The Chosen

Lucy grinned as he seemed distracted, using that to take her swing and smacked him hard in the right arm. "Victory's also about paying attention!," She laughed, winking at him as she took up the sword again.

She knew that training was about learning and intended to keep her safe- as well as protecting the vampire line- but without a sense of humor at some points in time, she was sure she'd go insane. She readied to take another swing, watching his eyes to see what he was planing to do, staring at those dark, mysterious, hypnotizing orbs that just...
...What was she doing again?
 
Vince's eyes narrowed and he looked the small girl up and down. Nice body, little uptight looking, but that could be great cover. He smiled letting just the barest hint of his fangs show. "You are close, young Chosen." He stepped toward the door and held out his hand. He held it in such a way that if she closed the door he would be able to knock it back and enter her dorm anyway. "My name is Vince and I offer my services to you young one, so that your skills may jump into the fray of the great war." HE said, each word was careful and easy.
 
She swore she saw pointed teeth like a dog's, but that was impossible. Vampires don't exist.


"You are close, young Chosen."

"My name is Vince and I offer my services to you young one, so that your skills may jump into the fray of the great war."


He had to be just another crazy person. A thief or a rapist..She began walking backwards slowly getting away from the door.


"Look I don't know what you're talking about, but if you want money.. I really don't have anything... You can have anything, just don't hurt or rape me.."


She backed into a table of books.
 
"Victory's also about paying attention!,"

A small sting rang through his arm from the impact. He showed teeth in his smile, his fangtips showing over his bottom lip, bringing his swordtip up again. He made him laugh. There wasn't much left in the world that made Gabriel laugh anymore.

Spacing his feet apart wider, he began to shift his weight from leg to leg, his firery red hair weaving like a torch back and forth in front of her. The sword was in a relaxed posture, the tip tilting downward slightly, almost asking for an attack. Adding a touch of his vampiric power to his movements, Gabriel's image began to leave tracers in the dim light, the hair hanging loosly from his head almost glowing in the darkness.

Moving foreword with a superhuman quickness, Gabriel slid his leg in between Lucy's knees, sliding her up on his thigh. His sword came up behind hers, trapping the blade and twisting the hilt against her wrist, pulling it free from her grip, letting it clutter to the ground. A smile spread across his lips.
 
Draken stood over a technician in the lab in his building. The technician was going over translated copies of some of the oldest known written works of vampires, trying to figure out what Draken had been sensing from them. The technician was used to the strangeness, as he was one of many who knew the truth. They all protected him, as he had refused to feed on a single human life throughout his existence. That was why hs former servants had built up the business empire. They spent much time studying the ancient texts, but could only find vague references to children of vampires.
 
Lucy watched him, giving a soft grumble to herself as he seemed to blur from her vision. "Oh, that's not fair.. Would the brotherhood move like that?," she hissed, the soft outline harder to pinpoint as he darted before the light, staying in one spot for a few seconds before quickly darting to the next.
She took a swing at where she figured he'd be- and missed, finding herself resting on his leg and her wooden sword clanking to the ground beside them as he twisted the hilt from her hand. She gave a soft shiver as she realized where she had actually ended up, staring up at him with wide eyes, swallowing hard. "I- I wasn't expecting that," She said softly.
 
"I- I wasn't expecting that,"

"Nay I imagine ye weren't" He smiled down into her eyes. He was used to this position. Some vampires prefered to creep up behind their prey before they fed, but Gabriel wanted to watch their eyes. There was power in a person's eyes, and learning to read and control that power was one of the keys to Gabriel's skill. He liked watching the light fade from someone's eyes, stopping just before their life left their bodies.

"And to be fair, I've seen some Brother'ood members move faster, some slower. It's just fun is all" He grinned at her.

One hand still clutched his sword, but what suprised him was his other arm had found its way around her slim waist, encircling her and holding her in place. Holding her like this Gabriel became aware of a small vein running down her elegant, graceful neckline. His vampire eyes saw the sweet crimson that rushed through her heated veins and for the first time, he found himself wondering what her flesh would taste like. If her were to wrap her around him and drink deeply from her, her essence flowing into him. Even more he wondered what it would feel like if she were to feed from him...

Releasing her gently, Gabriel bent to a knee and retrieved the sword, offering it back to his student.

"Yer form looks cleaner but I don't see the aggression yet Luce. Ye had yer openin but ye went fer an arm shot. Wouldn'tda finished me, nor a Brotherhood" Gabriel began to circle again.
 
