Thorald Deighton (OPEN)

Arshaka could think of one but she didn't know how Thorald would would be able to handle it seeing how without her he would have been driven to insanity. "I can only think of one way buy the cave 100 times worse than what the forest was and I don't know if even having me there would help you while there but if you still want to try then I will lead you there." She said to him not knowing what else to do.
 
Thorald

"I would rather have a personal meeting with a Banshee than be cremated. The disgusting wet and slippery cave is the least miserable option although it is hazardly obnoxious but I trust you with my life." Thorald stated with a dispirited body language.

Arshaka crawled through the narrow hole that led down to the deathly underworld in front of Zikita and Deighton.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Arshaka looked back and said "stay very close to me because if you even lose sight of me for a second you will get lost again." She said grabbing an old tourch. "I would hold your hand if I didn't think you would apologize yourself to death." She said jokingly. She knew he was being a gentleman about what happened but in order for her to get him out he needed not to worry about a thing. She lead him to an open room with three more doors and she stopped. She stood there trying to remember which way to go.
 
Thorald

"I am not the one that knocks on death's door nor liberate any demons and I don't want to be buried by triggering a deadfall trap or an exploding booby trap."

Thorald was nervous when he eyed the old wooden doors and how the dancing light from the flame moved across Arshaka's pretty face.

"It would be easier to solve this problem if we knew any of the wrong choices but you and Zikita could use your excellent perception or senses to try to detect the traps if the right door isn't marked in a special way or is it possible to disarm them?" Deighton asked with a puzzled look.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Arshaka looked over at Thorald and said "I wish it was as easy as that I think these are ancient ruins of my people so I don't think that Zikita or I could even detect anything. I would guess that they probably trapped the place keeping in mind that someone from our village could have been taken and forced through this cave." She knelt down in front of tbe door then asked "do you have anything with a mirror finish?"
 
Thorald

"I have my polished silver sword and we cannot wait for somebody to put us in a dungeon. You can use it around the doors to see and feel if they are closed or safe to open but please stop when the blade gets stuck because that could be the last event before we die. Don't worry and feel no pressure."

Thorald gave the melee weapon to Arshaka and tried to be courageous but he felt how the panic from the terror made him freeze with fear. Zikita walked in circles and its wagging tail showed that it was nervous.
 
Arshaka could see both of her companions' nervousness shine through and she said "you guys need to calm down a bit the cave isn't going to collapse any time soon no matter what we trigger. I would shutter to think that my ancestors would destroy any history that may still hide itself in here. I'm more afraid of them setting something along the likes of fire pots or dart blower traps." She slowly poked the sword under the door to see if she could see anything
 
Thorald

"But what if there are ghosts of the deceased or undead in the depths of this tunnel system?" Thorald wondered.

There was a clear metallic sound when the sword struck something hard and got stuck in the side of the door. Everyone held their breath and the reflection showed that the left door was secure but it was locked from the inside.
 
Arshaka was relieved that nothing happen to them and she turned to say "trust me I understand your concerns believe me I do but right now isn't the time for you to start falling apart on me. I need you to stay calm and don't fall in the trap of do not go forward or back just stay in one spot which leads to death."

She began to work the weap up and felt the same thing as before but instead of stopping she kept moving it up until she felt the locking mechanism.x
 
Thorald

The maiden tried the same procedure with right door but this time they heard the sound of falling rocks followed by a bang that shook the ground. The door was opened by a large stone that blocked the whole way.

"Great work. Now we can pass through the middle door since the others are locked and blocked." Thorald expressed sarcastically and got his sword back.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Arshaka could sense his sarcastic tone and say "well I could have just smashed the doors in possibly leaving us with the only exit is the way we came... you know the dragon infested outside." She slowly opened the door to make sure nothing else would happen before she motioned for him to come.
 
Thorald

It seemed too easy when they went deeper into the realm of death but Thorald had to assault and knock over the girl so that he ended up on top of her. An burning arrow flew over their heads with a whining sound before it hit the wall behind them.

