Gather, a spring challenge

Are the contributors also voting? :confused:

Not that I'm being accusatory here, but wouldn't that allow people who sent in multiple submissions to vote for themselves to ensure one or more survive the 1st elimination?

Why sure, but you cant vote 17 times for the same poem, if you think your poem deserves a vote then vote for it.

Why sure, but you cant vote 17 times for the same poem, if you think your poem deserves a vote then vote for it.

My mind is not processing things very well after those two whole pots of coffee this morning.

Not that I'm being accusatory here, but wouldn't that allow people who sent in multiple submissions to vote for themselves to ensure one or more survive the 1st elimination?

this isn't the AH

i don't know every person on the subs list, but i do most of them -i'd trust them to vote with honesty, even if that meant voting for their own pieces.

Should I call an exorcist? What's wrong Mirror?

No exorcist ... just was trying to process the procedures. :D

I know I had fun with mine little things, but I'm kinda looking forward to some of you who have experience and have been creating poetry for quite a while. It's going to be interesting to see all the different approaches and techniques!!! I kinda envy you Harry at getting the first peeks!!

No exorcist ... just was trying to process the procedures. :D

I know I had fun with mine little things, but I'm kinda looking forward to some of you who have experience and have been creating poetry for quite a while. It's going to be interesting to see all the different approaches and techniques!!! I kinda envy you Harry at getting the first peeks!!

Tell you the truth, it's been glorious, if you can find todski28 running around somewhere he can link you to some of the educational threads in the forum, I'm thinking specifically about 1201's sonic thread, but there are others just as good or better.

Colour me confused but that doesn't take much :) I don't have an alts what you see is what you get!

Following the general discussion I think I get a bit confused too.
In the first place I thought that this was going to be an open ballot, that we don't need alts and most importantly that if contributors vote for their own submissions their votes will not count. To ensure that we only need someone who is not a contributor to check and count the votes.
Does this sound ok?

I should I bring in my four alts and force them to write their own poems. Zip tie them up, then withhold snacks and beverages.

Following the general discussion I think I get a bit confused too.
In the first place I thought that this was going to be an open ballot, that we don't need alts and most importantly that if contributors vote for their own submissions their votes will not count. To ensure that we only need someone who is not a contributor to check and count the votes.
Does this sound ok?

Angeline and I are counting the votes separately to ensure an accurate count.
everyone is allowed to vote.

I should I bring in my four alts and force them to write their own poems. Zip tie them up, then withhold snacks and beverages.

They have 4 days left to enter. poem count 36 (+3-2) :rolleyes:
*yawn* coffee, goodmorning. ;)

Last edited:
I just saw this--an interesting prompt. It's been running through my head and I think I have something to share.
I can't wait to see what everyone does.

I just saw this--an interesting prompt. It's been running through my head and I think I have something to share.
I can't wait to see what everyone does.

Welcome to Gather, ninianne; you'll find your name HERE with all the poets that have entered.

3 days left to enter, well 2 and a wake up

Have to remember to set a wake up call for Harry ;)

butters says I wake early and often :rolleyes:
Tomorrow is the last full day to enter. I need to ask Angeline if it's possible to hold the entries page until I've finished posting the poems. Well done all :)

Since it's buried in an off-topic thread I'll repeat my thanks and admiration for HH and all involved in the "Gather" challenge here. I hear from Harry it'll be worth checking out the submissions, a great end to Poetry Month on the PFDB.

Drat, I lost count. one, two, three... Oh, a little less than 12 Hrs. left if my sleep patterns stay true to form

Drat, I lost count. one, two, three... Oh, a little less than 12 Hrs. left if my sleep patterns stay true to form

Ooohhh boy, neat! Fodder for thought!! Should we comment here, on this thread? Or on the ballot? It's going to be tough, take a while...

Okay, poems are posted and I'm going to make a pot of coffee. simply copy and paste the ballot found at the end of the thread and type the letter(s) of your favorite poems beside the 21 numbers there and pm back to Ballot_Box

Last edited:
butters says I wake early and often :rolleyes:
Tomorrow is the last full day to enter. I need to ask Angeline if it's possible to hold the entries page until I've finished posting the poems. Well done all :)

Hi. :)

I've been trying to figure out a way to hold the thread until you have all the poems in there, but no go. There's no way to create multiple posts offline or in a way where other users can't see the thread until you have all the poems in there. You could create a single post with all the entries in it, but I think that is not a good idea--could easily lead to confusion for voters and vote counters!

Hi. :)

I've been trying to figure out a way to hold the thread until you have all the poems in there, but no go. There's no way to create multiple posts offline or in a way where other users can't see the thread until you have all the poems in there. You could create a single post with all the entries in it, but I think that is not a good idea--could easily lead to confusion for voters and vote counters!

Thanks Angi, I kinda figured it out myself... with the posts pre-made when I edited in the poems the thread didn't show as 'bumped' until a new post was added, worked out better than I thought, now read!!

Thanks Angi, I kinda figured it out myself... with the posts pre-made when I edited in the poems the thread didn't show as 'bumped' until a new post was added, worked out better than I thought, now read!!

Yep, looks good. And this will not be an easy choice, ultimately. Lots of really striking and different takes on the challenge. We have such good writers here!

what a lot of entries! kudos to everyone who's put themselves out there :cool::rose:

i've read each one, and whittled my choices down to 22 so far, so i need to eliminate one more before i can cast my votes. there's definitely something for everyone there :cool:

when i've cast my votes later today (probably today but maybe tomorrow) i'll put a few comments in here about why i chose some of them.

:cattail:

Back