Lucy's heart raced as he stared down at her, that soft smile resting on his lips. To anyone else, that look may have been terrifying, being one of the last things they saw from a vampire's mouth... but to her, it was intoxicating, only adding to those strong feelings she held for him. With his hand resting on her hip, his arm holding her to him, she just stared at his eyes, trying to figure out what was going on in that mind of his.

After a few moments, he eased her off of his leg, handing the sword back to her and starting his pacings once again. She was confused... but held the sword at ready, even more curious as to what he had been thinking about.

"How am I supposed to fight you with aggression if I don't have any?," She asked, lowering the sword a bit. "Its... its hard for me to build any of that towards you."
 
"How am I supposed to fight you with aggression if I don't have any? Its... its hard for me to build any of that towards you."

"Aye I know Luce. Yer a sweet and gentle girl, ye 'ave been since ye were a child" Gabriel threw a couple loose, easy cuts with his sword, keeping his motions open and flowing. Holding the weapon lightly in one hand, he rained down shots from different angles, testing the points of his student's defenses.

"And I've no problem with you never 'avin to kill anyone, but that choice ain't ours anymore" He sidestepped and chopped downward, feeling the comforting vibration as his weapon collided with hers. Pressing his weapon against hers, he leaned his weight foreword.

"An with the Brother'ood so close, I canna promise I can protect you 24/7 Luce. And I can't stand the thought of one of those basterds gettin a hand on ye"

Gabriel leaned back and swung a shot at her legs. He had meant that more then he intended to. True, he was her guardian and it was his duty to protect her life no matter the cost. But the thought of any actual harm coming to his Lucy...it was too much.

"Now tell me, ye've been studin' myths and our legends, how do ye go about killing a Brother'hood Aasimar?"
 
Julius sighed. THe midterm was as bad as he feared. he hadn't really studied the night before, not that he'd had much choice, he was up for most of the night communicating with the rotherhood. Apparently there was a lot of supernatural activity in the area. They had pinpointed activity from at least two full blooded vampires and one chosen. Lucy Devon. He recognized the name, though he couldn't say from where. One of these ridiculious classes he was supposed to take for a Theology major he assumed. Ah well, He'd look more into everything later. He also had to check on that one other, might be she was just a gifted athlete, but it didn't hurt to be thorough. Oh well... back to work. He looked over the test with disgust, stood up and turned it in half completed. At least he had Calculus next period...
 
FenixZero said:
"Aye I know Luce. Yer a sweet and gentle girl, ye 'ave been since ye were a child..."

Lucy smiled, though kept her eyes focused on where his sword was headed. She blocked most of them, though a few managed to slip by, landing hard against her shoulder and her ribs. She gave a hard grunt as they hit, though fought back any pain they may have caused. "I wouldn't say I'm that sweet, Gabe.. I just- find it so hard to hurt someone..."

FenixZero said:
"And I've no problem with you never 'avin to kill anyone, but that choice ain't ours anymore. An with the Brother'ood so close, I canna promise I can protect you 24/7 Luce. And I can't stand the thought of one of those basterds gettin a hand on ye..."

She paused at that. The way he said it was more than just a protector's worry... Her hesitance got her into trouble once again, his sword catching her in the thigh and causing her to give a soft yelp.She whinced, rubbing it and cursing herself for not paying attention.

FenixZero said:
"Now tell me, ye've been studin' myths and our legends, how do ye go about killing a Brother'hood Aasimar?"

She looked him over, then used her sword to guesture to the main points. "For mortals in the brotherhood... The heart-" She rested the tip of her sword against his chest, then glided it up to the side of his neck. "The main artery, or completely taking his head... A major wound to an appendage..."
She stepped back, holding the sword down. "As for those blessed or with angelic blood- a wound to the heart will slow them.... and a beheading is the best way to deal with them." She paused, thinking of what else she had read. "A mortal in the brotherhood can be bitten and drained, but in moderation. Angelic blood should not be touched... it burns a fullblood vampire."
She took a deep breath, remembering a few things she had learned in her classes. "May 4th. Saint George's day... Oh, waht was it- On the eve of St George's Day, when the clock strikes midnight, all the evil in the world will have full sway..." She looked to him.
 
OCC: Hope I'm not jarring the thread too much. Here's my proposed character. Let me know if it's approved.

