Heart over Orders (Closed)

Asa

Writer...Dream...Fantasy
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Posts
36,474
Kayli Fallstone
5'8"
Long blonde hair
Steel grey eyes
Athletic yet very seductive build

Kayli walked along the massive darkened hallway with pride and arrogance. With her powers and her Grandfather/Father Their Home planet was safe from the Empire and Her uncle. Her own planet of birth had to be destroyed when a strange virus took hold on the inhabitants. She had been Gunnery Commander on the Battle Cruiser that had destroyed the planet. She had no home and no idea of any family that existed till she got word in a strange dream that the known EVIL Admiral that had been banished to the between realm with his entire planet of people.

She had conned her ship to take her to the planet and once on teh surface she had found the "Ghost like" images of her true family. Her Grandfather told her through mental messages what had to be done to bring them all back to the true realm. Using her mental powers which far exceeded what she had ever known to use she called down her ship through mind control and sacrificed them all to the Dark Phoenix that protected her family.

She found out just how heartless she could be that day. Ripping the still beating heart out of her Ships captain... a man that she had viewed like a father for since the death of her parents. As she stood there watching the people around her solidify and return to the true realm she learned also that the Empire was ruled by her Uncle Her eldest Aunts husband before she died.

He was NOT amused with her learning she was of the Fallstones blood much less that she would actually go and bring them back. Over the years he sent wave upon waves of soldiers and assassins to try to kill her. None survived that he eve knew about.

With in her family the Words Daughter and sister and brother meant little and was more title than actual family order. It was a cut throat life and she was the perfect person to survive it... killing her way to the title of First daughter and wielded the place with amazing talent and prowess. None would go against her in planning and plots against the Empire.

Pausing she saw her "father" talking with several of the newer more promising soldiers. Those she had been trying to test their minds preparing for any sort of trap from her uncle. It was beyond infuriating the lengths he would go to to use her to end the Fallstone line not thinking that her "father" would find a way to have another heir were anything to happen to her.

Kayli

Her Father called her over with a smile.

You will have an addition to your personal guard I do believe you remember this young man...
 
A long awaited meeting

Aylward Zola
6"3"
Platinum blond hair
Crystaline blue eyes
Muscular build but not bulky

Having meet up with the other trainees earlier in the day only to be lectured by the Lord of the house. Making sure all the soldiers knew their place and what would be expected of them and of course. The traaditional punishments for the large crimes. Death for treason, death for betraying the family, lots of things you could do and they always seem to end up with death.

Death didn't scare this soldier. Years of mental torture and mental punishment left him with a firm grasp that death was a nice way for things to end. All of that punishment had been for one thing to strengthen his mind and condition it to resist Kayli's mental powers. Several men were put through these same trails and tortures but only one survived them and was still sane.

The dress uniform that was being worn was spotless and the silver buttons shined, the gold tassel on the shoulders sparkled, and the uniform was obviously well cared. A blemish here or there could be noticed on the other soldiers outfits either from neglect or simply missing it. Though actually they where all sabutaged a bit a little ruffing of someones buffing cloth, or ripping at the threads of the outer uniform while people were asleep. Small things that could be explained away but would help me to impress and stand out on days like today.

Llistening to the "father" call over Kayli. A slight change in my demeanor as a hint of a smile is formed. Though a larger mental grin was in my mind. So close but so far as this is not the time. Standing there silently as her father comands the conversation and I must know my place for the time being.

*A gentle nod towards you as your Father points me out.*
 
Kayli smirked looking them all over. The wardrobe around the family homeland tended to be quite optional as Kayli tended to be clad in shimmering near see through billowing from under limited golden armor. Tossing her hair back over her shoulder as she glanced to her father.

Yes... the smiling farm boy have you chosen him to add to my personal guard... interesting choice when at least two of the others are soldiers among their people. Well then... welcome... do try to keep up and if you are given an order do not hesitate at all to follow it. Hope you are not squeamish about killing if you have to.

She smiled suspecting her father would pick him she had put him through more than the others. There was something about his mind that puzzled her which she always liked. Far too many minds were open to her and so easy to crack. She gestured to her assistant turning to the young woman.

Inform your mate that there is another guard being added to his unit.
 
