What's your personality type?

I'm so late to this party but I'm going to post my results anyways:

You Are An ESTJ

The Guardian

You're a natural leader and quick, logical decision maker.
Goals are important in your life, and you take many steps to acheive them.
You enjoy interacting with others, mostly through work related activities.
Your high energy level means you are great at getting things done!

In love, you tend to bring stability to relationships.
You feel comfortable being in charge, and you enjoy being a provider.

At work, you take charge. You thrive in structured environments and don't mind enforcing the rules.
You would make a great teacher, judge, or police detective.

How you see yourself: Realistic, stable, and pragmatic

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Rigid, bound to rules, and a bad listener.

I do not agree with being a take charge type of person at work and I am known for being a great listener. High energy?...... hmmm, maybe when I was younger, LOL.

You Are An INTJ

The Scientist

You have a head for ideas - and you are good at improving systems.
Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized.
You tend to be a bit skeptical. You're both critical of yourself and of others.
Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.

In love, you are always striving to improve your relationship.
You have strong ideas of what love should be like.

At work, you excel in figuring out difficult tasks. People think of you as "the brain."
You would make an excellent scientist, engineer, or programmer.

How you see yourself: Reasonable, knowledgeable, and competent

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Aloof, controlling, and insensitive
mmmm.... how accurate is this supposed to be?

According to an in depth Jung test I took at the beginning of nursing school, my personality type is ENTJ. I tend to agree more with this description:

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

Functional Analysis:

Extraverted Thinking
"Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.

Puman said:
mmmm.... how accurate is this supposed to be?

I'm not really sure. A lot of these are based on generalizations that you could make based on the way the questions are answered. I'm sure there was a lot of research put into it and that a lot of people are able to identify to parts of the descriptions.

The accuracy is also dependant on how honest you are with yourself. It's not gonna be in the slightest bit accurate if you lie to yourself.

im_a_voyeur said:
According to an in depth Jung test I took at the beginning of nursing school, my personality type is ENTJ. I tend to agree more with this description:

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.

Functional Analysis:

Extraverted Thinking
"Unequivocating" expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ's dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone.

Hmmm. By my count, that makes three Field Marshalls here.

Well, you and Hormberg do what you want with the rest of the world, just be advised North America will be mine.

[oh, and also that US island in the north Pacific that Japan invaded in WWII then tried to give back when they found out what a piece of crap it is - I'll need a penal colony]

This is bizzare - I've normally scored INTP

ISTP
The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.
A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.
To outsiders you seem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable.
You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

In love, you tend to be very easy going and flexible.
The only thing you can't stand for is someone trying to change you or your life.

At work, you can stay completely calm under pressure. You handle stress well.
You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.

How you see yourself: Logical, flexible, and unconventional

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Indecisive, flippant, and disrespctful

And at the humanmetrics site I am...

INTP, as usual

The insufferable Jung thing goes on about Howard Roark in Ayn Rand, and being the Architect and the prime mover, good for my ego, eh?

But this made me laugh at myself. Especially the last bit - that is ME in a group.

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.

Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.

INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.

A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

Mathematics is a system where many INTPs love to play, similarly languages, computer systems--potentially any complex system. INTPs thrive on systems. Understanding, exploring, mastering, and manipulating systems can overtake the INTP's conscious thought. This fascination for logical wholes and their inner workings is often expressed in a detachment from the environment, a concentration where time is forgotten and extraneous stimuli are held at bay. Accomplishing a task or goal with this knowledge is secondary.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.

Games NTs seem to especially enjoy include Risk, Bridge, Stratego, Chess, Go, and word games of all sorts. (I have an ENTP friend that loves Boggle and its variations. We've been known to sit in public places and pick a word off a menu or mayonnaise jar to see who can make the most words from its letters on a napkin in two minutes.) The INTP mailing list has enjoyed a round of Metaphore, virtual volleyball, and a few 'finish the series' brain teasers.

INTPs in the main are not clannish. The INTP mailing list, with a readership now in triple figures, was in its incipience fraught with all the difficulties of the Panama canal: we had trouble deciding on:

1) whether or not there should be such a group,
2) exactly what such a group should be called, and
3) which of us would have to take the responsibility for organization and maintenance of the aforesaid group/club/whatever.