Name: Bartholomew "Bart" Harker
Age: 19
Height : 5' 10"
Weight: 195 pounds of whipcord muscle
Hair: Black, though he is starting to gray prematurely like all Harker men
Eyes: Blue
Major: Criminal Justice
Minor: Mythology
Species: Human (unknown to everyone, he is techinically Chosen)

Bart Harker has trained his entire life to be a vampire hunter. His mind, body, and spirit have been relentlessly and sometimes brutally tested and molded into close to peak human performance. Well, his body has at least. His mind isn't quite as disciplined (read: obedient) as the Brotherhood would like. He doesn't trust the organization, and vice versa. Bart is actually the first Harker to belong to the Brotherhood, his parents and grandparents were schooled in the art by the legendary Van Helsing.

The Harkers history with vampires is well known thanks to Bram Stoker, his account published as fiction to inform the wise about what had happened to one of the world's most powerful vampires. What is less known is that Mina Harker's first child was by Dracula, not her husband. Though the line has been 100% human since then, Bart does carry a trace of vampire blood in his veins, unknown to all, though some might be able to detect it.

Bart is dedicated to protecting humans from vampires, which he belives means the extermination of all vampires. They exist, innocent people die. All vampires dead, innocent people live, is the logic he follows. He is not necessarily devoted to the Brotherhood however.

He is skilled in both armed and unarmed combat, all manner of firearms, small unit tactics, acrobatics, and knows a great deal about the capabilites of vampires. However, he is human, and has no special powers. Just good gear, great training, true faith and devotion, and little fear.
 
Vince understood the girl's panic. She must have been sheltered her whole live from her true destiny. Living amoung the humans alone could have that effect on a person. If you didn't know nor believe in what creatures you have come from.

He smiled and held out his hands as he stepped through the doorway. "I am not here to do either of those hideous acts. I am here to teach and protect you. Nothing more." He moved toward her but stopped when his foot was about to step into the sunlight that came through her window still. HE looked down at it and mentally cursed the inconveince of the blasted sun.

After frowning a moment he looked back up at the frightened girl and smiled. "Please." He said softly. "I have much to teach you, and there is little time before your true change. You will need me around when your bloodlust awakens. Your powers already are manifesting, it wont be long now." His smile widened. "Unless every young woman can hop into two story windows." He said.
 
"I am not here to do either of those hideous acts. I am here to teach and protect you. Nothing more."


"I have much to teach you, and there is little time before your true change. You will need me around when your bloodlust awakens. Your powers already are manifesting, it wont be long now."


"Unless every young woman can hop into two story windows."


She took in a deep breath. Although she sensed no malice from him, she was still a little scared. What was he saying? Was he that she was..


"How.. How do you know about me..and the window.. The door was locked.... I didn't really think I would make it to the top, but somehow.. Perhaps you could tell me why I've been having such weird dreams and why I'm wide awake at night."


Maybe she was pushing it.. There was still a chance he was a psycho..



"I'll shut the shades if you can answer my questions.."
 
Last edited:
Vince bowed slightly and backed away from the beam of sunlight on the floor. "But of course." He said. "Your dreams...violent bloody dreams, am I right? They stem from your demon blood awkening and burning its way into your mind." He sensed her tense up. "Don't be afraid of it. It is as much a part of you as your foot or your arm is. IT will bring you no harm." He stood very still almost stone still as he awaited his words to sink into her.

She would accept them, accept who she was, what she was to become, or he was wasting his time and her mind would explode from the stress of fighting itself.
 
"But of course." He said. "Your dreams...violent bloody dreams, am I right? They stem from your demon blood awkening and burning its way into your mind."

"Don't be afraid of it. It is as much a part of you as your foot or your arm is. IT will bring you no harm."


She took another deep breath and realized that it made sense. It made sense that she wouldn't be completely human. There was not a person she'd ever heard of that could stay awake all night then get up and go through their day on about 3 hours of sleep. On weekdays she'd sleep most the day and stay up all night. She remembered scaring her mom one time as a child. Her parents thought there were burglars in the house and were shocked to find her running about and watching late night television. She sighed and closed the curtains tightly.


"If I am what you say.. Then how is it that I can walk in the daylight? Yes my dreams have been odd and yes there has been blood in them once or twice, but that doesn't prove I'm a.. a.."



Her glasses had sunken down to almost the tip of her nose and she quickly pushed them back up to their normal sitting place.



"Look, I don't exactly look the part do I? Perhaps you've made a mistake.. I mean there's some goths down the hall.. They look more atuned to the darkness then I.."



Then she really thought about it.. Her parents had tried to christen her as a baby and she'd cried and cried as small burns started appearing on her body. They'd had to remove her from the area just as quickly as she had entered.. The priest thought her to be the antichrist or something after that and her family wasn't welcome there after that. They'd tried to hide it from her, but she'd found a newspaper clipping on it..
 
