If it isn't called a pony tail, what's it called?

jaF0

Watcher
I'm looking for a picture that I've seen many of before. The hair is pulled straight up from the top of the head, often through some kind of ring or cone. Sometimes it's a couple of inches or more before the hair falls away.

I'm posting here because it seems to be associated with Doms or other BDSM styles.

This is the closest I can find searching for 'high pony tail'.

80s-Inspired-High-Ponytail-500x667.jpg
iu

iu

Googled a bit because I first thought you might be thinking of a chignon. They are worn low at the nape though. Seems that the high ponytail is sometimes called a queue (french for tail), especially when referring to male traditional hairstyles. Don’t know if that’s what you were thinking of?

Fell down a funny rabbit hole:
The Rapunzel number is a ratio used in this equation to calculate the effects of gravity on hair relative to its length.[9]

Ra ≡
L
/
l

This number determines whether a ponytail looks like a fan or whether it arcs over and becomes nearly vertical at the bottom. A short ponytail of springy hair with a low Rapunzel number, fans outward. A long ponytail with a high Rapunzel number, hangs down, as the pull of gravity overwhelms the springiness.

It is now also known why jogger's ponytails swing side to side.[11] An up and down motion is too unstable: a ponytail cannot sway forward and backward because the jogger's head is in the way. Any slight jostling causes the up and down movement to become a side to side sway.

I did not expect Wikipedia to lead me down the path of fourth order non linear differential equations on this search. :eek:
That’s why we love it so much though and maybe that is how ponytails cause headaches?:D

I don't think pony tails per se cause headaches. It's more an issue of the weight and length of hair?

You can also try searching “leather ponytail” since the leather community and bdsm community intersect a bit. I was able to find this, which might be close to what you’re looking for.

Attachments

• 263D437B-2463-48BE-BB65-1A42A30ADA81.jpeg
    263D437B-2463-48BE-BB65-1A42A30ADA81.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 8
Where the hair is gathered on the top of the head? Yeah, my second ex-fiancee used to do that. An unfortunate aesthetic choice since it made her look like a paintbrush. But, I admit, it was a decent handle. I always called it a TopKnot or a Tasslehoff Burrfoot.

I'm looking for a picture that I've seen many of before. The hair is pulled straight up from the top of the head, often through some kind of ring or cone. Sometimes it's a couple of inches or more before the hair falls away.

I'm posting here because it seems to be associated with Doms or other BDSM styles.

This is the closest I can find searching for 'high pony tail'.

80s-Inspired-High-Ponytail-500x667.jpg
iu

iu
What’s it called?
I think lotta guys call it a “ handle”
I couldn’t resist.
I’ve always just called that pony tail. Butt I’m old and that’s what it was called growing up. The girls had ponytails.

Back