Loving Wives story - turn comments off?

I’m sorry the comments in LW from the loony brigade are easily the most entertaining thing on lit …Now I am not afraid of trashing a bad story or kicking a author who is repeatedly writing almost identical narratives but the btb loonies are the best …. love the insanity… embrace it !

LOL There are two things you need to know in life.....
1. Never go full Retard
2. Never post a story in the Loving Wives Category

The thing is, if Lit would make another category similar to "Loving Wives" to put the Cheating Wives Stories in, thus separating them from the Willing Cuck-type stories, things would probably mellow out some in the LW category. Having Loving Wives and Cheating Wives separate categories would probably make many of the readers very happy as well.

I love a good BTB story but I also love a good reconciliation story if it is warranted. I also love the stories where a wife doesn't end up cheating and it is just miscommunication, misconstrued or out-of-context belief the wife is cheating, etc.

It is a bit annoying if I am reading what I think will be a good "Cheating Wife" story and I am several pages into it and I find out the dude is a willing cuck or he turns out to be a total doormat. That can be very frustrating for readers.

I also have no problems thrashing a poorly written, boring, or overused story. A prime example of that was the countless "February Sucks" stories which the original was written by George Anderson. Some were good, but many were just tired retreads of several others that got written. At one point, I was ready to tear out the month of February from my calendar LOL.

Yes I honestly thought that some of the February sucks retreads were absolutely terrible…. One in particular I think was so bad it was good. The author literally took zero notice of the existence of the original and simply took it off into insane oblivion. But the whole thing was very entertaining…. I do love it when the loonies come out to play ;)

The only stories that do well in the LW category are the ones where the cheating wife is punished in some sort of way. The audience is sad sorry guys wanting to live out some revenge fantasy. Exciting stories or erotic sex have no place for that audience.
That’s not true. I know it’s the received wisdom here in AH, but it’s not accurate.

That’s not true. I know it’s the received wisdom here in AH, but it’s not accurate.
We're a small percentage here, a minimal sample size for sure.

But...a lot of us do believe this based on what we've seen, but more telling is-especially it seems over the last year or so-how many threads have popped up from non AH members who are authors and readers complaining about violent stories and the fans of them and why is the content allowed etc...

So whether or not its completely accurate, its not like this is a couple of random contrarian opinions, there is enough people throwing smoke to figure there's a fire.

Now are they the biggest faction? That can be debated, and they do have a counter faction who is not a fan of the stories of the crowd, but as is usually the case these days, the worst of any group for some reason is always the most vocal.

I think the BTB group is big enough to be a detriment to people considering writing there either because they don't want abuse for not writing that type of story or they don't want to be associated with the poor reputation the category has garnered as its devolved over time because BTB stories are definitely on the rise here and as shown in the thread about work being stolen there are countless YT channels stealing only those stories to get the large crowd of woman hating man babies.

I've given up explaining this, but the rise in this both here and other places is far more concerning than "Oh, I got rude comments" its the movement of a hate group.

But the attitude here is "they're just stories" true, but all the psychos spewing are real people, violent nasty angry hateful people, and this sites defense and encouragement of it speaks volumes about them. Says a lot for people who keep acting like its fine too.

I think I'm going to add "Hate is not a kink" to my signature.

Meanwhile in closing, allow me to repeat my mantra on that type of story and its fans. Written by trash for trash.

We're a small percentage here, a minimal sample size for sure.

But...a lot of us do believe this based on what we've seen, but more telling is-especially it seems over the last year or so-how many threads have popped up from non AH members who are authors and readers complaining about violent stories and the fans of them and why is the content allowed etc...

So whether or not its completely accurate, its not like this is a couple of random contrarian opinions, there is enough people throwing smoke to figure there's a fire.

Now are they the biggest faction? That can be debated, and they do have a counter faction who is not a fan of the stories of the crowd, but as is usually the case these days, the worst of any group for some reason is always the most vocal.

