scotsman69's contribution and Gianbattista's comment all reminded of the state I felt I was in when I was left at accident and emergency suffering from mild - moderate concussion after banging my head really hard at work. I've never come across a description of the mental state I was that day in until now, absolutely aware of everything but with no control, like I was a passenger in my own body but not like being drunk or high, different somehow. Looking back I find the state to be slightly scary and would not want to go back there again.
 
I hope a slight deviation is acceptable here: LallyH's description, Scotsman69's contribution and Gianbattista's comment all reminded of the state I felt I was in when I was left at accident and emergency suffering from mild - moderate concussion after banging my head really hard at work. I've never come across a description of the mental state I was that day in until now, absolutely aware of everything but with no control, like I was a passenger in my own body but not like being drunk or high, different somehow. Looking back I find the state to be slightly scary and would not want to go back there again.

I think there are a lot of states that our mind can reach that we don't generally experience on a day to day basis, and some people won't ever experience. I think they're often our bodies attempts at protecting us from further trauma.
 
This is most like my extremely limited experience.

I'd say I was not that aware of what was going on around me, or maybe just didn't give a damn.

I am almost never fully relaxed, not in a way I find negative, its just who I am, I am physically tense and a little mentally/emotionally taught even when I look relaxed. In this situation I felt more relaxed than I ever had....relaxed and devil may care.

Yet for me it was also very different to drinking or any other experience I might have had that might be related ;).

The truth is....at the time I didn't really care to analyse it. I did not orgasm in those few situations and would chose it in preference to orgasm. I do not know if its possible for me to have both. I thought I might come when instead I had this departure.

Your experience is a lot like what I experienced. I also found myself unable to speak easily. I could get one word out, or a short sentence slowly said. My thoughts seemed normal, it's just that my speech couldn't catch up (normally quite chatty). Also, I found myself craving things that I'd have never asked for if I wasn't in that state, and that weren't likely a good idea because they would harm me.

I've done a lot of reading on experiences of subspace, and some people seem to see subspace as that relaxed endorphin rush they get in regular play. To me that's different from the euphoric sort of hypnotic experience Gianbattista described. The endorphin rush is something that I personally get regularly from play. Probably something similar to what you'd get right before you go down a roller coaster. It doesn't affect my functioning, it just relaxes me a lot, and makes painful things less painful or easier to bear. It kind of muddies the conversations about subspace because it can be hard to know what state people are talking about. Then everyone's body responds to these things differently, too.

I personally don't experience subdrop, but I struggle with anxiety. I suspect my body is experiencing a different cocktail of hormones/endorphins/whatever every day, so I'm used to these kinds of ups and downs. My emotional state tends to be unpredictable too, so there's no way for me to know if me feeling out of sorts or down is because of play the previous day, or lack of sleep (hello toddler), or some other thing.

For me, the euphoric subdrop also came with an inability and lack of desire to orgasm. It was triggered by a surprised fear response to something, but one in which I was very accepting of what was happening. Not the sort of fear response where I felt the need to protect myself, if that makes any sense. It makes me think of the animals that play dead when in the presence of a predator.
 
Master can send me into subspace (I think of it as "flying") either with relentless orgasms (he's good at that) or mid-high level pain play. He gets into a rhythm that almost lulls me, and off I go. As long as he doesn't change the rhythm or intensity too much, I fly, and I love it. I've never had sub-drop, probably because he is very mindful of aftercare to help me land gently.

It's an incredible feeling, afterwards...like all of my strings have been cut. Stress just melts away and I'm downright serene. It's a blessed relief when I've been overwhelmed, and I'm so grateful we have this magic between us.
 
Subspace in definately real and can be fantastic

My wife and I are new to this and we have already had several experiences that definitely fit the description of subspace. She refers to in as an overflow of stimulation. Pain is usually what gets us there. The most recent time involved a rather large anal toy. When she had peaked and could not take anymore, removing it put her in almost a trance like state. She said it was like hundreds of orgasms going off all at once.

I would encourage anyone who can do this to go to this place. It was euphoric to be able to give her that much pleasure and equally so to help her come back to reality.

Read up on aftercare... I hadn't the first time I took her to subspace and I really needed to.
 
...with no control, like I was a passenger in my own body but not like being drunk or high, different somehow. Looking back I find the state to be slightly scary and would not want to go back there again.

I get where you come from on that. The first time I have experienced a serious trace like state, it scared the shit out of me! I had only just begun experimenting with bdsm with 'R' and was just beginning to really trust him completely. The idea of being in that state and have no control scared me for the longest time. Now that we have been together for a couple months and I trust him completely, going to that state has begun to enhance the experience.

I can see though how if you aren't at that point with your partner, of complete trust, it being scary as hell. Then again not everyone wants to get to that point either. What I enjoy about is, I know my mind is not worrying about anything. The only thing I am worrying about is 'R' and his requests.
 
I experienced subspace for the first time this weekend it was the most amazing experience of my life. I definitely want to do that over and over. My Daddy and I had been playing for about an hour and I was about to explode, he took me in the bedroom and massaged my g-spot aggressively til I squirted over and over and over my body began spasming, my eyes wouldn't focus and my eyelids kept fluttering open and closed, everything was fuzzy all around me and I felt like I had taken some psychoactive drug. When my body stopped spasming my Daddy pulled me into his arms, my favorite place in the world and he rocked me and held me tight, I did cry but they were very sweet tears it was so beautiful. After I stopped crying Daddy rocked me and fed me chocolate, he made sure I had something to drink and told me how much he loved me and and what a Good Girl I was. I trust my Daddy with my life so it was easy to let go and just enjoy and he is amazing at after care. I have the Best Daddy in the world.
 
Last edited:
The desire to experience subspace is at the core of my journey into BDSM. Although I was alive through the 60's I didn't really live the altered consciousness experience. Now that my house is paid for, and my career is almost done--I want to LIVE.
 
A feature of space-time that facilitates faster-than-light transit, in the form of interstellar travel or the transmission of communications from one end of the Federation to another, or anywhere in known space.
 
I've found myself in a perfectly contented state, happy as can be, while servicing him. But, sub-space, I don't know that I'm capable of that.
 
I've found myself in a perfectly contented state, happy as can be, while servicing him. But, sub-space, I don't know that I'm capable of that.

This has been experience too. I've found myself happy as a clam and at times also gone on a mode where I've been very focused and would have done absolutely anything that's asked of me. I feels a little like an out of body experience but not like what people describe subspace being. Like you're really intensely present, but also not really in control of what you do.

Still subspace is the closest equivalent I've found, and sometimes speak of my experience as subspace, too.
 
I was put into subspace once by someone on our very first time, and we spent the next few months fruitlessly chasing it again. Heh, he kept telling me I wasn't trying hard enough :rolleyes: It was spacey but crystal clear all at the same time. I wouldn't mind finding it again but not fussed if I don't.
 
Back
Top