New faces, come say hello...

Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome,
good to know there are other BDSM neophytes around here.
at the risk of sounding like a moron, what is BBW??

You're not a moron; it took me awhile to figure some of the acronymns out, too (and I'm still lost on others). You're very intelligent to hang out here in this sexually mature community instead of getting bad info elsewhere on the net. ;)

Welcome Bella!

Actually, if you hang around here you'll find that subs can also be very strong and independent.

:rose:

I've never really seen subs as weak people--the things they do take enormous strenth and will--and I think I need to learn more about their roles to find if my inner sub is hiding and I'm really more of a switch. The complete giving and trust is something I find "stimulating." :rolleyes:

You're not a moron; it took me awhile to figure some of the acronymns out, too (and I'm still lost on others). You're very intelligent to hang out here in this sexually mature community instead of getting bad info elsewhere on the net. ;)

Perhaps the following link Netspeak Deciphered from the Fetish Information Exchange may assist. As I mentioned in my post to anIrishcharmer, the main acronym that appears to be unique to this site is PYL/pyl.There is are also topical discussion pages linked from our BDSM Library . The section on Terms/Acronyms has yet to be finalized in the current update, perhaps I'll resolve that in the next 12 hours.

Best of luck and welcome to all :rose:

Last edited:
...The section on Terms/Acronyms has yet to be finalized in the current update, perhaps I'll resolve that in the next 12 hours...
:eek::eek::eek:What? Not yet finalized with current updates?:eek::eek::eek:
My God, woman! What do we hire you for? And what are you doing reading and posting to threads, when you should be slaving away on that library.

Geeeesh! :rolleyes: Some women. I'll bet she's expecting to get paid for what she's doing, too.
:D Ha! The joke's on her. ;)

Sorry, sweetie. I'm just joking with you. But, you know that. Take your time on that library gig. You're doing a wonderful job, too.:rose:

:eek::eek:What? Not yet finalized with current updates?:eek::eek::eek:
My God, woman! What do we hire you for? And what are you doing reading and posting to threads, when you should be slaving away on that library.

Geeeesh! :rolleyes: Some women. I'll bet she's expecting to get paid for what she's doing, too.
:D Ha! The joke's on her. ;)

Sorry, sweetie. I'm just joking with you. But, you know that. Take your time on that library gig. You're doing a wonderful job, too.:rose:

: laughs : It's not that easy you know, I just don't happen to log in and go whining about the short failings of the Lit system because when it comes down to it, I accepted the nomination for the position. I'll make an exception and site a small example, I can do an extensive amount of work researching then coding, hit save and the Lit system randomly tells me I am not authorized to make those changes even though I am logged in as bdsm_librarian and have access to the edit feature. I have lost work, I don't complain though : laughs : I have taught myself tricks to compensate, still it can be time consuming. Hmmn is 'Library martyr ' a good look : ponders :

I have scratched the surface, it will get there, another few months , when it's concluded it will be the best of my ability and frankly DVS my friend that's not too shabby : smileslaughs :

Thank you for the encouragement DVS you terror, it's both duly noted and appreciated :rose:

New here

HI,

I'm curious about BDSM..... learning if I am truly fit for this lifestlye or is it just a fling into kinky sex....:)

: laughs : It's not that easy you know, I just don't happen to log in and go whining about the short failings of the Lit system because when it comes down to it, I accepted the nomination for the position. I'll make an exception and site a small example, I can do an extensive amount of work researching then coding, hit save and the Lit system randomly tells me I am not authorized to make those changes even though I am logged in as bdsm_librarian and have access to the edit feature. I have lost work, I don't complain though : laughs : I have taught myself tricks to compensate, still it can be time consuming. Hmmn is 'Library martyr ' a good look : ponders :

I have scratched the surface, it will get there, another few months , when it's concluded it will be the best of my ability and frankly DVS my friend that's not too shabby : smileslaughs :

Thank you for the encouragement DVS you terror, it's both duly noted and appreciated :rose:
I didn't notice any insincerity in that post, did I? Have I been dutifully shunned and rebuffed by the Lit librarian? :confused: Oh My Gawd! :rolleyes:

But, she did call me a terror, so I think that smoothes things out quite a bit. :cool: As long as she was sincere. Librarians don't tell fibs....right?:eek:

HI,

I'm curious about BDSM..... learning if I am truly fit for this lifestlye or is it just a fling into kinky sex....:)
Kinky sex is fun, even if it's just a fling. You'll have to test the waters for a while, before you know if you are really BDSMish.