I think the BTB group is big enough to be a detriment to people considering writing there either because they don't want abuse for not writing that type of story or they don't want to be associated with the poor reputation the category has garnered as its devolved over time because BTB stories are definitely on the rise here and as shown in the thread about work being stolen there are countless YT channels stealing only those stories to get the large crowd of woman hating man babies.

I've given up explaining this, but the rise in this both here and other places is far more concerning than "Oh, I got rude comments" its the movement of a hate group.

But the attitude here is "they're just stories" true, but all the psychos spewing are real people, violent nasty angry hateful people, and this sites defense and encouragement of it speaks volumes about them. Says a lot for people who keep acting like its fine too.

I think I'm going to add "Hate is not a kink" to my signature.

Meanwhile in closing, allow me to repeat my mantra on that type of story and its fans. Written by trash for trash.
I mean, you and I have gone round and round on this for most of the last year. You're not entirely wrong: there are people that write and submit violent, retributive stories to this site, largely in the LW section, and there are people--mostly anons--who have an unending thirst for those. And I understand people who don't want to cater to that. FWIW, if I see a story with violence directed towards a woman, I report it. Most of the readers there do, too; the comments on those stories tend to be 90% "WTAF is this, this is snuff! before they reported enough to be pulled. I don't know why those stories make it through the mod process in the first place, but that side of the store is such a black box I don't think any of us really do.

But I think it's important to separate out the bloodthirsty trogs from the folks wanting to read dramatic stories about failing/failed relationships and divorces. They ARE different things, but you and several others seem to want to lump them into one category and say, "fuck all these guys." The simple fact is that there is a market for those stories, written from a guy's POV, because they just... aren't really out there anywhere else.

A small group of us LW writers have a sort of informal email chain going, folks who have a similar attitude as me, i.e., the stories that aren't erotic in there should be interesting, drama-filled, and about the characters' journeys rather than a set of trope-filled romps, either of the BTB variety or otherwise. And in kicking it around, there really just is no place like Literotica, and in particular LW, for those kinds of stories.

Heck, you can't even find them in any kind of volume on Amazon or SW; I don't know why, although I can make some guesses, and the first is that as soon as someone got successful with a story like that commercially, they;d get doxxed to hell and gone. I don't buy "cancel culture" as a general thing; most of the time it's actually "consequence culture," but the fact that we're having this discussion tells me I could fairly make an exception here. If I ever get doxxed, I guarantee you I will get tarred as a misogynist, even though the vast majority of my stories are very sympathetic to the wives in them.

Here's how I put it last weekend (slightly edited to remove personally identifying info):

Literotica is, as far as I know, the only place that has LW stories of the kind we're discussing, the ones where it's about "I'm a guy, and I caught her cheating, and here's what happened next." There are a bunch of places where you can get stories that are women-centered, there are plenty of places where you can get the "classic" LW, "the neighbor's wife is hot, so let's swap" or the fetish-y Cucky McGee type stories, but for what we write, at least mostly? It's really just LitE, at least in any volume.

Or maybe there are other places, and I've just never found them. If there are, and one of you knows of them, please let me know! I will agree with -----, though: LW is the only category of its kind on LitE, and there's a LOT of grousing by both readers in other categories and authors on the forums about both the content there and the readership. Which I get, to an extent; LW's changed a whole lot since the site first came online. But, like I said, there's plenty of places to get hotwife stuff if they want (including LW), and no place to get "our" LW stories other than LW. Unfortunately, it kinda fucks their ratings when they come in and write the stories they expect to do well here.