Sharon_ said:
Hmmm. By my count, that makes three Field Marshalls here.

Four.

Well, you and Hormberg do what you want with the rest of the world, just be advised North America will be mine.

[oh, and also that US island in the north Pacific that Japan invaded in WWII then tried to give back when they found out what a piece of crap it is - I'll need a penal colony]

I am content to have you manage it for me. It will allow me to focus on larger concerns.

-Fieldmarshal Homburg, Northern Hemisphere

Field Marshal Homburg wrote:
>Sharon wrote:
>>Hmmm. By my count, that makes three Field Marshalls here.

>Four.

[grin]
...another successful fishing expedition....

>>Well, you and Hormberg do what you want with the rest of the world, just >>be advised North America will be mine.

[...]

>I am content to have you manage it for me. It will allow me to focus on >larger concerns.

I would ~love~ to stay and disabuse you of your fantasy, but I have to load my gear for a weekend of camping and go cart racing.....and prank staging.
<sly smile>

Hope y'all have as much fun as I'm going to have.

>-Fieldmarshal Homburg, Northern Hemisphere

GUFFAW
I like that, has a nice ring. But North America is mine.

Sharon_ said:
...another successful fishing expedition....

No, just a matter of looking at the thread and counting.

I would ~love~ to stay and disabuse you of your fantasy, but I have to load my gear for a weekend of camping and go cart racing.....and prank staging.
<sly smile>

Hope y'all have as much fun as I'm going to have.

I just got back from some trail riding, and it was a blast. I envy you on a full camping trip =)

>-Fieldmarshal Homburg, Northern Hemisphere

GUFFAW
I like that, has a nice ring. But North America is mine.

I was hoping somebody would enjoy that one. Go on, you go right ahead. Have fun. Run it right and pay tribute, as agreed.

No need for me to take the quiz ... I already know my personality type ...

BITCH :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

graceanne said:
You say that like it's a bad thing. :confused:
No, not really, I guess ...

I did work 35 hard years to get this way. I'm damn proud of it, actually! :D

Netzach said:
This is bizzare - I've normally scored INTP

ISTP
The Mechanic

You are calm and collected, even in the most difficult of situations.
A person of action and self-direction, you love being independent.
To outsiders you seem impulsive, surprising, and unpredictable.
You are good at understanding how all things work, except for people.

In love, you tend to be very easy going and flexible.
The only thing you can't stand for is someone trying to change you or your life.

At work, you can stay completely calm under pressure. You handle stress well.
You would make an excellent pilot, forensic pathologist, or athlete.

How you see yourself: Logical, flexible, and unconventional

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Indecisive, flippant, and disrespctful

Netzach appearing disrespectful. I find that very amusing for some reason.

Last edited:
You Are An INTJ
The Scientist

You have a head for ideas - and you are good at improving systems.
Logical and strategic, you prefer for everything in your life to be organized.
You tend to be a bit skeptical. You're both critical of yourself and of others.
Independent and stubborn, you tend to only befriend those who are a lot like you.

In love, you are always striving to improve your relationship.
You have strong ideas of what love should be like.

At work, you excel in figuring out difficult tasks. People think of you as "the brain."
You would make an excellent scientist, engineer, or programmer.

How you see yourself: Reasonable, knowledgeable, and competent

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Aloof, controlling, and insensitive

You Are An INTP

The Thinker

You are analytical and logical - and on a quest to learn everything you can.
Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge.
Your biggest pet peeve is people who slow you down with trivial chit chat.
A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it.

In love, you are an easy person to fall for. But not an easy person to stay in love with.
Although you are quite flexible, you often come off as aloof or argumentative.

At work, you are both a logical and creative thinker. You are great at solving problems.
You would make an excellent mathematician, programmer, or professor.

How you see yourself: Creative, fair, and tough-minded

When other people don't get you, they see you as: arrogant, cold, and robotic

tada

:rose: Hmmmm, so many thoughts about what can be done on ... or against big wooden tables... I think I will be pondering the variety of pleasures a big wide wooden table can provide... mmmm yep deliceous thoughts. :devil:
Earthgoddess said:
As long as there is a big wide wooden table, mmmm big tables.

