Should i continue with this? (first story - stepfather/daughter)

rachelkisskiss

Experienced
I'm not sure whether to continue with this "road trip" story or not. I'm not a very good writer, but i have a lot of fantasies i'd love to see written out. Any advice would be great.

[Material prohibited per our forum guidelines]

Last edited by a moderator:
If you feel yourself being pressed by the inspiration to write it, yes continue doing so. If you are aware you have problems with the writing, use both writing this and reading the similar stories of others to help you improve. And you might ask for editorial help on it via the Editor forum and then, after editing, submit it to the Lit. story file and have it posted before asking for feedback on it here on Lit. Happy writing.

The forum guidelines limit the amount of your story that you can post here to about three paragraphs.

I read some of the story before it was removed. I won't respond to it specifically, but I'll give you this...

If you enjoy writing it, then you should write it. I assume you would also like someone to read it, but don't worry too much about the readers. Do what you enjoy.

You might get your hand spanked by the admin and your story bounced back to you, but you can fix it and try again.

I think that for every story there is probably a reader who will enjoy it even if it isn't polished.

Writing well isn't easy for most people (for anyone?). Take your time to get it right.

Use help from volunteer editors and beta readers, then thank them for their time and effort.

The forum guidelines limit the amount of your story that you can post here to about three paragraphs.

There's more to it than this. The story offered for feedback on this forum is supposed to have already been posted to the Literotica story file. It's not just the length of the excerpt--it's also whether it's a Literotica story yet or not. Otherwise it's circumventing Lit.'s privilege of selection and rules on what can be published to the Web site and what can't.

Last edited:

I read some of the story before it was removed. I won't respond to it specifically, but I'll give you this...

If you enjoy writing it, then you should write it. I assume you would also like someone to read it, but don't worry too much about the readers. Do what you enjoy.

You might get your hand spanked by the admin and your story bounced back to you, but you can fix it and try again.

I think that for every story there is probably a reader who will enjoy it even if it isn't polished.

Writing well isn't easy for most people (for anyone?). Take your time to get it right.

Use help from volunteer editors and beta readers, then thank them for their time and effort.

Thank you for the advice!!

There's more to it than this. The story offered for feedback on this forum is supposed to have already been posted to the Literotica story file. It's not just the length of the excerpt--it's also whether it's a Literotica story yet or not. Otherwise it's circumventing Lit.'s privilege of selection and rules on what can be published to the Web site and what can't.

Apologies! I've learned my lesson! :)

Back