The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Valentine's Day Contest Support Thread

That's a perk of winning. You're mentioned on the home page(if the site likes you;)) and people will check out your story.

My winning Winter Holiday story has more votes than any of my other stories, even the Incest ones.

The exposure of entering a contest helps, but winning boosts votes and comments too, even if some of the comments are critical and some of the votes are low.

Yeah I'm beyond my presweep vote total now, and without losing my average (don't tell the trolls). But most of those are probably due to ch 2 of my story being posted yesterday.

Ooh. I've been looking forward to that one.

My winning Winter Holiday story has more votes than any of my other stories, even the Incest ones.

The exposure of entering a contest helps, but winning boosts votes and comments too, even if some of the comments are critical and some of the votes are low.

Apparently being blatantly fucked out of a W can do wonders as well.

My story from V-day 2012 that was allegedly edged out by a site fav just received its 200th comment and has been bouncing back and forth between the #1-#2 spot on the all time Mature Hall of Fame list

Its two years old and still receives comments and feedback on a regular basis.

The story that "squeaked" past me, can't be found with a GPS these days.

Reminds me of the "green room" at major pool tournaments.

Apparently being blatantly fucked out of a W can do wonders as well.

My story from V-day 2012 that was allegedly edged out by a site fav just received its 200th comment and has been bouncing back and forth between the #1-#2 spot on the all time Mature Hall of Fame list

Its two years old and still receives comments and feedback on a regular basis.

The story that "squeaked" past me, can't be found with a GPS these days.

Reminds me of the "green room" at major pool tournaments.

Haha. I was on that list for about 10 minutes at the end of the contest. :D

Haha. I was on that list for about 10 minutes at the end of the contest. :D

You'll get back there. That was a wave of obnoxious jealous authors bombing you. It happened to my Summer Loving placing contest last year went from 4.83 to 4.72 in two days.

First troll comment. I think someone got lost on the way to LW...

And when they got tired of being abused?
02/18/14 By: Anonymous
And humiliated. Did they stand up and beat the crap out of her like she deserved? I certainly hope so. I can't believe this was a prize winner.

:D

Just ran across a funny and thought I would share.

Up in the 2014 Survivor Contest thread, guess who said "Oh, I don't plan on winning any of the themed contests..."

:D

Out of curiosity...

...I've kept an eye on the voting on my story (c&p'd into a doc), and glanced at others in the months since.

For mine, 4.78 seems to be the magic number for hitting before it's bombed again. It keeps recovering, ticking its way back up, and dropping down. Nice to see the trolls are still bothering.

*waves two fingers at trolls*

...I've kept an eye on the voting on my story (c&p'd into a doc), and glanced at others in the months since.

For mine, 4.78 seems to be the magic number for hitting before it's bombed again. It keeps recovering, ticking its way back up, and dropping down. Nice to see the trolls are still bothering.

Mine doesn't go higher than 4.72.

The one that placed in summer 2013 went down to 4.74 can can;t seem to get above that.

My winter 2012 3rd place winner has stayed dead on with a 4.82.

My recent earthday winner is hovering at 4.80

Back