Some would be shocked at the wardrobe of the planet or maybe the lack of one. Though this is one of the things he was prepped for. Near nudity or even full nudity is something he has become accustomed too. Though a subtle movement of his eyes take her in and admires her as a woman not just as the person he is supposed to protect as her guard.

Thank you, Lady Kayli. The honor of serving in your guard is well known and orders will be followed quickly.

A small glance back towards her father to confirm he did not step out of line when he spoke. The rules of military sometimes being harder than they need to be, and in a place that likes to kill as a punishment that can make some soldiers too meek in taking a chance once in a while.

Watching as Kayli speaks to her assistance hearing how the assistant is also the Captain of the Guards mate. Knowing I will have to watch out for her possibly in the future.
 
Lord Fallstone nods to him clearly sensing his daughter is not sure of his choice. He watched as her aid walked away and then dismissing the other guard he nodded to the two of them and walked away as well.

So Aylward father is no longer here cut the crap... why would a farm boy want to sign on with us much less endure father and Mage Greylon and my testing to become one of my guards?

Her arms crossed as she stood there staring deep in his eyes. Her mind seeking any truth that he tried to hide. She gave no sign her mind was slithering through his as she was expressionless listening to whatever answer he gave.
 
Smiling at the blunt question and one that I was prepared for as well.

Its actually pretty simple when you think about it. Farm life is rather boring. This isn't boring and also the fact I get to travel and see more of the world and the universe than if I stayed back home. Feeding the pigs and weeding the crops. Plus the pay is better too.

His tone of voice was all nonchalant and casual. Not a hint of stress or strain let alone a lie. As none was told that's the best thing about this he truly did volunteer for those reasons.

Is there anything else you would like to know about this young upstart farmer?

His body was relaxed and no longer in that stuffy military pose as he spoke. As it was obvious from the way you are talking that you’re a much more casual person and maybe even hate the rigid military muster. A question obviously on the tip of his tongue but seems to be holding it back.
 
Alright fair enough. So what questions do you have about your new placement within this empire?

She almost chuckled at his answer. She could imagine how boring it might be even with her liking animals at times more than people since there were simpler thoughts there and the only beings of pure honesty. There were several other races that were more apt for honesty and then there were the little pigmy winged creatures the mage held alliance with who were purely telepathic and thousands in number. Their screaming telepathic talking at times would even pain her but they quickly realized if they were talking directly to her unlike them she only had the voice of the one speaking to her in her mind and they had no reason to yell. She was certain father had introduced him to many of the far more intimidating races and no doubt he had questions for her.
 
Well first of all. We dont have to wear this ridiculas uniform normally do we?

Second. Do you think I would heisitate in delivering an order such as kill them?

Thats kind of insulting.... Cause at that point its him/her or me. If I hesitate they kill me if not I kill them. Killing a person is not so much different than slautering the herd back home. They are flesh and blood.

Lastly just wanted to say that I think if you didnt want me in your squad for one reason or another I wouldnt be there.

Well first of all. We don't have to wear this ridicules uniform normally do we?

Second. Do you think I would hesitate in delivering an order such as kill them?

That is kind of insulting.... Cause at that point its him/her or me. If I hesitate they kill me if not I kill them. Killing a person is not so much different than slaughtering the herd back home. They are flesh and blood.

Lastly just wanted to say that I think if you didn't want me in your squad for one reason or another I wouldn't be there.


As he continues to talk and speak his mind at the moment he looks mostly into your eyes. Though they do wonder a little though never for long as this is his first time seeing you in person. A knot in his stomach as a flash of some of the harsher treatments he endured to get here while standing in front of you. His mind already going slowly dark with the desire and intent to kill.
 
Insulting... Insulting... you are from deep within yhe empire that is trying to wipe out my family. Your willingness to sign on with us is suspect at best. All of the races within the empire are told to fear us and our ability to wipe out a planet of all sentient life with a demonic thought. Yet here you are...

She suspected everyone it was simply a part of life as a Fallstone. She raised a brow watching him even though he was very attractive he was still an unknown and there were far too many puzzles about his presence.

As for the uniform that will be primarily for off planet or special events. As for you being a part of my guard... that was fathers decision... not mine.
 
You have no say in who becomes one of your special guards? Surely if you did not like or want a particular soldier you would tell your father or refusing his entry into your guard?

His eyes revealed a confused expression as he talks. Having come to the understanding before your arrival that you do have more authority that what you’re saying but maybe it was just rumor and your more like a caged bird than people think.

