Responding

destodes777

Overlord
Joined
Sep 4, 2012
Posts
27
So I hope I am posting in the right thread. Chance are I'm not. But question for other authors, when you get likes or what not on your story, do you privately message those readers for favoriting? I don't know if it's required, but just a question to ask on some reflection.
 
Usually not. But if someone continuously favs me and leaves a lot of comments, then I'll give a quick thank-you on occasions. Or if someone leaves a great piece of flattering feedback on my story.
 
Sometimes I'll respond to someone who leaves a comment that touches me in some way (usually when someone thanks me for something I've written and tells me why). But responding to every fave? No.
 
I usually send a thank you to the readers who have favorited my stories. If they left a comment, I will post a comment for them to comeback and read even though they may have emailed me on top of posting a comment. 🌹
 
I only PM if they PM-ed me first. I may use the comments-field to reply to comments, but I never react on favs. Several people only use the Fav. as a quick and easy way to find the story back, so they can read it later, and then remove the Fav. again--it always breaks my heart when that happens ;)

Yep. This is me exactly, from the PM replies to the broken hearts.
 
I appreciate every response, but no, I don't reply unless I am contacted directly or asked a question.
 
Back
Top