Last edited:
Vince stepped toward her and with a smooth motion, more like a snake than a man, he took her glasses off her nose. She had beautiful eyes. He smiled and watched her blink, then by some miracle her vison not only focused but became a hundred times sharper than it had ever been before.

"Because you are Chosen. A vampire breed meant to defend us normal vampires. As Chosen you can walk out in the day and at night you are far stranger then a normal vampire like myself. However your powers are slower to develop than a regular vampire. Which is why I am here. You may go through stages of extreme weakness followed by stages of unbelievable stages and back again until your body rebalences itself." He moved back and tossed her glasses into a trash bin that sat next to her desk. Then he turned his gaze back to her.

"Your change is soon. No later than tonight. Maybe early in the morning but no sooner, then you will have to feed." He warned her.
 
Julius had finished his test and decided it was time to actually do some of hte things the Brotherhood sent him here to do. His primary task was to investigate the name he had been given. He tracked down Lucy's dorm number and approached the room, sending his senses out to feel if there was any danger. The room felt abandoned and as he opened the door he could see she wasn't there. Still, he needed any information he could get on her, so he searched through her room, being careful to put everything back the way she had found it. She was big into mythology apparently. Perhaps on the job training rather than academic pursuit. Still there was nothing to suggest she was Chosen, but the Brotherhood was rarely wrong about these things. He would have to find her later, observe her interactions, her comings and goings. He sighed. Nothing was ever easy.

He still had that other girl to check out. Maybe she was just a natrual acrobat but Julius had trouble believing it. He had seen her around school before, hell she had even made a mess out of his nice school clothes with one of her many accidents because she had no coordination. Even if she wasn't Chosen there was something special with her that deserved investigating. Maybe she was a shapeshifter, or a Loup-Garou or any other manner of supernatural being disguising itself as humanity. In any case he had to check. Finding the building he had came by earlier he located the room into which he had seen her jump. He strained his senses again and this time was shocked by what he discovered. There were two presences in the room, one was... shifting, as if going through some sort of transformative process... but the other was what had him concerned. Vampire. Swearing loudly he ran to the front door, pulling on it before noticing the "Closed for painting" sign. Making sure no one was looking he summoned his strength and blew the doors off the hinges with a kick. Running up the flight of stairs he came skidding to a halt outside her dorm, drawing his two pistols, kissing the barrels and saying a silent blessing of protection.

BAM! He kicked her door in, his two pistols drawing beads on the vampire, he squeezed the triggers. And missed, his shots going wide as the vampire dodged to the side, fast as a snake.
 
Her eyes widened. Who the hell was this guy and why had broken through her door? That was going to take a fortune to replace.



"Who the heck are you and why did you break my door?"
 
OOC: MusicanKane, Mephistophelily laid out the abilities information on the Chosen on the first page, may want to take a look before telling your charge she'll be stronger than a normal vampire and what not.
 
As Vince dodge the bullets from the attacker he roared over his shoulder. "OUT THE WINDOW! GO!" He cried.

With lightning speed suprise his advantage. The brotherhood member had not expected to find a full blood vamprie here. He darted forward slapping the guns wide and he slammed his fists into the man's chest sending him flying back into the hallway wall hard enough that the hall cracked leaving a perfect impression of the man's body in the plaster.

Vince didn't wait, he glanced over and made sure that the girl had done as he said. Time was short, the man would not be phased by his attack for long and Vince couldn't truely fight him here, with the sun still up.
 
Julius felt the vampire hit him and he went flying backwards. He summoned his strength as he flew and set his feet to receive the impact. he nailed the wall hard and kicked off, transfering his motion forward to fly towards the vampire. He caught him in the chest with a hard knee, smashing the monster back against the wall. Julius backpedaled quickly, trying to put some room between him and the vampire as he searched for his weapons, cursing when he realized he'd lost them when he smashed into the hallway wall.
 
Last edited:
(OOC: And if you paid attention I said you were effected by the attack much. Your guy would simply get up and we'd fight. I merely did that so the girl could escape. Don't get anal and uptight on me dude because I don't fucking dig that shit.)
 
She jumped out of the window and landed on her feet once more. She began running and didn't stop till she'd gotten a few blocks away from the college panting. She leaned against the wall of a building and slid to the ground.


"Why does everything have to be so confusing..?" she thought.


OOC: We'll wait for Mephistophelily to come back and sort this out.. Don't get discouraged or pissed at eachother. Save it for the rp fights.. Until then I'm gonna go take a quick shower.. and come back.. We really need an OOC thread for this..
 
Last edited:
Back
Top