Favorite Lubrication

Oceanus Sensual is the highest of high end silicone lubricant - it was formulated by a scientist who used to make bubble gum. His wife was/is menopausal and they had ENOUGH of the lubes on the market so he set out to make the best. He took samples of the lubricants on market and found that Pjur/Eros was the best one out there out of all of the ones he found and tested. This lube is years in the making.

(back to the menopausal thing - OS also came out with AD LIB and M DRIVE.. both are topical creams to rub on one's wrist and helps you balance out during menopause and the male "version" andropause)

OS is the best even on bottle design alone, it has a pump delivery system that delivers just the right amount, and the bottle isn't round so it isn't going to roll all over the place and open. But, it is a silicone based lube, and silicone isn't for everyone.

Top Silicone - OS, Pjur/Eros, Pink, and Gun Oil.
Its the same order for me for water based, but I'd also throw ID Glide on that list. I MUCH prefer ID over Wet brand products ANY DAY.

I also feel astroglide and KY are CRAP. They were made by medical companies waaaaaay back in the day to be used for medical procedures. They get snotty and tacky very fast. Not intended for sex, I give them both a big thumbs down. There are DOZENS of other brands out there MADE for sex.

: steps off soap box :

I have to concur. Been using Ocean Sensuals for awhile now. A-Mazingly slippery and for the longest of times too. It's hands down the BEST stuff we've ever used. It just simply remains slippery for the longest of times whereas KY & Astroglide tends to just fade after the first hardcore bout of fucking. What's really annoying about these two brands is that it gets tacky after an initial fuck. Hell if I want to break the heat and go wash up my still hungry cock! I want seconds and I want my lube to be there for me!

homemade anal lube

For anal lube I like to use butter. I cut a piece off a stick of butter that was in the fridge and is hard. I put it in a dish with ice water to keep it hard and shove it up her ass when the time is right.

For anal lube I like to use butter. I cut a piece off a stick of butter that was in the fridge and is hard. I put it in a dish with ice water to keep it hard and shove it up her ass when the time is right.

I've never tried butter but I have to say I don't think it's a good idea to be using somthing that is oil based up your lovers ass! Just my opinion.

I use 'WET' it comes in different flavors and consistancy.

Mine's like that, but an Aus/NZ brand.

I just looked it up to see if it was only here, and found this gem in the 'use & enhancement' section:

Plus these suggestions from happy Sylk customers:

Quick-fix solution to stop a squeaky bed-head (!!)

I might have to try it next time... the WD40 I usually use leaves the bedroom smelling like a garage...

MMMMMMMM bedroom smelling like a garage gets me excited. broom broom.
Water based is a must! avoid scented or flavored ones if your partner has alergies & NEVER oil based lube is a no no no, I'm sure there is a ton of info out there giving the reasons why.

We have a very limited use for lube because BANDIT:heart: produces her own excellent lube that works fine everywhere we have tried it including anal :D

Last edited:
I won't be buttering her up no more

[/I've never tried butter but I have to say I don't think it's a good idea to be using somthing that is oil based up your lovers ass! Just my opinion.
QUOTE]
Oh I did not know that. I just thought if she could take it in her mouth that it could not be bad up the butt. I will use water base now.
It sure was an easy way to get it up inside her.

[/I've never tried butter but I have to say I don't think it's a good idea to be using somthing that is oil based up your lovers ass! Just my opinion.
QUOTE]
Oh I did not know that. I just thought if she could take it in her mouth that it could not be bad up the butt. I will use water base now.
It sure was an easy way to get it up inside her.

Based on all that I read water based is the way to go, much less chance of infection. Now I'm no expert, nor was I trying to tell you what to do!;)

I preffer wet platinum because it is one of the best lubricants for anal. it makes your ass really smooth and soft so you can do what you want to !

Another vote for Maximus. I'm actually surprised how long it lasts considering it's water based.

I love Eros, but it's expensive. Wet Platinum and PINK are great, but I have discovered I have some problems with silicone lube. KY His and Hers was awful! We used the His, just to try to get our money's worth out of it, but I hated the sensation with the Hers. It went in the trash after one use!

I do have a lube related question: When I use silicone lube, it works great, but short of taking a shower, I can't get it off me, post sex. It seems to have caused me to develop skin issues, because my skin can't breathe. Would baby wipes help with clean up so my skin can breathe? Any other suggestions? Getting up and showering right after sex isn't usually an option, and if I can't find a way to clean up easily, I'll have to stop using the lube I like!