Isf

You Are An ISFJ

The Nurturer

You have a strong need to belong, and you very loyal.
A good listener, you excel at helping others in practical ways.
In your spare time, you enjoy engaging your senses through art, cooking, and music.
You find it easy to be devoted to one person, who you do special things for.

In love, you express your emotions through actions.
Taking care of someone is how you love them. And you do it well!

At work, you do well in a structured environment. You complete tasks well and on time.
You would make a good interior designer, chef, or child psychologist.

How you see yourself: Competent, dependable, and detail oriented

When other people don't get you, they see you as: Boring, dominant, and stuck in a rut

Homburg wrote:

>I just got back from some trail riding, and it was a blast.

ATV or horse? Both seem like a really great time (no experience on ATVs).

We're camping at a ranch next weekend that offers both ATV and horse trails, but I don't know that I'll get the opportunity to try out the ATVs.

>I envy you on a full camping trip =)

I laughed as I read that - limping around with sore joints, bruises and sporting a purty 1"X2" second degree burn on my shin -- but yeah, we all had a blast.

[Field Marshall Homburg, Northern Hemisphere]
>I was hoping somebody would enjoy that one. Go on, you go right ahead. >Have fun. Run it right and pay tribute, as agreed.

Clearly, you have me confused with another Field Marshall in another area. You and I have never entered into an agreement nor do I pay tribute on what is mine :p

Another Thinker in Texas..?

tanijaana said:
You Are An INTP

The Thinker

You are analytical and logical - and on a quest to learn everything you can.
Smart and complex, you always love a new intellectual challenge.
Your biggest pet peeve is people who slow you down with trivial chit chat.
A quiet maverick, you tend to ignore rules and authority whenever you feel like it.

In love, you are an easy person to fall for. But not an easy person to stay in love with.
Although you are quite flexible, you often come off as aloof or argumentative.

At work, you are both a logical and creative thinker. You are great at solving problems.
You would make an excellent mathematician, programmer, or professor.

How you see yourself: Creative, fair, and tough-minded

When other people don't get you, they see you as: arrogant, cold, and robotic

When I first took this test as part of a teacher certification class, it pegged me out as an INTP.. Earlier this summer, I took an online version via a google search, and came out as a INTJ.. and now, this time, using blogspot's questions, they claim I'm a ISTP. Guess that makes me more of an IT all around, with random letters thrown in for fun.... ;)

(think the validity of the results are less reliable for those of us who have weak or moderate associations with one or the other extreme in any of the 4 dimensions - although I do see traits I have in common with the IT groups, aka the Rationals.)

-j

Sharon_ said:
ATV or horse? Both seem like a really great time (no experience on ATVs).

We're camping at a ranch next weekend that offers both ATV and horse trails, but I don't know that I'll get the opportunity to try out the ATVs.

Feh, Mountain bike. Best way to experience a really tight, twisty trail. An ATV would not fit in the places I went, and a rider would have to be pretty darned good to get a horse through some of what I hit. It' mountain bike or dirt bike basically.

But it doesn't stop the freaking horse riders from using the easier parts of the trail and leaving horse shit everywhere. Ignore those signs that have the horse and ride with the big red bar across them. That means no horses but mine apparently.

Back when I used to ride horseback a lot, I don't recall a dollop of stupid hitting me when I hit the saddle, but it sure does seem to happen around here.

I laughed as I read that - limping around with sore joints, bruises and sporting a purty 1"X2" second degree burn on my shin -- but yeah, we all had a blast.

*shrug* Sounds like fun to me. Franly, what you described, aside from the burn, sounds like the normal results of an afternoon bombing the trails.

Clearly, you have me confused with another Field Marshall in another area. You and I have never entered into an agreement nor do I pay tribute on what is mine :p

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

graceanne said:
The accuracy is also dependant on how honest you are with yourself. It's not gonna be in the slightest bit accurate if you lie to yourself.

:) I did this again this morning and tried to answer as quickly as possible, going with my gut reaction and not trying to think too hard about the answers and I got the same results... so yup - I guess I'm a "scientist". (I've never done a test like this before, so I was just curious about the accuracy) It does seem to be pretty close... (I guess I was just hoping that I didn't always come across as aloof and a know-all :D )

Back