Yes my family is from the middle of the Empire. Though honestly the common folk could care less about which family is in charge or not. You all demand taxes, and take men for soldiers when the volunteers are not enough. The people as a whole don’t care about this fight it’s the people in power struggling to keep their power or to take someone else’s power for their own.

Myself I have decided to join in the fight as I already said to get to see more of the world that I normally would have. I choose this side of the fight so here I am a farmer’s son. I am willing to give my life in my service. What more can be asked of me?

Unless there is something else the Princess needs I have other tasks to see to before I report for Duty and meet the Captain of the Guards.
 
Dismissed... fine... just remember that the Drangor race... thats what your new captain is do NOT like to be kept waiting.

She turned infuriated by all of this. There were time that her father got a little protective he was determined as was the captain of her personal guard that there would be a set number of guards and since she had not chosen one on her own from the most eligible warriors the two of them chose one for her. She suspected that the captain of the guard did it on purpose knowing that when she was angered she was more alert and on her toes for traps and constantly plotting.
 
He bowed to the princess and then turned to leave. Having to ge his official orders and then go meet with the Captain as quickly as possible the short talk with the princess having eaten up some of his travel time to do this. He quickly goes to his Instructor to collect the documentation.

The paperwork already in order and ready for him to pick up thankfully as he starts to make a mad dash across the compound over to his new Captain's office. Slightly out of breath as he arrives taking only a moment to slow his breathing and knocking upon the door waiting to be told to enter. His dress uniform not looking so spotless now but that can't be helped after the near mad dash across the compound.
 
The Drangor looked at him when he walked in and snorted nodding.

Empire Humanoid... Strange... Not many humanoids in Lady Fallstone's guard that are... not native born.

To someone of long ago this being would look like a cross between a gorilla and a Raptor type creature with about the same disposition and short fuse. Its wife however was fairly human looking save for the silver feathers and fine covering of ebony scales along her arms and legs.

Job is simple... do not cross Lady Fallstone... or me... you are here on planet unless she chooses to leave planet and with last attack of her uncle all of her guard go with her as well as one of Mage adviser's students/ associates.

He looked over to his wife as she studied the young humanoid for a moment and nodded.

Questions?
 
This was a first time seeing someone of his race up close. He looked like something primitive but just watching him for a moment and also listening to the way he talks erases any thought that his man was anything but a simple brute.

He remembers the mate from earlier with the Princess in the hallway. He takes a moment to take her in as well seeing the definite differences between her race and that of humans.

Whom is the mage advisor?

Wishing to confirm a suspicion more than needing it pointed out. Believing that this man’s wife was also serving as under the lady as her mage.

Am I to meet with the other guards now and when am I on the roster?

He thinks it only logical that the guards all served on shifts even if the whole group went with her someplace. Probably no more than half are active at any one point in time.

Beyond that where is my bunk?
 
Mage Adviser remains with Lord Fallstone. He is the one of the Dark robes... The one who is the go between from this realm to the Dark Phoenix. He is another that should not be angered... Lady Fallstone seems to be the only willing to anger him and possibly one of the only who can stand toe to toe with him with any real chance of survival. There are few things he will willingly cross her on as well... it is as though they have an understanding after he tested her powers once.

Quarters have not been shown to you?

A snarl cracks from his lips as he slams the boulder of a hand onto a button on the desk and a holographic image of a very startle and slightly scared blood red snake like creature.

Y...yes Sir...

Quarters for the new guard for Lady Fallstone... WHY does he not have them?

Umm... Here are the available quarters have him choose one... They should have been sent to you for him.

The large soldier snarled again and nodded ending the transmission.

Hall three have several available dwellings... they are not like expected bunks... many races require more room. the ones he sent are humanoid friendly. You will meet many of the other eight wandering the main land mass... some are... unique of gifts and affinities with elements energies and weapons... some may be willing to teach others are a little less trusting of humanoids.
 
He wonders how often the Captain has to have a technician come in to fix his equipment. Then again they could just make the stuff out of harder more durable materials to compensate for the violent outbursts of this Captain. A nod to the Captain as the hall number is given and to just find a spot to fill.

Aye Sir, Is there anything else you need of me or shall I settle in and then get to business?

