Spotlight on Mac98

When you're at the store and the cashier asks "paper or plastic", do you care? What do you think of to reach your decision?
 
Thank you.

I've thought of some more :D

Are you a die-hard hockey fan and what's your team?

How often do you watch movies per week?

Do you speak any other languages? What language would you like to learn and why?

You mentioned writing. Do you best express yourself in written word or some other form?

And my favourite de la semaine: If you could change something about the society in which you live, what would it be and why?

Thank you :kiss:
 
If you wrote an autobiography and it was picked up for a movie contract, who would be the most appropriate person to play you? Not who would you want most, but the person, besides yourself that you see playing the part most closely to resembling your life.


Before I answer, can anyone tell me how I can quote multiple times in the same post? It would be quite convinient for this spotlight that's soon about to end...

Now, if a movie about me was made, I'd probably, first of all, ask for Oliver Stone (Natural Born Killers, Born on the Fourth of July) or Frank Darabont (The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption) to direct it. Physically, I'd pick a guy like Ashton Kutcher to play me (and I mean not to brag when I say that, I just have a bit of the same facial traits as he does) but unfortunately (or fortunately) I hate his guts! So I'd pass on that... but as an actor, I'd probably see a guy like Joaquin Phoenix or a younger Tim Robbins (say 20 years younger) to play me. They seem like two guys who'd know how to play a character like myself.


Typical Devient: When asked "Would you like paper or plastic", I usually just answer "Yes, please" and get a kick out of the insueing 'awkward' moment before finally going for plastic. I don't usually buy in bulk or huge quantities at a time, so buying paper would be a waste. But even more often, I usually just carry it all in my arms till I get to the car. I don't like wasting paper OR plastic... both bad for the environment... and I watch out for my Mother Earth the best I can.


FB: 1) I'm beyond a die hard hockey fan and even a bigger habs fan. I despise Boston and Toronto with a passion and damn well blow a heart attack everytime Montreal scores a goal I get so excited. GO HABS GO!!!

2) I watch movies every chance I get... from unknown classics like "Polyester" or the original "Dawn of the Dead" to more famous classics like "Natural Born Killers", "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" or "Philadelphia". My number one all time favorite, however, is Shawshank Redemption. It's the only movie that I've shed a tear to... and I feel somewhat shallow when I say that...

3) Yes, I'm fluent in both french and english. My parents are both french canadians, so they taught me french and learned english from being raised in Canada around english speaking people. And if I could, I'd learn to speak whatever language they speak in Eastern Europe... I guess russian, but I can't be sure... it's just that there's a shoot load of songs and movies from there I wish I could understand. I would also love to be able to talk with a british accent whenever I pleased... I'm still working on it.

4) I usually express myself best through music. I've been writing poetry for the longest time, but nothing heals me more than playing my guitar.

5) I could go on for days, but if I could change anything in this society, I'd replace the monetary system with a natural-ressource based economy. If I could change more, I'd abolish every single form of power, but maintain rule and composure. I think once you get greed and power out of the way, man becomes a much more welcoming and friendly creature. So ixnay with the money and ixnay with the power.
 
Before I answer, can anyone tell me how I can quote multiple times in the same post? It would be quite convinient for this spotlight that's soon about to end...

Yup.

At the bottom of each post, you see this button
multiquote_off.gif
. You click that button on all the posts that you want to quote and then press the
reply.gif
button. Voila, multiple quoted post.


FB: 1) I'm beyond a die hard hockey fan and even a bigger habs fan. I despise Boston and Toronto with a passion and damn well blow a heart attack everytime Montreal scores a goal I get so excited. GO HABS GO!!!

I knew there's a reason I liked you :D
 
Last edited:
Hooray hockey fans!! (Go Wings!)

I know what you mean about not wanting either. On the one hand, paper bags are handy for bundling newspapers and magazines for recycling while plastic bags make good trash bags, wet clothes bags, etc. I tend to ask for whatever I'm short of but I should probably start brining a cloth bag.
 