"I am sorry but I need you and I don't want to lose any more I like but every step here is lethal." Thorald said with a shaky voice and helped Arshaka up by holding her hands.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As Arshaka was helped up she looked at him and said "it's ok Thorald you don't have to keep apologizing for this. If there was any hint of fowl intentions Zikita wouldn't hesitate to defend me." When she finished her statement Zikita walked between them and sat down. The tigeress sat there and began to purr.
 
Thorald

"Yes indeed. This environment is perfect for a really enjoyable and harmless date." Thorald claimed ironically with a mocking smile.

She was forced to jump on him before he fell into the hidden hole which was filled with skeletons that had been penetrated by spears. It was an embarrassing silence when the girl sat on the man.

"Thank you for saving my life. This adventure is far too exciting for me because I am an old guy." Deighton admitted frankly.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
"Easy now I don't want a traveling companion that constantly talks down about himself and consider me setting on you now as payment for this morning if that will help clear your soul." Arshaka said with a giggle. She noticed that Zikita had walked over to Thorald and began to nudge him wanting him to get up. She hurried and got off of him and helped him up saying "you should be proud Zikita has taken a liking to you."
 
Thorald

"Zikita is very cuddly and cute just like you. I am pleased to have you as company. It takes a lot of effort to soothe my soul." Thorald told as they approached the ancient tomb that was full of sarcophagi.

"I understand that this must be your ancestor's necropolis but it gives me the creeps. We should pass it quickly and silently because we don't want to disturb their rest." Deighton whispered.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Arshaka looked at him before saying "my people didn't ever trap the spirit of the dead here or anywhere. You made it out of one of the most possibly hunted places the forest you had gotten lost in."

She walked through the ancient burial grounds with her companions. making sure that she didn't make any noise to scare Thorald. She could see sets of old armor and weapons but didn't bother them because she didn't know if they could survive being disturbed.
 
Thorald Deighton

"What was that? I think I hear movements everywhere and I doubt that our troubles are over. Is there something wrong with my eyesight or are the dead opening the lids of their coffins? Thorald said attentively when the decomposing hands stretched upwards.

"Wah! We better run away from the rotten lethargic zombies before they eat our brains!" Deighton shouted while the broken corpses began to lift themselves up and turned to face them.
 
Arshaka looks at him and says "I don't know it's new to me. Lets hurry and find the door so we can put a lick between us and them." She grabs his hand and darts for the end of the room.
 
Thorald

Thorald overturned a pillar so that the oil in the urn ran in a straight line along the floor and Arshaka understood what she should do when her torch set fire to it so that a fire wall was created.

"Something sinister has resurrected the lifeless. You cannot kill or stop death but it is possible to delay it for a while. We have to destroy or barricade the door behind us." Deighton said with a horrified tone and was shocked.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Arshaka looked at him and said "you are the one who is going to have to do that because I don't have a sword and I doubt if I did I could chope through it before they reach us." She hated to have him do it but this door looked a lot more sturdy than the last ones they passed.
 
Thorald Deighton

"We don't need to do much because it is made of metal and has no lock. The idiots can't open or brake through the door if I cut off the handle before I close it."

Thorald opened the door for Arshaka and Zakita. They saw how Deighton got the job done by swinging his glistening sword once and waited for him until he closed the door. The three companions had entered the huge ruin city.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Arshaka was glad that they could calm down now and walk some without being chased by anything. She couldn't wait to be out of this underground passage way. She didn't know how much longer they would have to travel but at least they wouldn't have to worry about the dragon anymore.
 
Thorald Deighton

They saw an rusty iron gate that had a sign where it said: "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst."

""When the going gets tough, the tough get going." Thorald quoted and was ready to fight.
 
"You do realize that you might end up being the only one fighting depending on how well armed they are right?" Arshaka asked.
 
Back
Top