How to Explore the World of Sex Toys?

jimmy_woods

Virgin
My wife only has one sex toy - a generic bullet vibrator that she got decades ago from a friend (mostly as a joke at the time). When we first started dating, we were fairly adventurous and would occasionally go into adult stores and browse the toys. However, over the years we have seem to become less adventurous and only break out her trusty vibrator once in a while. Well, of course the vibrator is now starting to break down and we'd like to replace it. I started looking online and noticed that there is just so much out there nowadays. I think it'd be fun to try out some new toys together, but my wife is fairly shy about it and I think a little embarrassed as well. Any tips for how to encourage her to try new things?

Online sales takes all the embarrassment out of purchases. Unfortunately there is no known way to try them out, and there is such a difference between them and what they can do. Expense toys can be fun and well worth the costs, but it might be worth it to try the cheaper versions first.
LELO toys are worth it, but tuff to bite the costs if you don’t have a clue. It’s more of a hit or miss pick. Good Luck

Have you tried to look at websites with toys together? By looking together, you can get an idea of what you both may or may not be into.

Also try not to be judgmental. By that, don't make her feel bad about her ideas or suggestions even if it is something that you might not like.

Also, try a few things. Be open to all toys.

Online sales takes all the embarrassment out of purchases. Unfortunately there is no known way to try them out, and there is such a difference between them and what they can do. Expense toys can be fun and well worth the costs, but it might be worth it to try the cheaper versions first.
LELO toys are worth it, but tuff to bite the costs if you don’t have a clue. It’s more of a hit or miss pick. Good Luck

Yes, I think my main hesitation with online purchases is that there's no way to really test something out in person or see how it operates. We do buy a lot of things online, but seems like sex toys are in a slightly different category. Ideally I think it'd be great to be able to talk to someone in-person at a store, but then again since everyone is different a toy that might be good for someone might not be good at all for someone else. But I do like the idea of trying out cheaper versions first just to get a feel for it before spending too much.

Have you tried to look at websites with toys together? By looking together, you can get an idea of what you both may or may not be into.

Also try not to be judgmental. By that, don't make her feel bad about her ideas or suggestions even if it is something that you might not like.

Also, try a few things. Be open to all toys.

Good advice, thank you. There is just so much out there nowadays, I just want my wife to be able to explore and perhaps choose one of the more wilder options but I don't know if she will. So perhaps it's okay if I offer up some suggestions for her as well?

Believe it or not places like Amazon actually have a lot of people that leave reviews on the products they sell. You can buy a lot of toys in the $10-30 range which is cheap as far as I'm concerned to figure out what you and your wife like and don't like.

Wouldn't it be nice if women had social clubs where they could exchange sex toys and tell each other which ones they liked? And they could promote women-run businesses that catered to them and maybe even gave them samples for evaluation? Hey, I may have the germ of a story there...

If you search a bit, you'll find that there are actually quite a few detailed reviews of sex toys available. I don't put much trust in 'generic' reviews from Amazon or similar sites, but it is possible to find people describing in (sometimes very intimate) detail how their experience has been with different toys. That's how I usually pick my new toys - and it has been a success so far :)

ive used a couple cock rings for masturbation and they help alot but can dull the erection if worn too long and uses a vibrating one too and they work well lol

I really enjoy the blog Hey Epiphora. She reviews tons of sex toys. You should check it out.

Back