An Exchange Student, An Exchange of Sexuality (closed to tamgreen)

CFMB_fan

Literotica Guru
Joined
Jun 23, 2015
Posts
4,901
.

Name: Adrian Ham
Age: 51
Height: 6 ft
Eyes: Piercing Blue
Hair: Black, with grey highlights and slightly balding, so cropped short
Build: Tall, broad like a rugby player but also carries some middle age spread
Profession:Senior Network manager at a small but prestigious University in a small English Market Town

Adrian parked the car in the staff carpark, close to the reception centre at the Student's Union building. The place appeared deserted, but it was Sunday morning, in the summer. The majority of students had left for their extended summer vacation. He opened the door and stood up, inhaling deeply as he did so.

"It's going to be a lovely day today sexy."

"Yes, it is" his wife agreed as she stood out of the car, smoothing down her knee-length dress, the neckline of her dress revealing the cleavage of her slight breasts.

Adrian smiled as he looked at Clare. She had managed to maintain her looks and physique, even though she was now 52, slightly older than him. Their sex life was at time mundane but she still looked good, and often got stares from the student's mostly young testosterone filled lads on the campus where she, where they both worked.

He walked towards her and took her hand.

"So I wonder what will be in store for us this time?" Clare asked as they walked to the reception centre. "MAybe another blond who liked her older man?" she continued, referring to a student who stayed with them a couple of years ago.

"Or another nerd who could take his eyes away from your cleavage sexy!" he replied as he pulled his wife into a quick embrace and kiss as he giggled.

"Stop it you!" she replied trying to sound angry but failing miserably.

Moments later they approached the front entrance to the student's union facility and followed the signs to the reception area. As they entered a large room, there was a bustle of activity, and a brew area at one end, with disposable cups, hot water, tea and coffee on offer.

Adrian instantly opened his bag and took out two cafitieres in a mug, and proceeded to make two coffees supplying his own fresh coffee. Adrian hated instant coffee with a passion!

"Excuse me but the coach should be arriving in about ten minutes, thank you"

Adrian and Clare headed to a desk to inform the organisers that they were there to collect their student. They defiantly had one male, but possible a female as well. No one seemed to quite know. And so they made small talk with other hosts as they waited for the student's arrival.

It wasn't long before the door opened, and 30 or so students, many weary-eyed entered the reception room carrying their bags The organisers tried to control the situation before the students started to queue at a desk, where sealed envelopes were offered t the students before being herded to another host.

And then, then it was their turn as a 30 something female in her pencil skirt and semi-sheer blouse introduced them to their guest for the next 6 weeks, a young lad looking barely 20, introduced by the admin assistant as Jamie.

"Hi Jamie and welcome, glad to meet you." Adrian offered holding out his hand. "This is Clare, my wife, and I'm Adrian, and its good to meet you, I have a lot of respect for the Canadians, especially after their antics on Juno beach." inhaling before continuing "We are your hosts for the duration of your stay. You must be tired after your flight, shall we get you back where you can shower or sleep accordingly?"

Adrian looked at him, and his hair with a purple streak. ?he had noticed in recent weeks, that it was rather trendy to dye, or at least partialy dye one's hair in a blue or purple shade, but he wasnt sure why.
 
Name: Jamie Landis
Age: 20
Height: 5'9"
Eyes: Warm Hazel
Hair: Sandy, with a temporary streak of purple in front. Worn a bit long, almost to his shoulders.
Build: Compact and graceful, slim without being bony.
Profession: Student (Biochemistry)

---------------------------------------

Jamie told himself he was crazy for doing this exchange thing. Absolutely bananas. Mom had been sobbing and making a scene at the airport back in Vancouver, and almost made him lose his nerve. He'd never been overseas before, and while his mother had eventually made her peace with him moving out of her apartment two years back to live with some other students near the college he'd enrolled in, the idea of him actually crossing an ocean had given her an attack of empty nest syndrome all over again.

Maybe this was why he needed to put an ocean between them. Mom was pretty cool, all things considered, but she hung on too tightly, and her constant warnings and admonitions against all that might be dangerous or unhealthy in this world had given him some sort of complex. Jamie was a pretty easygoing, level-headed person, all things considered, in sharp contrast to his drama llama mom, but sometimes he found himself out in the big, wide world, and wondered how he could possibly manage as an adult all on his own. He felt stupid even thinking such things - he was a full two decades old, he was an adult, and he didn't need to prove anything! Here he was flying halfway across the world, taking on studies in a faraway country. Sure they all spoke English here, but that didn't mean it wouldn't require some courage.