(One of my last projects before the Nov. 19 deadline is "Loving Loving Wives," an essay about... like, the whole fucking category, how it got the way it is, why it's THE place for our type of stories, etc. I'm going to be including a quote or two from ------, and I may bug y'all for some, too)

The flipside is that, because it IS the only place that's like this, it's also got a really small pool of writers that are worth reading, and some of them are... let's say they lack a certain amount of range. There are authors I like, but I know exactly how their stories are going to end based on how the story starts. I know I'm going to almost always get a revenge story from some writers, a reconciliation from others, etc. I also know that the vast majority are never going to tell stories that aren't "about" anything other than what happens in the story. But, like I said: only place to find stories on this theme from a mostly male POV on any kind of scale.

You mentioned how there are those channels on Youtube snagging these stories and playing them, and while that is true, and some of it IS incel-based, there's an even simpler reason for it: the LW stories are a 25 year goldmine of stories that, if lightly edited (and not even that much, a lot of the time) can safely be put up on Youtube without a chance of getting copyright strikes on their channels.

Stealing from Ao3 will see the House of Mouse and others come for you. Grabbing from commercial books or short stories from Amazon, Smashwords, or whatever will see the same. You can get stories form Reddit, but most of them are short, and there's just not as many of them. And, of course, trimming down the erotica from Lit means you basically have no story; maybe with some of the romances, but if people want romance audios, they can listen to Audible. As mentioned before, the stories on LW, whether BB, RAAC, adventure stories, family dramas, etc. just... aren't anywhere else in any volume.

As a bonus, a lot of the guys they're stealing from are either dead and gone or might as well be for copyright purposes. I spent a few hours going through one of the channels, figuring out which author they stole the story from, messaging them identifying myself and telling them how they can get the channel delisted and... nothing. Of about 100 messages, I got a response from 1, and he basically said it wasn't worth his time to chase it. LW is a place where they can find readymade dramas with minimal sex (or sex which can easily be excised), they won't catch copyright strikes, and targeting a niche that no one else is, i.e., men who want to listen to stories of relationship drama from a male POV where the guy ends up coming out of it okay.

Are incels as a movement dangerous? Yes, absolutely. Are they going to be interested in these types of stories? Yeah, probably. But that doesn't mean that the stories should be banned, anymore than we should ban horror because serial killers might like it, crime dramas because criminals enjoy them, action movies because they might inspire mass shooters, etc. As incensed as you were at the idea of censorship in another thread, I'm surprised to see you say that you support it in this case. I get that it's a topic that's near and dear to you, but still.

They are weird in Loving Wives. Here is a selection of my comments. Don't take it personally!
######
by Anonymous user on 12/16/2022
Hit both fictitious cunts in the face, tell them to get their own fucking divorce and go home and get your imaginary manhood back!
by You on 12/18/2022
This is a disturbing story. It keeps on surprising me when a small detail takes on a life of its own and becomes a twist in the plot. I can see its only going to become more disturbing. Or I might just stop and they can all live happily ever after.

One thing that won't happen is hitting C and Jenny in the face. If that's the sort of thing that turns you on then you're more fucked up than I am
#####

Don't come to LW from other categories, it rarely goes well.
####
by Anonymous user on 11/23/2022
Wrong category, but considering how pathetic the story is, it's no surprise that the "author" is too fucking stupid to find the right category for this crap.
#####
More stupid is always possible, your story proves it to us! A normal married couple, but the husband likes to wear women's clothes? And she, confess to him that she has fallen in love with a woman and becomes intimate with her! Your normality has to be a very special one, if that's normal for you! For me, you're just telling a cheap cuckold story with a slut and an idiot as a married couple. Do you know why they are married? Because a normal man wouldn't marry a slut!

I’m sorry the comments in LW from the loony brigade are easily the most entertaining thing on lit …Now I am not afraid of trashing a bad story or kicking a author who is repeatedly writing almost identical narratives but the btb loonies are the best …. love the insanity… embrace it !
Agree. The funniest is when I delete someone’s comment and they keep coming back and reposting the same comment - Are they re-reading my story or do they just want to see more comments?