(Sorry for the hijack...I figured the people in this thread might have some good suggestions!)

I love Eros, but it's expensive. Wet Platinum and PINK are great, but I have discovered I have some problems with silicone lube. KY His and Hers was awful! We used the His, just to try to get our money's worth out of it, but I hated the sensation with the Hers. It went in the trash after one use!

I do have a lube related question: When I use silicone lube, it works great, but short of taking a shower, I can't get it off me, post sex. It seems to have caused me to develop skin issues, because my skin can't breathe. Would baby wipes help with clean up so my skin can breathe? Any other suggestions? Getting up and showering right after sex isn't usually an option, and if I can't find a way to clean up easily, I'll have to stop using the lube I like!

(Sorry for the hijack...I figured the people in this thread might have some good suggestions!)

If I had to hazzard a guess! I would say it's an allergy problem, silicone allergies are not that uncommon.

You could get a test done. I don't know how easy it is to get done in the States if you're from there. In Canada it's pretty easy to do and it's covered under our medicare.

I do hope you find away around it though!

I'm going to hijack this thread, too.

Last night I bought some Anal Eze lube - I haven't used it yet. Anyone have any experiences with it? I needed something to desensitize my rectum.

Last night I bought some Anal Eze lube - I haven't used it yet. Anyone have any experiences with it? I needed something to desensitize my rectum.

Works well. the secret is ... too much is just enough.

You should never use anything that desensitizes you! Pain is a sign that something is wrong; taking away your ability to feel pain is very bad! If anal sex hurts, then you are doing something wrong! You may need to work your way up to being able to handle a penis...start with a finger for a while, then a small vibe or dildo, and take things gradually. Please rethink using this product, for your own safety!

You should never use anything that desensitizes you! Pain is a sign that something is wrong; taking away your ability to feel pain is very bad! If anal sex hurts, then you are doing something wrong! You may need to work your way up to being able to handle a penis...start with a finger for a while, then a small vibe or dildo, and take things gradually. Please rethink using this product, for your own safety!

So true, thanks for the reminder.....

Eh, I can hold a penis. The problem is... I didn't really have the ability to conceptualize the size of a plug I bought and I've been trying - for nine months - to get it in me. Something that's nearly twice my fist it a little hard to work in all by myself.

Eh, I can hold a penis. The problem is... I didn't really have the ability to conceptualize the size of a plug I bought and I've been trying - for nine months - to get it in me. Something that's nearly twice my fist it a little hard to work in all by myself.

Sounds like you need assistance.

If you go for water based I recommend Maximus. or even better Saliva ;)

I am totally sold to silicone based though(I hate that I cant use it with the silicone toy thats my only complaint) Right now We use Swede's Skin Glide it's in a nice little pump bottle. once we are finished this bottle(it is almost empty) we are upgrading(my sex shop lady told me that it was better) to Pjur Eros.

Anyone would work the only thing is to make my self oily.
But my personally i use wet platinum.

I use Wet Original for a vaginal/toy play. works great for me, safe for all types of toys and does not stain.

Saliva...have no problem with self lubrication when the right stimulant is involved

Saliva...have no problem with self lubrication when the right stimulant is involved

Have you ever used self-lubrication for anal play? For after PIV fucking. My ex used to get wet enough for that between the cream that would leak from her down to her ass to what was on me. I liked that.

My two cents

For a water based lubricant, I'm an AstroGlide man. However, AstroGlide makes a strawberry flavored version of their basic lube which is OUTSTANDING if you enjoy switching between oral and other orifices. (regular AstroGlide doesn't taste very good!)

Shadowann, silicone lube is designed to be harder to remove. It's perfect for sex in the shower, but for the bed I would stick to water-based.

PS- Here's the Strawberry AstroGlide:
http://www.amazon.com/Astroglide-Pe...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1265632371&sr=8-2

i can't recommend anything scented or flavoured... leads to yucky yeast infections... not good.

there is this stuff that comes in a black screw top jar with silver writing on it. it's silicone based so really long lasting and not tacky. has a consistency like a thick face cream so no issues with it dripping everywhere. for the life of me i can't remember what it's called.

Back