Loving Wives story - turn comments off?

Richard_Hunter

CallMeRoxie
Okay so I made a grave error.
For a couple years I have been posting Gay Stories based on experiences of me testing my bi-side behind my ex-wives back. My new wife to be (married in December but been together for 13 years) a couple years ago opened our relationship up to 'experiment' together (groups/others) and single (exploring our bi-sides).

My grave error came when I thought of sharing some of these experiences which led to me releasing my latest story Sexploration: Part 1 - I placed it in the most toxic category on this site Loving Wives and its just being rating bombed. Comments just attacking it etc.

I am fine with people not liking my stories, not rating them higher I am just here sharing experiences (apart from when I enter stories into contests).
I was wondering whether my story actually sucked as bad as the ratings say - and whether I should just delete the follow up chapters that are written and were going to be submitted?

I'll give it a read when I get a chance tonight. I still have another story to read that I said I do. Next will be yours

For a couple years I have been posting Gay Stories based on experiences of me testing my bi-side behind my ex-wives back. My new wife to be (married in December but been together for 13 years) a couple years ago opened our relationship up to 'experiment' together (groups/others) and single (exploring our bi-sides).

My grave error came when I thought of sharing some of these experiences which led to me releasing my latest story Sexploration: Part 1 - I placed it in the most toxic category on this site Loving Wives and its just being rating bombed. Comments just attacking it etc.

I am fine with people not liking my stories, not rating them higher I am just here sharing experiences (apart from when I enter stories into contests).
I was wondering whether my story actually sucked as bad as the ratings say - and whether I should just delete the follow up chapters that are written and were going to be submitted?
Next time publish in fetish. Loving wives are full of the type of insecure men who get enraged by men who are secure enough to explore things. Part of their rage bomb votes and nasty comments is deep down they're probably turned on, and that's your fault. In fetish there's actual men there looking for what turns them on and vote accordingly.

Thanks usually I can cop it, put up with or ignore. Think it was my insecurity stepping into a different category and being hit with this.

I do appreciate everyone's response.

Well, you have certainly gotten the 'LW' lesson handed to you the hard way.

Originally I thought the story got trashed because it had MM action, almost the surest way to alienate readers in most categories, but it didn't and the story certainly fit the letter and spirit of the original LW category description.

The story, while it could use a lot of work, is above average and has considerable promise for future expansion, the ratings you are getting in no way reflect writing quality. Please do not delete your planned (and it sounds like already in draft) follow-up stories, there will be an audience for them. (And you should keep writing anyway.)

As others have suggested, I would put any future efforts into a different category, the intolerance of LW readers is truly breathtaking.

You didn't ask for specific feedback on this one, let me know if that would be valuable.

I gave it a 4 or 5 (don't remember which). As was already mentioned, that place is inhabited by insecure little boys who only like morality tales where she gets what she deserves

Don't think of it as an error. Part of - I wouldn't call in fun, but rather interest - of posting there is seeing what they'll come up with. If you know what's coming, you should do okay. Actually, a lot of their comments are pretty repetitive. Having a nasty wit takes some skill, and most of them don't have it.

You didn't make an error...
LW, is a tough category to post in...
everybody thinks it's totally inhabited by misoganistic arseholes (And it is) Howver, that group is the minority. Regardless of whether the story is good or bad. That minority will 1 bomb it, and proudly admit to doing so,
Who cares... In LW there is also a group of readers who will enjoy your story. They probably won't comment, but will vote. If the story has even a hint of a cheating wife. They will deliver their 1...
If your story scores above a 3... Then it has been enjoyed by many more than the 1 bombers....
The one thing you will need to post stories in there is a thick skin....
My advice, for what it is worth (Not much)
Post away, and fuck them... If you don't want to read about sex, you're on the wrong website...

Cagivagurl.

Your choice, but my angle on it is that if you turn off comments these morons high five themselves and think they got to you. Better to just let them chirp away and ignore it. Often another reader will call them out for being trolls which is always fun.

But whatever you're comfortable with. No right or wrong, just what's right for you

Its a difficult section to post in. They are fully aware that the section is about wives who like to fool around, but they still go nuts in there.
But do what you feel is right. Those people will find an excuse to tear down a story no matter how good it is.

... and to think I mistakenly always thought: Loving Wives. The section was for wives adoring sex with their husbands. Whoops. Never read anything in it. Not attempting to troll, the post here. But I will offer to also read it. and rate.

Edit: Read and Rated you the 5, I thought it deserved.

Last edited:
... and to think I mistakenly always thought: Loving Wives. The section was for wives adoring sex with their husbands. Whoops. Never read anything in it. Not attempting to troll, the post here. But I will offer to also read it. and rate.

Edit: Read and Rated you the 5, I thought it deserved.
I think back when the category was created "Loving Wives" might have been meant in a kind of "wink" type way, like they're loving everyone kind of thing.

Where the trolls throw me is, okay if the wife is cheating and the husband is upset I guess I can get them being pissed, but even in stories where the husband knows and likes it, there's still abuse. My conclusion is they think the category should be something like you said just wives/husbands but....where is the kink? May as well just post those stories in romance or erotic couplings.