So, you don't say how you were first introduced to this little fling of yours. Do you have a kinky friend? Or did you happen to read a story you found interesting? I'm just curious. And, you shouldn't feel obligated to say, just because I am curious. But, isn't just eating you up inside, to tell someone?:D

OK, I'm a perv.

I've been lurking here for a week or two... I'm not in the BDSM lifestyle, and not sure I want to be, but I'm interested in learning more about it. Something about it intrigues me.

I'm not confident enough to be Dominant, and too much of a pain in the neck to be submissive, but if nothing else, I'd like to be able to write convincingly about BDSM. lol. I have written one Dom/sub story, which is part of the Valentine's contest; I was a little surprised when I realized that was what I'd written. I have a good friend who's been into BDSM for several years, as a switch, and what he's told me about it makes me want to correct my misperceptions.

I didn't notice any insincerity in that post, did I? Have I been dutifully shunned and rebuffed by the Lit librarian? :confused: Oh My Gawd! :rolleyes:

Ohhh as if : laughs : You know quite well DVS that I am quite fond of you, are you happy now ?

But, she did call me a terror, so I think that smoothes things out quite a bit. :cool: As long as she was sincere. Librarians don't tell fibs....right?:eek:

Simple fact, you are a terror.

: hands out free super glue to the ladies that grace Lit :

I've never really seen subs as weak people--the things they do take enormous strenth and will--and I think I need to learn more about their roles to find if my inner sub is hiding and I'm really more of a switch. The complete giving and trust is something I find "stimulating." :rolleyes:

That's good to hear. I'm glad.

:rose:

introducing myself...

I am 42 and new here not as a practicing member of BDMS life or any special kinks though, rather just to get acquainted with this life style first before making my mind whether to join or walk away. In short, in Academics have three master degrees and the PhD on its way! Professionally, have worked in association with the government owned international development organizations based in Germany, Canada and USA. Currently, teaching in Australia, and managing a small business of my own, apart from exploring the world and keep getting amazed on new findings. Never had a chance to get settled as remained occupied with issues confronting millions of people. Now, do seriously considering it. Couple of times a year still roam around the world but more as a tourist as had enough of the poor, developing and developed countries policies, their governments and the UN hypocrisies…

Thankie sai rebecca
I now hae a little screen next to the forums to looks stuff up.
xxxciteme- you too. A friend of mine who has posted some of her stuff here let me on when I started asking her about BDSM stuff. She was the first person I knew who was open about being into this sort of thing.

I have questions. Should I start a new thread for them or looks somewhere else?

Hello E/everyone. I'm a Dom here in the Houston area and I would love to make new friends. I'll admit that for right now, I'm a hobbyist and not a 24-7 lifestyler, but I still enjoy this realm. Anyway, feel free to PM if you so care to.

Thankie sai rebecca
I now hae a little screen next to the forums to looks stuff up.
xxxciteme- you too. A friend of mine who has posted some of her stuff here let me on when I started asking her about BDSM stuff. She was the first person I knew who was open about being into this sort of thing.

I have questions. Should I start a new thread for them or looks somewhere else?

Maybe I'm too tired from studying, but where can I get this little screen? And thank you for sharing questions, too. I've read about this for years, but know so little. :kiss:

Thank you for pointing me to the library. I think you and the others that maintain this site do a wonderful job!

Perhaps the following link Netspeak Deciphered from the Fetish Information Exchange may assist. As I mentioned in my post to anIrishcharmer, the main acronym that appears to be unique to this site is PYL/pyl.There is are also topical discussion pages linked from our BDSM Library . The section on Terms/Acronyms has yet to be finalized in the current update, perhaps I'll resolve that in the next 12 hours.

Best of luck and welcome to all :rose:
Thank you for pointing me to the library. I think you and the others that maintain this site do a wonderful job!

New to Lit, but not to the lifestyle. I have been a member of a BDSM site, but it has recently become less attractive to me. Since I am trying to re-discover my creative side, this seems the place to be. I'm a 45 yr old, redhead, mostly sub (with a bit of a switchy bitch).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back