Mais oui! It's a prerequisite for being able to live in Montreal. :D

That's awesome. I've been to a few of their games in the last 2 years (I got the tickets free, obviously, since they cost a year's savings!) and was in awe at the energy. I was there the season they finished first in the East when Kovy notched his 84-point season. It was the last game of the year against the Leafs and we won 3-1... the crowd was hysterical for about 5 minutes after the 3rd period ended. We were all chanting "Kovy! Kovy! Kovy!" and the players lifted their sticks to us (no pun intended) from the center of the ice. I felt high and yet was 100% sober. Unfortunately, the team entered a shit storm last season. It was hard to watch. I hope Price can start acting like a pro a bit more this season...



Hooray hockey fans!! (Go Wings!)

I know what you mean about not wanting either. On the one hand, paper bags are handy for bundling newspapers and magazines for recycling while plastic bags make good trash bags, wet clothes bags, etc. I tend to ask for whatever I'm short of but I should probably start brining a cloth bag.


Your wings really blew it in game 7. I hate the Pens (because I hate Sid "the skid" Crosby) and had 20$ riding on that game... you guys let me down! I lost a lot of respect for the Wings because of that...

As for paper/plastic, cloth is usually a safer bet, though I have yet to buy my own. But 50% of the time, I just carry the items in my arms since I don't usually buy that much... and that beats plastic, paper AND cloth... :D
 
mac, i have a few more questions:

1. in your short time on lit, what would you say is the most useful thing you've learned?

2. what are your political views? :D

ed
 
mac, i have a few more questions:

1. in your short time on lit, what would you say is the most useful thing you've learned?

2. what are your political views? :D

ed


1. Without a doubt, it was the help and advice I got when it came to this whole story about me and my friends... I think you're in on it, but if not, I'm referring to both my "Seeking Advice" threads here on How To. I still ask myself a million questions and am still confused with everything that's happened in the past 3 or 4 years of my life, but it did help... a lot.

2. I'm neither conservative or liberal, I think they're 2 peas in a pod. If it were up to me, I'd abolish any system of ruling or money. I'd abolish any form of power or anything that gives one man authority over an other. My political views are more practical than political.

I vote... but usually for the green party. It's a dead party, but at least I'm voting...
 
Hi Mac, I read through both of your threads seeking advice on your friends. It was actually what attracted me to the HT section in the first place. I know it's a little too soon to tell, but how are things going so far in that situation? Do you feel any sense of closure?
 
Hi Mac, I read through both of your threads seeking advice on your friends. It was actually what attracted me to the HT section in the first place. I know it's a little too soon to tell, but how are things going so far in that situation? Do you feel any sense of closure?


Well, my mind is occupied... but like you said, I don't think it's been long enough. She still lingers in my mind all the time and I'm still as confused as I was when I left. I haven't spoken to either of them... at all... since I had supper there before I left and a part of me still wishes I had said something. I'm giving myself a year before I do spill the beans.. hopefully I'll have moved on by then and won't have to say anything at all. In the meantime, I hang out with my neighbors who seem like an ok group, but I can't say I've met anyone interesting enough to shift my attention away from all the goins-on I left back home.

Thanks for asking, though :)
 
Your wings really blew it in game 7. I hate the Pens (because I hate Sid "the skid" Crosby) and had 20$ riding on that game... you guys let me down! I lost a lot of respect for the Wings because of that...

Trust me, all of Michigan was just as let down as you were, if not more so. Cindy is a whiny bitch and didn't help much in the Pens win that night. But hell, he helped them get there... I'm excited for the season to start soon, but I really can't wait for next year, when there is a new Stanley Cup winner and they stop talking about Cindy.

/hockey rage off
 
You're not alone in the "STFU, Sidney" group. We're all sick of his "I'm the greatest" attitude and his cheap shot game and his incapacity to not cry like a fucken child whenever he loses the puck.

Seriously, Sid... just stfu... Ovi's better than you, you're NOT the greatest (And if Ovi isn't, then Malkin is..)
 
Wow... reading this almost 9 years later is certainly an incredible blast from the past. It's crazy how much has changed (and how much has remained the same haha).

This was really neat, though. Nostalgia 101.
Brings back a lot of memories. And what was once considered "difficult times" I now look back very fondly on. Simpler times...

I would be curious to see how much my answers to the questions asked would be different today. Certainly was an interesting read.

Man this was cool!
 
Back
Top