Gather, a spring challenge

how many entries have you received to date, H?

i just love the idea of so many minds firing up on creativity, like a bubbling volcano ready to erupt!

I have a third one, but think I'll wait till a few minutes before the end of the deadline :p

26 entries, updated index, 10 days left to enter,

Last edited:
If I haven't answered your entry pm, look HERE to see if your name shows as entered :) dry work, I'm up for a drink, the bar is open, I'm buying.

Last edited:
Okay, folks, no more than three poems each -_- 7 days left to get your entries in, all doing a wonderful job.

6 days left, 33 poems, :)
cryptic note: That will be fine. I'm copying straight from your entered text anyway

5 days left for entries by the time I wake up, the selection process will be a little bit different from what I have seen since I've been here. I think you will enjoy it. Updated contestants index tomorrow, goodnight poets.

Cryptic note: Dude? all things come full circle if you wait long enough.

...I have written a piece this morning but it has evolved into something that is not right for this challenge but will be abfab for something else. I will attempt another one at a later date for this challenge, if my juices are still flowing, so count me in please :)

It's later :)

Okay, a note about the selection process for the first and second round. I'm trying to get you up to speed before the poems drop.

You will be asked to read, then evaluate, comment on or discuss the poems offered for one week (deadline posted later) as you will in this thread.

At anytime during that week and up to the deadline you can pm your choices ( to an alt to be named later) for half of the poems. I'll have an exact number later. In the event of the entries ending up on an odd number we will increment by one ie: 33 poems = 18 semi/quarter finalists.

Questions?

Okay, a note about the selection process for the first and second round. I'm trying to get you up to speed before the poems drop.

You will be asked to read, then evaluate, comment on or discuss the poems offered for one week (deadline posted later) as you will in this thread.

At anytime during that week and up to the deadline you can pm your choices ( to an alt to be named later) for half of the poems. I'll have an exact number later. In the event of the entries ending up on an odd number we will increment by one ie: 33 poems = 18 semi/quarter finalists.

Questions?

so all are being posted in the first week which will get whittled down to half? or half going up the first week, half the next, and those selected go through to round 3?

explain it in simple words for me, man, this is maths:D

so all are being posted in the first week which will get whittled down to half? or half going up the first week, half the next, and those selected go through to round 3?

I think Harry means that the total of poems entered will be posted in the first week and this makes sense to me, cause if I make my choices only on half of them, how can I be sure that my choices would not be entirely different after the 2nd batch would be posted?
I hope I get this right…
:confused:

all posted at the same time, each... I just updated the index and I believe it's 34 poems on the dot now so each user would select and pm 17 poem choices ( 17/34 = 1/2 ) to Ballot_Box for tallying to complete the first elimination.

Last edited:
all posted at the same time, each... I just updated the index and I believe it's 34 poems on the dot now so each user would select and pm 17 poem choices ( 17/34 = 1/2 ) to Ballot_Box for tallying to complete the first elimination.

Are the contributors also voting? :confused:

Not that I'm being accusatory here, but wouldn't that allow people who sent in multiple submissions to vote for themselves to ensure one or more survive the 1st elimination?

Back