He'd looked around nervously at his fellow students as they arrived. Most of them seemed excited, and those who weren't were simply tired, almost bored. Wasn't anyone scared?

The school they were attending here in England was a small one, with little to no student housing, and they were supposed to be paired up and assigned to volunteer host families. At least, that was what he'd thought. Jamie quickly realized that only a few of the students were paired up. He was hastily directed toward a mom-and-dad-aged couple. All by himself.

Jamie scolded himself for the impending threat of anxiety that wanted to loom up in him, for the voice in his head that sounded just like his mother and warned him, Don't ever go with strangers!

He swallowed back the childish stranger-danger paranoia and approached the couple with a stride that was unconsciously graceful despite his less-than-graceful attire. He'd dressed comfortably for the long plane ride, and had just taken off his hoodie. Underneath he was wearing a simple white tank top over plaid PJ pants, and well broken-in sneakers. He tossed his head, flicking back a forelock emblazoned with artificial purple to fully reveal his smooth, youthful face, and a small silver ring through one ear.

He smiled somewhat bashfully as the affable-looking man with the pleasingly comfy "dad bod" introduced himself and his refreshingly normal-looking wife.

"Hi," he spoke up, shaking both of their hands and blushing for reasons he couldn't quite understand. "Juno Beach, huh? I don't think I can take any credit there, but... cool." He gave a lopsided grin and blushed even more at his own lame attempt at levity.

The way the man spoke almost made him giggle. He wasn't going to come here expecting stereotypes, but he couldn't believe they actually said stuff like shall.

"I am pretty tired," he admitted, hiking up his backpack and fumbling clumsily with the rickety telescoping handle of his suitcase, which had a bad wheel, but he couldn't afford anything better. "I didn't rest much on the plane, and I know jet lag's gonna hit me like a ton of bricks."
 
Arrival at the house.

.


As Jamie mentioned Huno beach, he wondered if Jamie was aware of Canadian Military history, but decided to let the moment pass.

“Please allow me.” he stated as he reached for the handle of the suitcase, and lifted the case, choosing to carry it rather than use the wheels, as he often did with his, or their cases. He led Jamie and his wife to the car, making small talk as Adrian explained the building that they were in was the Student’s union, and that some of his activities would start there.

“I've a copy of your programme at home!” he stated before they left the building and entered the summer sun as the sun rose, the time was now late morning. With the car open, he placed the suitcase into the boot, before offering to place the backpack on top of it.

The short drive from the main campus to their home on Priestgate’s Way, close to Priestgate’ s Park was uneventful. That part of the university, was once part of a theological college, for the Church of England; before it had merged with the developing campus during early Edwardian years, around 100 years ago. The park was once part of the college grounds, but was now maintained by the local council, though the park lead to the nearside of the main campus; where both Adrian and Clare worked, their close proximity meaning they both walked to work most days. The route led them to the old Edwardian extension of the city, in the boom years just after the first world war.

“Here we are.” Clare stated as Adrian turned into Priestgate’s Way, and parked outside the tall Edwardian town house, clearly consisting of at least three flours, and a basement.

The house was one of five or six properties on the street that was still a townhouse, and not had been modified into flats. They had bought the property when they both grew tired of the ‘Rat Race’ that was the Financial Square Mile within the City of London. Both had been working for accountancy firms, ADrian as a network manager and Clare as an Audit Accountant. They had been able to buy the property, and renovate it over a period of time, as they had been unable to have children.

As Adrian turned the ignition off, Clare spoke.

“Adrian why don’t you take Jamie’s luggage upstairs, and I can make us a drink. She then turned to face Jamie sitting in the back, smiling as she spoke, liking the slightly fashionable purple stripe in his hair.

“What would you like Jamie? Tea? Coffee? Juice? We don’t drink soft drinks so I can’t offer you one I’m afraid? Then we can offer you a tour of the place and it’s quirks!”

Adrian opened the boot, and took the two bags, offering Jamie the backpack as he lifted the large suitcase, and ensuring the boot was closed followed them both up the steps to the front door. As Clare opened the front door, she led Jamie to the kitchen as Adrian took the suitcase.