Okay so I made a grave error.
For a couple years I have been posting Gay Stories based on experiences of me testing my bi-side behind my ex-wives back. My new wife to be (married in December but been together for 13 years) a couple years ago opened our relationship up to 'experiment' together (groups/others) and single (exploring our bi-sides).

My grave error came when I thought of sharing some of these experiences which led to me releasing my latest story Sexploration: Part 1 - I placed it in the most toxic category on this site Loving Wives and its just being rating bombed. Comments just attacking it etc.

I am fine with people not liking my stories, not rating them higher I am just here sharing experiences (apart from when I enter stories into contests).
I was wondering whether my story actually sucked as bad as the ratings say - and whether I should just delete the follow up chapters that are written and were going to be submitted?

I’ll be doing something similar with two characters in my ficverse (the couple Boris and Elena from my LW story) if I ever get to developing them in depth. Haven’t read your work, but it sounds like it’s been positive for you. Good luck.

I love a good BTB story but I also love a good reconciliation story if it is warranted. I also love the stories where a wife doesn't end up cheating and it is just miscommunication, misconstrued or out-of-context belief the wife is cheating, etc.

It is a bit annoying if I am reading what I think will be a good "Cheating Wife" story and I am several pages into it and I find out the dude is a willing cuck or he turns out to be a total doormat. That can be very frustrating for readers.
This is exactly why I post in LW. The thing that most authors who do NOT understand is that many readers expect justice to be done. That may be BTB, but just as likely reconciliation if it is warranted. I write my stories with that in mind.
I had several comments in my story "Plans Change" when my MC remained friends with his ex who cheated with another woman, and yet went off on his present wife who wanted to cuckold him with her boss. Most people enjoyed the story, I guess as it has a 4.3 rating.

published my third story in LW. It got review bombed, and currently has the most comments on it than any of my other stories (and most of those comments are of course negative).
I can tell you why it bombed. First it was 82K words long. Few will take on the daunting task of actually reading a missive that long from an unfamiliar author. They will skim it.
From your title and the description, I would have expected a shorter story of the MC's angst over how to get his wife pregnant. I did not read it but skipped to the comments. If you went long into how he sat and watched his wife continually screw his friend in the attempt and got all aroused in the process, then that would be not be well received either. It is 'off topic' or rather a departure from the title and the original appearance.

I have thought about making a story directly attacking the readers in the Loving Wives section. The half-formed idea I have would be to write from the perspective of a loser that keeps getting cheated on by the lowest quality of woman and relieves his pain by masturbating to cheating wives' stories and then leaves negative reviews. The title I have in mind is "Yes, this is about you."
Might work. Make it fairly tongue in cheek without going overboard. Especially if you make the guy a loser without him saying it directly. There was a story not long ago where the guy repeatedly could not figure out why he made bad choices and his every female relationship took advantage.
I enjoy humor and try to inject a little into my stories especially those on LW.

I can tell you why it bombed. First it was 82K words long. Few will take on the daunting task of actually reading a missive that long from an unfamiliar author. They will skim it.
That's fair enough. I reckon most people have more important things to do in their life than read a 82K erotic novella from some rando on the Internet.

Which is why I'm very grateful for those who did.
It is 'off topic' or rather a departure from the title and the original appearance.
Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you here.

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you here.
I had to go back. What I meant was it came off more of a cuck story than man having angst about his wife getting help. There have been a few stories where the mother and wife of a sterile man got together to sneak in a ringer like a cousin or brother in law to do the deed.
Lots of angst, gnashing of teeth and the like over him not being party. Kind of a everybody else but him was in on the cheating. From what I gathered this was where you you were going.
When I get time I will try to sit and read it.
I like long stories, but in bite size (10 to 12k) increments.

Okay, I read over it. For 23 pages it told the story of a complete slut planning to get pregnant by her "beloved' husband's best friend who has admittedly 'fucked 17 girlfriends away' the husband and now gets the wife pregnant. It is a simple verbose fuckfest. Yes, very descriptive but almost no plot beyond their escapades.
Even at the end the husband was the only one clueless. The wife's own brother could tell who the real father was and he was as big a sexhound/slut as the rest.

