Loving Wives story - turn comments off?

The only stories that do well in the LW category are the ones where the cheating wife is punished in some sort of way. The audience is sad sorry guys wanting to live out some revenge fantasy. Exciting stories or erotic sex have no place for that audience.
I've been saying this for some time, and you're the latest person to say the exact same thing and at this point I've lost track of how many know this.

I don't totally buy the theory that a LW story has to be BTB to succeed. If a story hits the right erotic notes with the readers, it can overcome the one star moralists. If you check out the 'Favoritest' Loving Wives stories, nine out of ten involved wife sharing/cheating with sex being the main thrust, not revenge. Some recent writers have done well enough with their stroke stories that they now release them first on Patreon. They wouldn't do that if they didn't have demand for their work.

Of course, that is mostly the upper end of the LW stroke story writers doing well, while any scrub BTB writer who ticks off the right cliché boxes will land four scores consistently, whether they are two star stories or not. So if you care about your LW scoring, either write paint by number BTB stories or ones that people will want to masturbate to more than once. That does explain why the stroke stories get all the favorites, because it makes it easy to find them next time.

I’m sorry, please poke me in the eye, but am I correct in saying that the Loving Wives category is for women having sex outside of their public relationship, and that often involves cheating?
And then men go there and get upset because the stories are about that?
(I’ve just seen so many people complain about the toxic nature of the crowd there and I wanted to make sure I understood)

I don't totally buy the theory that a LW story has to be BTB to succeed. If a story hits the right erotic notes with the readers, it can overcome the one star moralists. If you check out the 'Favoritest' Loving Wives stories, nine out of ten involved wife sharing/cheating with sex being the main thrust, not revenge. Some recent writers have done well enough with their stroke stories that they now release them first on Patreon. They wouldn't do that if they didn't have demand for their work.

Of course, that is mostly the upper end of the LW stroke story writers doing well, while any scrub BTB writer who ticks off the right cliché boxes will land four scores consistently, whether they are two star stories or not. So if you care about your LW scoring, either write paint by number BTB stories or ones that people will want to masturbate to more than once. That does explain why the stroke stories get all the favorites, because it makes it easy to find them next time.
BTB?

The Loving Wives category has some established acronyms that mean little elsewhere. BTB stands for Burn the Bitch/Bastard. RAAC is Reconciliation At Any Cost, which is the opposite of BTB. BTB stories are typically revenge fantasies, while RAAC is self explanatory. If you read enough comments on LW stories, you will easily be able to recognize the proponents of each.

The Loving Wives category has some established acronyms that mean little elsewhere. BTB stands for Burn the Bitch/Bastard. RAAC is Reconciliation At Any Cost, which is the opposite of BTB. BTB stories are typically revenge fantasies, while RAAC is self explanatory. If you read enough comments on LW stories, you will easily be able to recognize the proponents of each.
Jesus

Okay so I made a grave error.
For a couple years I have been posting Gay Stories based on experiences of me testing my bi-side behind my ex-wives back. My new wife to be (married in December but been together for 13 years) a couple years ago opened our relationship up to 'experiment' together (groups/others) and single (exploring our bi-sides).

My grave error came when I thought of sharing some of these experiences which led to me releasing my latest story Sexploration: Part 1 - I placed it in the most toxic category on this site Loving Wives and its just being rating bombed. Comments just attacking it etc.

I am fine with people not liking my stories, not rating them higher I am just here sharing experiences (apart from when I enter stories into contests).
I was wondering whether my story actually sucked as bad as the ratings say - and whether I should just delete the follow up chapters that are written and were going to be submitted?

I would have thought your subject matter would have been safe.from my experience most of the hate is directed towards
any one who has the gall, to write about some fictional woman having fictional sex, with some fictional guy behind her fictional husband's,
back.didn't they get the memo. non of it is real...........it's all fictional.

am I correct in saying that the Loving Wives category is for women having sex outside of their public relationship, and that often involves cheating?
The category description makes it sound less like the cheating is the intended main feature and more like consensual non-monogamy is. It also very heavily implies that the husband is generally intended to be present for it.

Do people adhere to that description? Of course not. I guess it became the dumping-ground for "actual cheating" stories, especially the ones with the BTB and RAAC themes.

I just fell into that trap and posted my first two stories into LW. Of course I received horrible comments and the rating is low.

Is it possible to change the category of a published story? I'd hate to because I find the name loving wife quite cute and the description is clear.

why people would leave nasty comments is unclear to me. I wont go into the nonconsensual section and rate nasty comments on stories of children getting raped. Maybe the authors deserve it, but I was made aware beforehand what I would step into. If I don t like the nature of this site, I should leave.