As Jamie followed Clare into the kitchen, with the stairs on the left hand side, and two doors on the right hand side, various photos hung on the wall, a couple of Clare, and some landscape shots. The kitchen was relatively large, having been extended by knocking down the walls into the outhouses.
 
Jamie thanked Adrian several times for taking the suitcase, and even apologized a few times for good measure, being the good Canadian that he was. The case was pretty heavy, as he'd crammed a number of books in there.

During the drive he found himself occasionally white knuckling, as he was unaccustomed to driving on the wrong side of the road, and it caught him off guard at several moments as he was carried away staring at the landscape and the buildings.

Some of his fatigue had dissipated by the time they reached the house. Jamie remained slightly nervous, but some of it was being taken over by excitement. The place looked huge! Were these people rich? It was several times the size of the apartment he'd grown up in.

"I wouldn't say no to a cup of tea," he decided, "so long as it's not got any caffeine. And I'd love to see more of the house. This is pretty cool!"

He looked around with interest, his eyes first following Adrian up the stairs as he carried the heavy suitcase with seeming ease, then checking out more of the house as the woman led him to the kitchen.

"This is amazing. I love where I live, but like... nothing there is really old, yunno? There's so much history here." He paused, biting his lip.

"Um, is it just the two of you here?" he ventured. The question was for two reasons - one, it seemed ginormous for just a couple, and two, they were about the right age to have kids around his age. And looking at the two of them, if they had a son by chance, he'd probably be smoking hot.
 
The Tour

.

As their guest was led down into the kitchen, the stairs were on the left, the wooden bannister varnished, still the original Edwardian wood. Along the walls were various photographs, some framed while others were on canvas ‘boxes; of Adrian and Clare, together with multiple landscape photos. On the right-hand side, were two doors that led to the front room and the dining room and conservatory. The kitchen itself had been extended, the walls into the outbuildings having been knocked down to make a large open kitchen, with an old oak table for six people close to the hallway door.

"Jamie, please take a seat" suggested Clare as she looked at him, his cute youthfulness, quickly glancing at his crotch. It wasn't that she fancied him in any way, but a curiosity about youth, their likes their activities. She was plain and simply curious.

"Sorry but we don't have any caffeine free tea or coffee, I kinda don't see the point of it" she joked. "But I'll pop out and buy some later."

Clare turned to turn the coffee machine on, as well as to run the cold water tap, pouring a jug of water, before opening the freezer to place some ice cubes, and then sliced a lemon. Then she placed the jug on the table with three glasses.

"Yes, just the two of us sadly...." Clare stated in a matter of fact manner. "Adrian and I, we were, unable to have children and decided never to pursue it. Nature clearly decided we shouldn't have children, and rather fight it,we embraced it, if that makes sense?" smiling. That was a few years ago when they tried and had tests. They discussed it in length and decided not to pursue fertility treatment.

As such, the kitchen is divided into two areas. The first area where you walk into has a large-ish oak table, large enough for six, and the larger area on the other side of a breakfast bar was the actual cooking and preparation area. The Breakfast bar had a couple of stools on one side. An observant person would see that there was an under bench double wine fridge, one side filled with wine, the other with English ales. On top of the breakfast bar close to a wall were a Kitchenaid Espresso machine and coffee bean grinder.

Beyond the breakfast bar, on one side was a window which looked over the decking area of the back garden in front of the conservatory, The window could be opened and used as a hatch if needed. On the opposite wall was the five-place hob with a large Chinese wok style hobby in the middle, and various another kitchen ‘gadgets’. At the far end of the kitchen, is the well-lit scullery/utility room, with a washing machine, a tumble dryer as well as an ironing board, and one of those modern expensive steam irons. In the corner was an upright freezer. An observant person would notice that the sun was just starting to shine into the suntrap, the garden facing West, southwest, it got the afternoon and evening sun pretty much from around 1 pm, depending on the time of year.
 
Last edited:
Jamie swallowed hard, worrying he'd made a faux pas by asking about kids, when they were in this sort of a situation.

"I'm sorry," he said softly, his eyes combing the extensive kitchen for something else to focus on. He didn't even recognize half the gadgets here. This place had already seemed vast to him, and it seemed even more so now, knowing it was only for two people.

