PM replies from Laurel?

tomlitilia

Literotica Guru
Has anyone gotten any PM replies from Laurel lately? I've sent three messages over the past two months without a reply. Could there be a technical problem.

Has anyone gotten any PM replies from Laurel lately? I've sent three messages over the past two months without a reply. Could there be a technical problem.

I've PM'd her dozens of times over the years, most recently last week and usually receive a reply within a few hours or the next day.

Best time to get her is during the week, not the weekend, never on a Sunday or on a holiday.

Good luck.

Haven't PM'd her recently. I did leave a note to her on my last story and she responded appropriately.

I've PMed her several times, but never gotten a reply.

So, probably the way to get Laurel to respond to PMs is to be a male performance artist on the discussion board pretending to be an abused woman (by her brothers) and frequently taking threads to the point of being censured or the thread closed and running right along the edge of being banned. :D

Laurel probably answers Freddie's PM just to try to get him closed down without peripheral damage. Maybe you and others should use the same technique.

For over a decade there have been posts on the board noting failure to respond from Web site administration. That said, she's responded to all PMs I've sent, which have been infrequent and related to story admissions that somehow fell in the cracks. She once PMed me on the possibility of doing something that she then didn't follow up on when I answered that I thought that would be a good idea. ;)

So, probably the way to get Laurel to respond to PMs is to be a male performance artist on the discussion board pretending to be an abused woman (by her brothers) and frequently taking threads to the point of being censured or the thread closed and running right along the edge of being banned. :D

Laurel probably answers Freddie's PM just to try to get him closed down without peripheral damage. Maybe you and others should use the same technique.

For over a decade there have been posts on the board noting failure to respond from Web site administration. That said, she's responded to all PMs I've sent, which have been infrequent and related to story admissions that somehow fell in the cracks. She once PMed me on the possibility of doing something that she then didn't follow up on when I answered that I thought that would be a good idea. ;)

I don't do any of that. I just supply quality work to her site, attracting readers and creating revenue for her.

I sent laurel two PMs last week and she replied to both. One was to report a spammer and the second was a question about a submission.

I don't do any of that. I just supply quality work to her site, attracting readers and creating revenue for her.

Well, you're no fun then. :D

(I'm not sure she gets and fully appreciates the "creating revenue for her" part, though."

By the way, "quality" really needs a qualifier. It can represent high and low quality equally without specification.

Hmmm... Weird. The last one I sent was just asking her to acknowledege she received the PM, and that she could address the actual question later if it was a bad time. Not even replying to that request seems rude at this point.

Hmmm... Weird. The last one I sent was just asking her to acknowledege she received the PM, and that she could address the actual question later if it was a bad time. Not even replying to that request seems rude at this point.

Wonder if she's blocked you?

Doesn't seem likely but she may have done it by mistake.

Word on the GB is they are getting ready to sell. Just a rumor though.

Last edited:
Wonder if she's blocked you?

Doesn't seem likely but she may have done it by mistake.

Hope not. I don't think I've done anything that could get me banned. My message was in relation to placing in a contest, and she told me to PM her.

Well, you're no fun then. :D

(I'm not sure she gets and fully appreciates the "creating revenue for her" part, though."

By the way, "quality" really needs a qualifier. It can represent high and low quality equally without specification.

Really KeithD? All I see you do when I'm here is troll. Worst trolling you do is fuck w/writers and authors about what YOU think we do or don't do. Others won't say it, but I will.

My complaint about you still stands pops. Yeah it wuz me if no one lays claim to it. I'll take the hits for more complaints on you if it helps. Posters like you are why this site is doing so poorly. That Mr. Nice Guy stuff you pull now doesn't cut w/me.

Yeah I quote you and yeah I own it. Eat it and love it.

I think it's probably just the volume of PM's. I don't PM often, but some have been acted on with no PM back and I've had the odd PM back. I think it just depends on the subject and what's needed and sometimes the timing.

I think it's probably just the volume of PM's. I don't PM often, but some have been acted on with no PM back and I've had the odd PM back. I think it just depends on the subject and what's needed and sometimes the timing.

I PMed her yesterday with a question about acceptable content and she PMed me right back.:)

I appreciate the volume can be a burden, but two months without nothing is getting rediculous. I like to give her the benefit of the doubt, but at this point I can't help but worry she just don't want to pay out the price money for the contest. Here are my messages, sent with about three weeks between them:
tomlitilia said:
Hi Laurel,

Just checking back about this again. Could you please acknowledge if you receive my messages?

Best,
Tom

tomlitilia said:
Hi Laurel,

Just checking back about whether it's possible have the price money donated to PEN.

Best,
Tom

tomlitilia said:
Dear Laurel,
Thank you for these great news regarding my second place in April fools. As last time I placed in a contest, I am hoping you can directly donate the price sum to PEN International: https://donate.justgiving.com/donat...vYjczNWEzMjVmOTRiNDExOGJkZmY2YjRjZDYzZjQzZTk=
If so, please just send me the receipt of the transaction to [My Email].

Best,
Tom

Iā€™ve never had an issue reaching her to resolve an issue. Normally, I get a response in about 3-5 days on anything out of the ordinary. Niceness goes a long wayšŸŒ¹

Hey - Don't knock Melissa!
Have you read any of her stories?
Everything I've seen surpasses the vast majority of 'work' that most others churn out in the name of erotica, both in quality and composition.

And to answer 'tomlitilia' - I don't think it's a case of 'Rude' ecactly - more just extremely busy administering a very popular site with thousands of users. Try to keep in mind that the Forum is a secondary part of this site. The main purpose for its existance is to host erotic stories (a free service to us, the members :))

I've PM'd quite a few times but only ever had replies when reporting things that are 'site-wide' problems. I think for the most part that sums it up :) She will respond if you are reporting a problem with the site, but other issues are secondary :)

(I'm still not convinced 'she' is alone in dealing with this though ;))

Word on the GB is they are getting ready to sell. Just a rumor though.

OMG - I hope not :(

Chloe has it right, I'm sure.
I'm sure it's down to how important it is (site-wise) and how much time 'she' has :)

Hey - Don't knock Melissa!
Have you read any of her stories?

What's the relevance of this to my comment? This is a writing site. I was pointing out something writers should be aware of. The word "quality" does not automatically denote high quality. It needs a modifier to pin it down. "High quality" or "low quality," for instance. Why do you assume that pointing that out for writers is knocking Melissa's stories?

Nor do I think tomlitilia should be knocked for simply trying to find out how to get to contest winnings and not being responded to by site admin after repeated attempts. That appears to be on site admin if the PMs are being properly addressed.

Last edited:
Back