How does one report illegal topics in PM's and posts?

Not a day goes by where i do not get posts (PM's and the like) specifically relating to pedophilia, bestiality/zoophilia, snuff and other disgusting stuff.

I've not been here long, and if this continues, i'll not be here much longer.

Not a day goes by where i do not get posts (PM's and the like) specifically relating to pedophilia, bestiality/zoophilia, snuff and other disgusting stuff.

I haven't been here long either and I've had several of those myself. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you get a good answer.

If you look at the bottom right corner of each post there is a small grey mark, if you click on that it's a report post button.

If the stuff is coming in PM's, you could send one of the moderators a PM.

They should be able to help, they are usually pretty helpful

Forward SPAM Private Messages to Laurel for action. Laurel is one of the owners of this site.

What harold and alberta said, though there is one other that likely won't be needed if you do the first two. When you get a PM or even just looking at the threads, when you click on a person's name you can make them go on your buddy list, not sure what that does, or ignore them. When a person is ignored you will see their post but it won't be filled out because you are ignoring them, PM's are not delivered.

Some of the programs like firefox and chrome have options that make ignored people disappear completely if you prefer. At least what has been said though I haven't bothered to look. That matters if you are receiving PMs from morons who think you are into that stuff but are not breaking the rules. Though as far as i know beastiality isn't something allowed anywhere on here.

I haven't been here long either and I've had several of those myself. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see if you get a good answer.

The advice given above should take care of most of the problems. I just wanted to write and encourage you both to stick with Lit until you get the morons off your back. Pretty soon you'll feel right at home !

Welcome to Lit :)

Aside from the suggestion given, such as forwarding the PM to a mod or even Laurel, I would also block the sender (your Ignore list), so they can not send you any PM.

Additionally, I'd use invisible mode when you're carousing the boards. Go to your User CP (control panel) and click on "Edit Option", and on check the "Use Invisible Mode". This will let you post or lurk or even just read without appearing visible. Many who send unsolicited (and often offensive) PMs look for female-sounding names who are visible. Most people who switch to invisible mode noticed a marked decline in unsolicited PMs.

Or, alternatively, you can either decline to accept any PMs or just those from your buddy list.

Good luck.:rose:

Welcome to Lit :)

Aside from the suggestion given, such as forwarding the PM to a mod or even Laurel, I would also block the sender (your Ignore list), so they can not send you any PM.

Problem PMs have to be forwarded to Laurel. There is nobody else, other than Manu (the other site owner) who has Mod powers over PMs. (Manu doesn't do Moderation very often, he's the technical problems guy.

Welcome aboard!

We have a few asshats, mouth-breathers and leg-humpers on the forum.

They should be dealt with as outlined above, but we also have an "asshat-thread" where such PMs are shared and enjoyed.

:rose:

newbies are favorite targets for asshats like these who hide in the PM world.
take all the above advice.
You can also choose to be here in "invisible" mode which reduces asshat trolling PM's of new users who are on line when they are also here and hot and horny.

good luck and welcome to lit. there are actually so many more interesting and good folks around here than ass-hats.
~cb

Welcome aboard!

We have a few asshats, mouth-breathers and leg-humpers on the forum.

They should be dealt with as outlined above, but we also have an "asshat-thread" where such PMs are shared and enjoyed.

:rose:

Asshats, mouthbreathers, and leg-humper PMs belong in the asshat thread. They are often great fun to read and share a laugh. PMs like those described in the OP need to be forwarded to Laurel right away, not posted in the public forum.

To the OP: you could also forward them to mods and we can alert Laurel.

Welcome to Lit, by the way.

I hope you'll stay, I've thankfully never seen anything illegal or been sent anything like that. LIT is a great forum, welcome.

Back