Jamie offered a polite thanks as he settled into a seat and poured himself a glass of water. Lemon and everything. These people really went all out. He hoped they didn't think they had to put themselves out to be this hospitable when he'd be content enough with a cot in a closet and 25-cent instant noodles. Already he felt spoiled.

"You don't need to buy anything just for me, seriously," he assured the woman, pausing to sip. "This is like, way above average water, and I really don't need anything special."
 
Clare saw the embarrassment on Jamie's face.

"No need to apologise" as she sat down, waiting for Adrian to return to make their coffees. "But thank you for your kind words" she continued with a soft smile.

"We chose not to pursue that option. We have regrets sure, but it has also opened up to us a range of opportunities that financially we probably never would have been able to afford with children. Besides its one reason why we offer our room to people like yourself. And nothing is too much trouble well within reason," Clare quickly added. "You are our guest and if you have any dietary requirements we will do our best to accommodate them!"

As Clare spoke, Adrian's feet could be heard descending the stairs, having changed into a pair of shorts and vest top on the way down.

"So who else would like a coffee" he inquired as he walked into the kitchen and seeing his sexy wife walked up behind her and kissed her exposed neck?

He looked at Jamie before walking up to the breakfast bar and started to grind some coffee beans.

"Jamie only drinks caffeine Free teas" Clare replied.

"Ah, we don't have any do we?"

"Not yet." was Clare's reply as she looked at him. "Are you hungry?" she added.
 
Jamie's eyes followed the man as he entered the room, a bit less dressed than before, and watched curiously the interaction between him and his wife. His cheeks and neck went a little pink when Adrian made eye contact with him. He hoped he didn't look like he'd been staring.

Not that he hadn't been staring.

"Oh, um...," he stammered, going even redder, "I actually don't mind caffeine, generally. First thing in the morning, it's all good. I just didn't want to mess myself up if I'm gonna have rest soon."

He smiled sheepishly. "Really, water's fine beverage-wise. I could eat, I guess. A snack or something? But don't go to any trouble. If you're having something, I'll join. Just... don't fuss on my account."

He absently rubbed the back of his neck, and his grin widened. "I'm kinda like a cactus. Not that I have prickles, but that you can neglect me for a good long time and I'll still live just fine."
 
.

Adrian didn't see Jamie's little blush but Clare did, as Adrian was too busy preparing the coffee.

"Actually they recommend a strong espresso before a 30-minute power nap. It takes about 30 minutes for the caffeine to kick in, so a quick power nap after a strong coffee is recommended especially if your driving!" stated Adrian remembering a recent TV program. "But yes it makes sense.... and the caffiene in tea isn't as strong as in coffee, as I understand!"

As Adrian ground the beans and made the coffee, Clare got up and got a loaf of crusty bread, and some cold cheese and meats from the fridge and placed it on the table.

"Jamie, do you mind getting the cutlery from the draw behind you please?" she asked him as Clare got some plates from a cupboard.

And soon they were all seated around the table as Clare offered Jamie some bread.

"Please help yourself" she insisted.

"What sort of food do you enjoy Jamie?" asked Adrian. "As I do most of the cooking some ideas would be useful!" grinning as he finished.
 
The smell of freshly ground coffee beans was intoxicating. He was looking forward to indulging at some point later on. At the wrong time of day, it could make him squirrelly.

Jamie hopped up eagerly to help out with the cutlery, finding that the opportunity to contribute relaxed him a little. Having people serve him was a strange experience. He'd expected to be more like a roommate than a guest of honour.

He helped himself, loading up a slice of French bread with cheese and meat. He met eyes with Adrian, smiling curiously. He loved when a man could cook.

"I like everything," he chuckled. "Honestly, the way I grew up, I was used to cheap and easy crap food, and I could never be picky... and I doubt I could offer much in the way of ideas. Unless you're really interested in a lot of different variations of boxed mac and cheese." He rolled his eyes at himself. "If you're a serious cook, I'd worry that it'd be wasted on the likes of me. Though I do enjoy trying new things...?"
 
Adrian sat down next to Clare and watched Jamie take a selection of meats before he allowed Clare to help herself.

"Well my cooking in the week, for the most part, is quick, so Pasta based dishes or my interpretation of Stirfry. Quick and relatively healthy is my aim...