Is it possible to change the category of a published story?
You can. It's generally not worth it though as it will still have the votes from LW, and it might not hit the New list again. So you are inserting a low scoring story into a different category where is will have limited discoverability.

I'd wait a while, ask Laurel to delete the story, then reupload it in the category you want.

You can. It's generally not worth it though as it will still have the votes from LW, and it might not hit the New list again. So you are inserting a low scoring story into a different category where is will have limited discoverability.

I'd wait a while, ask Laurel to delete the story, then reupload it in the category you want.
I'm having Laurel move a story multi-part from LW to another category and then I'm going to publish the next part. That will put it on the New list, and hopefully lead readers to the prior parts. Might work, might not.

I'm having Laurel move a story multi-part from LW to another category and then I'm going to publish the next part. That will put it on the New list, and hopefully lead readers to the prior parts. Might work, might not.
That's a reasonable assumption. When I see a new part/chapter in the new list that I haven't read yet, I always go back and start at the beginning.

Just to give you an idea of how screwed up the LW category is, the top-rated story belongs in Romance, IMHO. The top-rated stories that fit the category description are years old.

Next time publish in fetish. Loving wives are full of the type of insecure men who get enraged by men who are secure enough to explore things. Part of their rage bomb votes and nasty comments is deep down they're probably turned on, and that's your fault. In fetish there's actual men there looking for what turns them on and vote accordingly.

No,no Loving wives are full of insecure men who get enraged reading a fictional story about women fucking behind their back.
without telling them all about it.

I just fell into that trap and posted my first two stories into LW. Of course I received horrible comments and the rating is low.

Is it possible to change the category of a published story? I'd hate to because I find the name loving wife quite cute and the description is clear.

why people would leave nasty comments is unclear to me. I wont go into the nonconsensual section and rate nasty comments on stories of children getting raped. Maybe the authors deserve it, but I was made aware beforehand what I would step into. If I don t like the nature of this site, I should leave.
I had posted a story in LW and like you got torched in the comments and had it in the 2's in terms of rating... all because the wife is having an affair, which is made both clear in the title and story description. I did later change the story category to First Time, which is applicable to the plot, and the average score has made a comeback, but it's still by far my lowest rated story because of the initial review bomb. A word to wise; don't post stories that category... ever. I certainly never will again.

I had posted a story in LW and like you got torched in the comments and had it in the 2's in terms of rating... all because the wife is having an affair, which is made both clear in the title and story description. I did later change the story category to First Time, which is applicable to the plot, and the average score has made a comeback, but it's still by far my lowest rated story because of the initial review bomb. A word to wise; don't post stories that category... ever. I certainly never will again.
How did you get it to qualify for first time? Was the guy she was having an affair with a virgin?

He was. I was split between submitting the story to LW and FT and eventually settled on LW because her reluctance to cheat more central to the story than him being a virgin. I then checked common story tags used in LW and saw references to cheating coming up often, so I thought it would be the better category to use. After that experience, however, I'll never use LW again, no matter how relevant the category seems.

Do we think the stories in LW suffer because people show up expecting a faithful romance between a Husband and Wife? I have posted a couple stories there which I’m happy with, but the comments are a bit of a mess. Not sure how much a rating drag there is due to toxic readers.

The joy of loving wives is the comments. If you want 5 star reviews and loving comments, then it's the place to avoid. Loving Wives will never give high reviews with any consistancy, due to the split between BTBers and RAACer. The Burn the Bitch crowd will penalize you for any hint of reconciliation, and the "romantic" Reconcil at All Costs people will downgrade you for any vengence or even retribution against the offending spouse. Then there are the Category Police who will downgrade you if they feel your story doesn't meet their version of LW. But, where a story in another category may get a few thousand views, in LW you can usually count on tens of thousands views. I'd rather get a 3.85 star rating with 60,000 views than a 4.75 one with only 2000 views. And I love the back and forth of the comments.

Do we think the stories in LW suffer because people show up expecting a faithful romance between a Husband and Wife? I have posted a couple stories there which I’m happy with, but the comments are a bit of a mess. Not sure how much a rating drag there is due to toxic readers.
From what I've seen, most/some are okay with extramarital sex as long as both parties are aware and approve of it, like an open marriage. But if there's any sneaking behind the other's back, you're done. Toast.

As for getting more views, of course I'd like that too, but I also want to find my target audience. I'd rather get 20K views from people who will potentially like what I've done rather than 100K views from people who hate the entire premise and have zero chance of enjoying it.

Back