As right now all he truly wants to do is to get out of this stuff ass formal attire. Everyone else has had the pleasure of being able to be dressed down today like usual but due to the appointment he had to wear this dress uniform.

Some knowledge of the guards also in her unit has been taught to him though not terribly much as they didn’t want his knowledge to possibly give him away so it will be one of his task to get to know them and the abilities so to make sure they don’t get in the way of what he needs to do.

His mind slips back to the Princess and how she looked just a moment ago. It’s hard to think of such a lovely woman as someone who has done such evil and needs to be killed so desperately.
 
No we are not expecting travel for a few more days... get used to the training facilities and and the races around you and the mainland for now. If anything changes Lady Fallstone will let us know. Dismissed

With that it stood and turned to his mate.

Now for meal time.. I told you this would not take me long... I have no interest in slaughtering new assignments the first day... yet.
 
With that he turned and walked from the office. He heads down the hall to find Hall 3. All kind of curious to find out whom he is now rooming with. He looks at the room designations as he passes them. Walking into the first one he remembers seeing as a listed possible for his bunk.

He walks into the room and looks around as he speaks.

Anyone home?

He notices that the rooms are much more spacious that he is accustomed to. Making each person’s area had it been walled off what he had expected to find. He is standing in the middle of the room as he puts his duffle of stuff down.
 
The room appeared vacant other than the items he just carried in. Most guard dwellings here were single being dwellings and very spacious and supplied. Other guards wandered past glancing at the one calling out to see if anyone was in his room and shook their heads. One tried to speak in a way that he might understand him

All... room... single...dwell
 
He chuckles as the individual speaks slow and with small words towards him. Not wishing to take offense just because he wasn't aware of something. These are the people he will have to work with and get to know for a while after all.

Thanks I think I figured that out. My name is Aylward how about yourself?

He walks over to the bed to begin to unpack. Taking out his belongings and putting them away. Lastly he starts to take off the formal dress uniform and change into something more casual.
 
Human... words... difficult... I am... Sthrak... He is... Vasso.

They paused studying him for a moment clearly not too trusting of outsider humanoids. The one called Vasso moving more like an agitated horse stomping slightly where he stood

Settle... then... gym... or food... welcome

Sthrak continued before turning to walk with his friend away from the area.
 
He nodded to the other guards and finished upacking her gear. His few personal effects placed around the room. His pack was begining to empty bit by bit. The earlier running around had actually started working up and appetite. His mind wonders to what might be in the mess hall while the last few items are placed about.

Well thats finished. Atleast for now.

He headed out of his room and down the halls toward the mess hall. Even if he didn't already know where it was he could and very much would follow his nose to fine it. He looks around seeing several people not all of them guards assigned to the princess, some officers, but mostly enlisted soldiers much like himself and freshout of training.

He nods to a few as he passes by remembering them from before. Though not stopping for idle chat. He heads over to the food and begins to select things that look good and things he knows he likes. Prefering spicy food over sweets or savory.


(OOC: Italicized is his thoughts, Bold him speaking)
 
Several days pass and a call for help from one of the outer edge planets some allies now dealing with raiders and the empire battling each other trapping them in the middle. Kayli simply tells the Captain that all guard who are capable of manning the cruiser are expected to be ready to go within the hour.
 
Orders had been sent out that all guards had only 30 minutes to report to duty upon the cruiser that where battle ready. The tone of voice and the fact that its been quiet for a little while clearly meant every guard had better show up or already be dead.

A hurried run to my room to grab a few items I prefer to have on ship duty but hate lugging around while on stand by all the time. A simple metal helm, Large rounded shield shin guards and a breast plate with a leather kilt to cover my thighs. (Think of the Spartan look minus the crimson cape.)

The breast plate strapped on, the shin guards slide on and strapped down. The helm donned quickly. A short sword and a small blaster strapped to my hip while the shield which is lighter than it looks is held.

A mad rush of personnel towards the ship both crew and guards. A quick look around as I spot a couple of the other guards. I head in there direction looking for an officer to give station duties. The orders are shouted out and even a moment of pause got you a cussing from the officers and extra duties onboard the ship.
 
Kayli stood ready on the bridge in what she called armor long nails tapping against the arm of the chair a couple of the guards watched her nails and the tapping to be exact as if they understood as if she was saying something or sending something. She looked to see where everyone was sent carefully knowing where her more trusted soldiers were and the new one.
 
Back
Top