"Not that he always succeeds" interjected Clare as she giggled, her breasts moving with her chest.

"I rarely do what is perceived as the classical English meat and two veg dishes, they can be quite bland taste ways. Anyway, I will cook as normal until I hear otherwise then!"

Adrian looked at the clock on the wall.

"Almost lunch time. I suggest that when you have had enough, I'll give you a tour and then you can have a nap before we go for a walk in the local area?"

"Do you have any questions?" Clare quickly followed as she looked at him.
 
Jamie quickly worked at his snack so they could get on with the tour. The whole time, his eyes kept returning to Adrian, when they weren't on the food. He only looked in Clare's direction when she spoke to him. In fact, it took him a moment to register what she'd just asked him, as he was following after Adrian like a puppy.

"Oh... well... is there a map in case I get lost?" Jamie joked as he glanced back at her, grinning widely. "But actually, maybe I should ask if you have any house rules I should be aware of. I think I'm pretty well-behaved, all things considered, but I want to make sure I'm not stepping on any toes unwittingly."
 
.


Clare noticed Jamie looking her husband, her sixth sense was stirring, but she wasn't sure. But she none the less felt a pang of jealousy. Their last student did seem to have the hots for her, and she knew that Adrian had found another of the previous Canadian gals attractive. She didn't mind Adrian looking, as he encouraged her. But their rule was to 'Window Shop Only' She had, for the most part, kept to that rule, though she had never fucked anyone since Adrian and her became an item all those years ago.

"House rules?" Clare replied.. "Well as your room upstairs is yours, well it's down to you to keep it tidy, especially if you bring a local girl back to shag!" As she spoke she watched him for his reaction as she teased him, partly just for fun, but also to see if her gut feeling was correct.

"And no smoking, please if you do indulge in that, please smoke outside on the decking, there is an ashtray in the utility room for that purpose. And no music, well load music past 8 or 9 pm, please."

She watched him as she spoke, before pausing to take a sip and a bite.

"Oh and if there is any mud on your shoes, please remove the footwear and carry it up to your room, we do not want a trail of mud all the way up the stairs" Adrian interjected. "But I guess as you see the house we can identify any specifics as and when?"
 
Jamie looked between the two of them, uttering a slightly apprehensive laugh. He brushed his hair back with one hand, an unconsciously nervous gesture. Why would she go out of her way to mention girls? He didn't exactly make a secret of the fact that he was gay, but heteronormative assumptions might be an indicator of a heteronormative belief system. He didn't want to alienate his hosts. He was quickly coming to like these people, and if there was a chance they had a problem with homosexuality, he thought he'd rather not know.

"Well... I don't think you have to worry about any of those things," he said vaguely, looking down at his hands.

He suddenly felt ashamed of himself. He felt like he was hiding, and that simply wasn't him. Besides, it seemed impossible they wouldn't figure it out at some point while he was here, and if it was going to be an issue for them, it was probably best to get it on the table as soon as possible. At least a couple of the buttons he had stuck to his backpack had rainbow flags on them, for goodness' sake. Maybe Clare hadn't seen them, but Adrian could have when he'd put the backpack in the trunk of the car. He gave the man a quick glance, and then looked down again.

"I'm not the messy type," he clarified. "I'd only do music with earbuds. And I've never touched any smokes, and don't intend to. Same goes for girls."
 
.

Clare smiled, her hunch, she felt was right, he was at least bi-sexual or even gay. She remembered seeing the rainbow badges on the back of his day sack, and it started to fit.

He seemed to be interested in her husband, Adrian as well. She giggled as she remembered a time when a gay guy made a pass at him at a party before they started to date. When they first met, they both had partners and quickly became friends. It was only after they left university that they started to date.

"Well, that's good to hear" Clare commented, as Jamie mentioned the was a tidy individual.

And then his bombshell 'Same goes for girls'.

She was right.

Adrian completely missed the 'in conversation' between Clare and Jamie, and almost ignored his comment about girls, his flash to bang time was delayed in part as he was chewing on a piece of bread and cheese, and glanced at him; but decided to ignore it. But he had noticed the rainbow buttons and had pondered briefly.

"So Jamie, do you have a partner in Canada? Would he be interested in visiting?" asked Clare.

Adrian nodded in agreement, "Sure if you have any relatives or friends who want to stay, we have a spare room, as you'll see shortly."
 