I gave it a 4 or 5 (don't remember which). As was already mentioned, that place is inhabited by insecure little boys who only like morality tales where she gets what she deserves
And BTB which is rather mild gets trashed.

"WHY ISN'T SHE BEING HORSE WHIPPED? Why didn't he set her on fire?"

And I don't write cuck stories.

I tend to have exhibitionist streaks in some of my female characters. Somehow they go from being exhibitionists to having comments saying my female characters take trains of midgets and farm animals.

Uh. No. She got naked in front of a bunch of people then went home and only fucked her husband and he was good with it.

I may sound strange, but part of the satisfaction is reading the ridiculous (and predictable) things they say. It does take some getting used to, however. Some people deliberately troll there by posting stories they know will be disliked, but I've never done that.

I haven't read your story, but I will tell you the Loving Wives section is full of people who want revenge on women. The stories that do well are not stories about erotic encounters; they are stories about how a woman faces drastic consequences for her actions. If this site let murder be eroticized, I get the feeling the top-performing stories in that category would be about offing a cheating wife. It's an incredibly toxic section to be posting in.

Personally, I wish this site had an option to only let people with accounts review and comment on a story. That is because almost all the review bombing seems to come from "anonymous"

I may sound strange, but part of the satisfaction is reading the ridiculous (and predictable) things they say. It does take some getting used to, however. Some people deliberately troll there by posting stories they know will be disliked, but I've never done that.
I have thought about making a story directly attacking the readers in the Loving Wives section. The half-formed idea I have would be to write from the perspective of a loser that keeps getting cheated on by the lowest quality of woman and relieves his pain by masturbating to cheating wives' stories and then leaves negative reviews. The title I have in mind is "Yes, this is about you."

I'd just like to take a moment to thank absolutely everybody for their feedback and opinions on this. I think because it was my first foray into a different category getting rating bombed was a little bit of a shock to the system.

I know my writing and stories could use a lot of work and have plenty of room for improvement. I'm reading top rated stories across a different range of categories to see where I am lacking, and I look back at some of my earlier stuff on here and shake my head in embarrassment. I guess my thing was questioning whether the story was AS BAD as the ratings and comments suggested.

I truly thank all of you for your feedback!

Wow! I'd heard what a sewer Loving Wives is, but I'd never experienced it first-hand until I published my first story there yesterday (No Kissing).

I don't care about ratings, and the nasty comments are easy to delete, but it's weird there are so many angry guys hanging out there, ready to pounce.

Wow! I'd heard what a sewer Loving Wives is, but I'd never experienced it first-hand until I published my first story there yesterday (No Kissing).

I don't care about ratings, and the nasty comments are easy to delete, but it's weird there are so many angry guys hanging out there, ready to pounce.
Almost like going back to junior high.

Almost like going back to junior high.
Geez - it was hard to choose which reaction to use for this I wanted to like it, haha react and love it all at once - so seem I can't do all three you got a reply!

I agree with this 100% - I submitted the follow up (The Couple - for those interested) and chose to stay in the LW section primarily as I do believe it is where it fits:
The description for Loving Wives is: Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more.

That's what we (my wife & I) are doing. We are Happily Married and exploring ourselves sexually TOGETHER. I am re-telling our tales (and eventually going to drift off into fantasies we share).

The point being (sorry rambles), the haters with comments/ratings were there waiting. Being ridiculed for admin/editors re-submitting/publishing story 1 under the new title, the abuse about my 'cum dumpster' wife, how our 13 year marriage (and still going stronger) is doomed to fail etc

Ratings used to matter to me, not for the ego boost, but I liked the idea that my experiences and my writing was 'turning others on' but have come to accept the when it comes to LW haters just going to hate :)

I wrote a story that could have gone in either "First Time" or LW category, and made the huge mistake of putting it in the latter. I wasn't sure of LW covered cheating wives so I had checked to see popular tags for the category, and sure enough there were plenty of tags that fit the bill, so I posted there. All I can say is, I really should have posted in "First Time" instead, because I'm almost certain I got review bombed. It's a good story imo, at least a "4," but the first day it was languishing in the 2's and hasn't recovered since. And the negative comments were not about the writing itself, but people getting angry over the wife's infidelity. I've looked at more LV stories since then and seen the same pattern. The only ones I've seen do well are about married couples having fun within the confines of their marriage. Anything beyond that and expect to get review bombed.

Read your story, very well done! You did include a "cheating" tag, but even if you'd included "cucked" or "no BTB" it probably wouldn't have helped. Even when we've included such trigger warning tags in the story intro so they can't be missed, we still get the haters who don't think such stories should be in "their" LW category.
Sam and I are pretty sure the people bugging our local school board to ban certain books are strict BTB fans.
Keep up the good writing. :)

Read your story, very well done! You did include a "cheating" tag, but even if you'd included "cucked" or "no BTB" it probably wouldn't have helped. Even when we've included such trigger warning tags in the story intro so they can't be missed, we still get the haters who don't think such stories should be in "their" LW category.
Sam and I are pretty sure the people bugging our local school board to ban certain books are strict BTB fans.
Keep up the good writing. :)
The only stories that do well in the LW category are the ones where the cheating wife is punished in some sort of way. The audience is sad sorry guys wanting to live out some revenge fantasy. Exciting stories or erotic sex have no place for that audience.

Back