Some questions and some rant

A question for all my fellow authors: Do you ever feel embarrassed by the kinks or sexual themes of your stories?
No. In fact I take considerable satisfaction in the fact that I feel no shame about my explicit S&M stories. I don't share this side of me with friends or family because my erotica is so discontinuous with my real life personality that it would just take to much time and energy to explain what's going on. And many of them would most certainly be embarrassed on my behalf.

1. No shame. I write my fantasies, they're embedded in every word. I've never understood those who write what's not their thing, but there we are.

2. Not published any art for some time, but it always took a week or two - longer than for stories, I don't know why. I put it down to batch processing. Now, I believe it's a lot longer, several weeks.

3. My comments post immediately.

If I feel shame, I remember that I wrote a good _fictional_ story and it has its fans as well as its haters. As the creator, I should be a fan. I also have ways of making my characters more pure if necessary so they’re not complete depraved psychos or sad victims of sex addiction. I usually keep these in mind as deleted scenes or reference them in future work if necessary. Sometimes I go full bore too. “Passion: Hollywood Nights” may not be a popular story among my readers, but it was necessary for my psyche to eventually have my most promiscuous character at the time settle down with a loving husband and start a family. Same for other characters, I’m recently discovering. Some people can stay platonic and never go further. It’s what keeps things respectful and realistic.

It helps that respecting my characters is a kink of mine. ;)

I might be a little embarrassed by some of my stories if the person thought they were really my kinks. In some of my stories, I've gone off into the weeds a bit and since I wrote them in the first person it makes me look like even more of a pervert than I am. I write some in the first person because those tend to be more conducive to some thoughts. (humiliation etc.)
I try to not comment too much or too early after any of my stories. Sometimes I cannot help it when a reader has the wrong impression of what I said. I periodically clarify an issue in some of my longer (serial) stories.
I occasionally will PM a commenter. Sometimes that starts up a running discussion. I met my beta readers that way.

First question: Nope. Don't see the need in shane and shit. Why do it if you're gonna feel that way.
Second question: kinda skipped it, don't put my art here.
Rant: There's no real communication, so I don't try to reply on my own stories.

Back