Jamie turned even redder, even as a few knots of anxiety in him relaxed. Well, at least he didn't have to worry about these people being homophobes. It was almost hard to believe anyone could be so hospitable. His eyes cut back and forth between them.

"Cool," he chuckled. "You guys are pretty cool. But, uh... nah, I don't have anyone in particular. I doubt any of my friends could afford a flight anyway, and... well, some people, it's nice to have a break from, to be honest."

He suddenly felt a little bad for them. They couldn't have kids... maybe they were lonely?

He drained the rest of his water glass. "Anyway... I'm ready for the grand tour, whenever you are."
 
.

Clare giggled..

"So you're young free and single eh?" she stated in a teasing manner, "Well maybe I better warn the local boys that a cute guy is out to get them?"

Clare finished her coffee as she stood.

"Sure, Adrian why don't you show him around whilst I clear up in here?"

"Sound's a plan" he replied as he stood up.

"Well as we are in the kitchen, we can start in here."

Adrian walked past the kitchen bar area into the main Kitchen

"This is the kitchen area as you can see, and that door leads into the well-lit scullery/utility room."

As such, the kitchen is divided into two areas. The first area where you walk into has a large-ish oak table, large enough for six, and the larger area on the other side of a breakfast bar was the actual cooking and preparation area. The Breakfast bar had a couple of stools under one side. An observant person would see that there was an under bench double wine fridge, one side filled with wine, the other with English ales. On top of the breakfast bar close to a wall were a Kitchenaid Espresso machine and coffee bean grinder.

Beyond the breakfast bar, on one side was a window which looked over the decking area of the back garden in front of the conservatory, The window could be opened and used as a hatch if needed. On the opposite wall was the 5 place hob with a large Chinese wok style hobb in the middle, and various other kitchen ‘gadgets’.

With Jamie in tow, he entered the well lit scullery/utility room area, with a washing machine, a tumble dryer as well as an ironing board, and one of those modern expensive steam irons. In the corner was an upright freezer. An observant person would notice that the sun was just starting to shine into the suntrap, the garden facing West, southwest, it got the afternoon and evening sun pretty much from around 1 pm, depending on the time of year.

"Here's the washing machines, just ask us when you want one of us to show you how to use it, and there is also a dryer, but often dry our clothes outside on the old washing line."

He reached for the key and opened the back door into the garden, a path leading towards the decking area and conservatory, which was almost two floors high but tapering down very quickly.

"This is the garden, and with the weather as it is, we will be eating out here quite often; for a change!!"

"Any Questions?" Adrian asked, turning to face Jamie as they stood int he garden, the sun creeping over the roofs as the day progressed.
 
Last edited:
Jamie laughed and hid his blushing face in his hands at Clare's comments. "Really, I don't plan on any, uh... conquests. I'm sure you won't need to send out any warnings to the neighbourhood."

He tried not to giggle at her use of the word whilst, and thanked her for the snack before following after Adrian, looking over everything with fascination. His mouth dropped open at the sight of the greenhouse type structure in the back garden.

"Oh my god," he whispered. "Well... I feel like I shouldn't ask a question like this, but... you guys don't seem easily offended. Are you like... loaded, or what? Your place is just incredible."

He bit down forcibly on his tongue before asking if this was what life was like for people who didn't have kids. He knew it would have been rude, inappropriate, possibly even hurtful. Or maybe it would have just seemed like sour grapes from an ignorant kid who'd grown up with a mostly single mom in a not-at-all-glamourous apartment.
 
.

Oh my god," he whispered. "Well... I feel like I shouldn't ask a question like this, but... you guys don't seem easily offended. Are you like... loaded, or what? Your place is just incredible."

Adrian nodded his head from side to side. "No, were are not loaded, but nor do we need to worry about cash, as long as we are sensible. We both worked in London for almost 20 years before we left the rat race, and the property prices here at he time was not that great. So with savings a little inheritance, we bought this place rather ran down and did it up over time... Come, lets head into the living room."

Adrian retraced their steps back into the kitchen and beyond into the hallway and then the front room.

“This is the living room, with a home cinema set up, which I'll happily show you how to use if you want to use it whilst I'm, or we are out and about. What sort of music do you like?"

