Anyone know if Literotica is purging dormant accounts?

FifthEstate

California Lover
I have noticed a significant loss of followers over the past 4+ months and was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing. I've been on Literotica since February of 2018 and I don't recall this ever happening to the degree it has in the past 4+ months. It makes me wonder if Lit is purging older, dormant accounts or something similar which might account for what I've experienced.

I keep track of my stats at the beginning of each quarter and on July 1st I had exactly 2100 followers. I was notified between July 1st and today on my Activity page of 367 new follows which would have put my count at 2467, when in fact it is 2417 as of today. During that period I lost 50 followers. One dropped for every 7 gained feels like a very high ratio.

Obviously, I know that some readers will hit the follow button and immediately recant the move and others may have just chosen to stop following me, but this is unlike anything I've seen in my 5+ years on Lit. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them and/or are you aware of anything Lit is doing behind the scenes that may be causing or contributing to this?

Last edited:
Not a stat I've tracked, but I wouldn't be too surprised by one dropped per seven gained. Some people use follow as a way to bookmark stuff they're going to check out later, and then unfollow once they're done.

Obviously, I know that some readers will hit the follow button and immediately recant the move and others may have just chosen to stop following me, but this is unlike anything I've seen in my 5+ years on Lit. Has anyone else noticed this happening to them and/or are you aware of anything Lit is doing behind the scenes that may be causing or contributing to this?
I've seen one or two drop away, but more New Followers, so no, I've not seen anything untoward going on.

I've seen one or two drop away, but more New Followers, so no, I've not seen anything untoward going on.
Likewise. A few have disappeared here and there... maybe one every couple of months. But no dramatic fall off.

Follower count has always fluctuated, but its always more gained than lost. Losing fifty over a few months isn't that extreme and you did still gain over 300.

Back in the day lit used to show a little red heart next to the name of the person that followed you. They'd also show a broken heart when they stopped following you. Then I guess they decided that was too mean and stopped notifying author's when they lost a follower and you just have to watch the number go up and down on your own. Even then you could gain two and lose two overnight etc...

I stopped thinking about it a long time ago.

Not a stat I've tracked, but I wouldn't be too surprised by one dropped per seven gained. Some people use follow as a way to bookmark stuff they're going to check out later, and then unfollow once they're done.
I've done this. And I've had a few where the writer's style changed and I no longer cared for it.

Back