Last edited:
Agree. The funniest is when I delete someone’s comment and they keep coming back and reposting the same comment - Are they re-reading my story or do they just want to see more comments?
Some readers follow the comments as much as they do the story. you will have them agree with eachother or call each other a dumbshit. Why delete a comment? I've been tempted many times but for the most part I leave them all up. I recently had a series of comments on my stories after a discussion on the forum. They questioned my ethics in my stories. Those were zapped.

How do you delete someone's comment? I've considered doing that in the past but I don't know how. All I see is an option to report a comment.

How do you delete someone's comment? I've considered doing that in the past but I don't know how. All I see is an option to report a comment.
Go to your management page (the same section of the site where you submit stories). Click one”My Works,” then the chat bubble next to the particular story. Each of the comments in there has a trash can next to it.

I think LW is a tough category because people actually read the stories. I post mainly in LW, partly because it fits the tales that come to me, but also because of the readership. Normally the total views on my stories there within a couple of days reach over 10k, while in other categories stories that I think are better haven’t gone over 3k almost a year later. I put 1920’s in Romance, and it died there.

And you’ve got to enjoy the whole BTB vs RAAC battles. They guarantee that you’ll never score higher than 4.5 because one side or the other will always tear you down. And, of course, any MC who acts with maturity is always rated a wimp.

Same issue here with a story I published today, The Sauna Duel (MFM). Lots of readers, but also lots of comment bombers. All anonymous, of course. I'll check out the stories you mention. Would appreciate it if you'd check mine out.

It's definitely the strangest category I've encountered on the site so far in terms of the stories, commenters, and ratings. It's the only one where I've had to intentionally ignore ratings when looking for new stories.

I've been looking for stories where a relationship is threatened and one or both partners fight for their marriage because they love each other. Whether they succeed in saving their marriage or not I'm interested in seeing where the story goes; although I'm usually rooting for them to get back together :). Oftentimes though, one person is so clearly written as being "the good guy" and the other is an irredeemable monster and it kind of disturbs me.

I recently read a story where a wife was drugged, raped, and then blackmailed into further infidelity. Unfortunately, she tries to handle the situation herself and falls further into a pit while her marriage is strained. The thing in the story that shocked me is how quickly the husband discarded his wife and instead focused on plotting revenge against her and her abusers.

Edit:
On topic: There are several stories that I've enjoyed with low ratings where the common complaint seems to be that the husband didn't get revenge.

I'll say it yet again - "Posting to Loving Wives is like fighting a duel with grenades in a closet. No matter what you try, you're sure to get hurt."

I recently read a story where a wife was drugged, raped, and then blackmailed into further infidelity. Unfortunately, she tries to handle the situation herself and falls further into a pit while her marriage is strained. The thing in the story that shocked me is how quickly the husband discarded his wife and instead focused on plotting revenge against her and her abusers.
What story is that? Normally, if the woman is blackmailed and is trying to get out of it, that is to her advantage. Now if she embraces the cheating, gets a kick out of it and thinks it isn't so bad after all, then all bets are off.

As far as one party fighting to save the marriage, those 'justifiable reconciliation' stories are also generally well received.

What story is that? Normally, if the woman is blackmailed and is trying to get out of it, that is to her advantage. Now if she embraces the cheating, gets a kick out of it and thinks it isn't so bad after all, then all bets are off.

As far as one party fighting to save the marriage, those 'justifiable reconciliation' stories are also generally well received.

I've been reading through the category prodigally for the past few weeks and it seems to be a common plot point. I may have confused the details of a few stories, but a couple where this sort of thing happens are:

Natural Selection by BumblingFool
Nuclear Response by radk

I agree that reconciliation stories are also well received. I just noticed that there are a lot of commenters that seem to prefer retribution, violent or not.

Back