The Front living room was well lit by the large bay window that overlooked the street. There were both curtains and netting curtains, which only covered half way, as Adrian and Clare preferred to have them open unless they wanted some privacy. But as passerbuys had to look up, their view was thankfully limited. On the far wall was a set of fitted units made from cherry wood, with a symmetry around the centre line. There was a large 55 inch UHD TV with a central speaker placed underneath the TV. In the chest of drawers either side contained various DVDs, CDs and Blu-Ray discs, whilst the glass cupboards had various crystal glasses as well as other odds and sods. By the sides of the fitted unit were two large floor standing speakers, together with various wall mounted speakers. It was obvious that Adrian enjoyed his surround sounds. In the ceiling was a slot where a projector screen could be dropped, and on the opposite wall, there was a wall mounted projector.

Adrian turned and walked to the wooden doors, opening one to allow them to enter the dining room and conservatory beyond. The room was filled with a cherry wood coloured dining table large enough to sit eight, possibly ten if they are 'good friends'. On one side either side of the fireplace were more fitted units, matching the style in the front room, where crockery and other stuff was stored. The glass cupboards had more glasses as well as a liquor collection. At the back of the room, there was a sliding glass door that lead into the conservatory. There were a couple of large canvas photos on the wall.

“This is where Clare and I entertain, about once a month possibly twice depending on the time of year.”

The conservatory was also rather large with a high ceiling that reached past the first floor. If one looked up, there was a slight ‘overhang’ into the conservatory space, with glass bricks. In the corner was a Nikon DSLR mounted on a camera as well as a maroon/burgundy leather Edwardian Chaise lounge together with some other furniture, and a couple of ‘Phallic’ cactus and a large ‘Money Tree’ plant.

“Any Questions,” Adrian asked as he turned to look at Jamie again, the conservatory starting to get rather warm as the summer sun started to shine onto the conservatory.

As he looked at him, he had a sudden pang of curiosity, about Jamie, his sexuality. But he quickly dismised that curisoity as Jamie started to speak.
 
The home theatre system and sound system had Jamie practically drooling. He was so overwhelmed, getting so increasingly psyched about being here, that it took him a few moments to register the question about his music preferences.

"Oh, I... I'm pretty eclectic, I guess," he said musingly, eyeing the speakers. "I like a little bit of everything, except maybe like, rap and hip-hop type stuff. That's just irritating. And country. Ugh. But like, I listen to classic rock, I listen to indie folky stuff, I listen to classical, jazz, all sorts of things."

As he walked through the living room, he ran his fingertips over many smooth surfaces, and had a glance through the Blu-Ray collection and the bric-a-brac. When he spotted the projector, he couldn't keep back a low moan thinking of the epic movie nights he might get to enjoy while staying here.

When they reached the conservatory, Jamie's eyes widened. He spotted the camera in the corner, and looked over the furniture, wondering what exactly went on here. Grinning, he bounded up and splayed himself over the elegant-looking chaise, striking a dramatic pose.

"Is this for fancy pictures?" he giggled.
 
As Jamie posed on the Chaise Lounge, Adrian started to grin, thankfully the pose wasn't provocative.

"Is this for fancy pictures?" he giggled.

"Define Fancy!!" was Adrian's reply. "I'm a keen photographer as is Clare, and well I have started recently to explore portraiture work, but my main preference is landscapes and HDR."

"Why want some portraits taken?" he asked seriously.

At that moment Clare entered and saw Jamie on the Chaise...

"Don't get any ideas with Jamie" Clare stated with an obvious humorous edge in her voice, her lips were smiling brightly.
 
Jamie quickly sat up when Clare entered, feeling sheepish about his moment of playfulness. He bit his lip and adjusted his tank top, which was slightly big on him, and one strap had slid down his bare shoulder when he'd flopped down. He shrugged it back into place.

"I'm just being a goof," he chuckled, standing up and checking out the rest of the furniture for something else to focus on. "I don't know what I'd do with portraits of myself. I don't even like taking selfies."

He stole a glance at the two of them, and wondered if they took photos here of each other.
 
.

Clare had noticed that his loose top had slid off his shoulder, a look that looks sexy on many a girl, but in her mind didn't look quite right on Jamie, on a guy.

"Sorry to have interrupted gentlemen, but I was wondering if you wanted another drink?"

"Ohhh another coffee please" Adrian instantly answered; even though they had only been on the tour for ten minutes or so.

"And you Jamie?"

"Anyway basement next!"

After Jamie answered Clare, he led them through the other door into the hallway, opposite the door tot he basement under the stairs.where Adrian opened the door under the stairs before turning the light on.

“This is the Basement area. Mind the stairs…”

He went first, turning the lights on, as they headed downstairs to a large open area under the front living room, the area to under the dining room area was clearly locked.

There was some natural light coming in from the high window under the front bay area. On the wall was another large screen, and a Spin/Watt bike and a rower exercise machine. There was also an exercise mat and some dumbbells and kettle weights.

"There is an Apple TV which allows you to access YouTube for YouTube videos, or your music..." he turned to look at him as he had a thought and realised he ought to ask a question., "Are you an Apple or Android person?"

They spoke about the 'gym area' for a couple more minutes as he explained he and Clare often watched 'Fitness Blender' videos for some of his training. He completely ignored the locked door.

"Any questions?"
 
Jamie shook his head to the offer of another beverage. "I'm okay for now. Thank you so much."

He was curious as to what might possibly be in the basement. He pictured some sort of medieval dungeon converted into a wine cellar, but instead it was a pretty modern home gym.

"I feel like I'm supposed to choose a side, but have nothing against either Apple or Android," he responded to the question. "I'm currently in the Android court."

His eyes wandered around the space, and judging by the size of the house, there should have been a lot more basement. He spotted the closed door, and his first thought was laundry room, but he quickly remembered the washing facilities had been upstairs by the kitchen.

"What's in there?" he wondered.
 
.

"What's in there?" Jamie asked.

Adrian's reply was prompt. "Servers, and our storage area. When we had the attic converted into your room, we needed somewhere for the boxes etc. That area seemed to be as good as any."

His reaply was truthful at least in part.

"Ready to head upstairs?

He led Jamie backup to the ground floor and then upto the first floor.

"This is our floor, and is pretty much out of bounds apart from ascending or descending."

There was at the back of the house the door that leads to their office over the kitchen on the floor below. Cracks in the plaster suggest that there used to be a door into the room above the dining room. There were two other doors, one clearly in use, and the other blocked by a piece of Edwardian furniture with a vase filled with dried flowers. On the walls were more framed prints and canvas prints of various photographs, mostly landscape but a couple of Clare and other groups.

"Any Questions?"

He ascended up to the second floor. There, above his office was clearly a large bathroom including a water closet.

'That is the bath you can use should you ever wish to indulge in"

The next two rooms, he opened the doors.

“These are currently spare bedrooms. The front one ha some clutter but the back one is free, and should your relatives want to visit you, we are happy for them to use.”

Adrian then headed up the final set of stairs into what was once the loft, but now converted into an attic 'studo flat'.

And there is the Attic floor, your room.

Adrian turned and led Jamie up the final set of stairs and into the attic room,as he opened the door with the key in the lock. The flights of stairs and hallways had more photographs hanging up, not overly ostentatious, but clearly, he enjoyed photography. On the other floors, there were more landscape and even a few arty black and white photos. Many on close examination would have his name on the bottom right corner of the photograph.

He entered the room first, where he had already placed the large suitcase on a trunk style piece of furniture at the bottom of the 3/4 bed. The bed was obviously made with brand new bedding, the wrapping still in the waste bin in the corner, together with another spare set on the bed. In one corner, there was a small kitchenette with a small fridge and electric cooker, as well as a kettle and a worktop, with overhead cupboard space. First impressions of the room would be that it resembles a studio flat, with an open plan area including the kitchen area, the bed, and along one wall fitted wardrobes, which lead to a desk area including a couple of network points. Secured to the wall above the desk, and clearly visible from the bed and seating area is a small flat screen TV. Above the bed was a skylight in the sloping ceiling with an electric blackout blind.

Next to the kitchen is a door into a bathroom containing a sink, power shower and toilet.

"So here is your room. The kitchenette area is for when we rent the room to Post Grad students in the year. Obviously, you can use it if you want to, but we would like you to free to eat with us downstairs." he offered as he stepped aside to allow him to enter.

"Through there" pointing to the bathroom "is your bathroom, shower, toilet and sink. Again, there is a bath downstairs as I’ve already mentioned that you can use. Any Questions?" he asked as he started to walk around the room, opening cupboards and the like.
 
Back
Top