Spotlight on Mac98

MisterSir

Internet Detective
Now, you may be wondering "who the fuck is mac98 and why do I give a shit?", albeit with less profanity and, in truth, I don't have much of a clue myself. His name appears to be Mac. He has some woman troubles. This is all I know of him myself. Hence, we are now going to shine the harsh spotlight of reality on this man and see what secrets lurk in his shadowy areas.

However, before I let everybody else have at him, I have to ask - what is wrong with you, Mac? Christian Bale was the best Batman and eight out of ten cats agree on that point, so please explain your love for Michael Keaton.

i like your choice here for subjects, mistersir. despite his abysmal taste in batman actors :D i think mac's a decent sort. :>

so, to begin, my usual battery of questions.

1. what is your favorite word?
2. what is your least favorite word?
3. what turns you on [creatively, spiritually or emotionally]?
4. what turns you off?
5. what is your favorite curse word?
6. what sound or noise do you love?
7. what sound or noise do you hate?
8. what profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
9. what profession would you not like to do?
10. if heaven exists, what would you like to hear god say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

ed

Hey, thanks for giving me this fine opportunity to introduce myself. I'd first like to thank the academy. My mom, dad and brother for supporting me... Oh, and Frank Darabont and Stephen King for introducing the world to Shawshank Redemption. Thank you.

MisterSir: Why do I hate Bale so much and why do I love Keaton so much? It's a complexe answer veiled by a simple one. I lost a lot of respect for Bale when he snapped. I also thought Batman Begins was a horrible movie that, to my knowledge, wasn't very accurate to the real Batman story. In the end, I love Keaton because "Batman" was my favorite movie as a kid. I thought he had the perfect voice, face and facon-d'etre to be batman. Let's face it, he played a mild-mannered, humble, somewhat-introvert Bruce Wayne and a heroic Batman.

As for the joker, however, Heath Ledger's performance was, in my opinion, the best I've seen in a damn long time. However, Jack Nicholson will forever be the TRUE joker in my book. I saw the first Batman (by Tim Burton) when I was a kid... before I could even remember and watched it day in and day out along with Indiana Jones. Perhaps that's the only reason why, but acting-wise, I really think Keaton owned Bale.

Silverwhiper:

1. Tough one, but probably whore... or cunt... or whorecunt. Wait, no, come to think of it, my favorite word is probably "Nirvana". It sounds beautiful (and i'm not kidding at all).

2. Bark. I don't like it. I'm sure we could've come up with a better word than that.

3. I never thought about it... probably intelligence. I can't stand women who know nothing about nothing... or very little about a lot. It may sound cliche, but the hottest body and the nicest face won't attract me if I hear: "Like, you know, whatever!" or if I can't debate, converse or interact with the person.

4. Dumb, close-minded people. But more so, I cannot stand manipulative, egotistical princesses and more often than not, I get caught up in their mind games. It's revolting.

5. Fuck... though I usually pronounce it "fugg" and drag the "g"... as if I'm saying it very lazily. It's a habbit I seemed to have picked up.

6. Music and running water. I have a stream that runs down to a lake at my lake house and the sound of it at night or in the morning in beautiful.

7. Lawn mowers and whinning kids... either one irritates me.

8. I'd enjoy playing in a band. Touring the world, having that type of influence over people... I play guitar, though none of my friends ever wanted to form a band, so I know it'll never come true... but oh how I wish it would...

9. Barrymore: "I wouldn't like burning monkeys"
Lipton: "Nor they you." (haha sorry, it's from SNL's Best of Will Ferrell)

I wouldn't like being a garbage man... at all.

10. This is what would happen: God would step down from his throne, bow, and say "You have returned to reign the heaven's. Welcome back, oh lord."

Mac.

And thanks again for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself. I was just about to give up on Lit (due to the overwhelming number of assholes) until I discovered the HT community, so I'm happy to show you all who I am.

I don't really understand all of the Bale hate because of his "episode". My understanding of the story is this: The guy he was yelling at was being a rude and inconsiderate co-worker, walking behind the camera unnecessarily, etc. Bale called him out and asked him to stop a few times. The guy kept doing it. Bale snapped. Should Bale have snapped? Probably not, but that guy deserved it by all accounts.

/Also, being a garbage man would suck.

I don't really understand all of the Bale hate because of his "episode". My understanding of the story is this: The guy he was yelling at was being a rude and inconsiderate co-worker, walking behind the camera unnecessarily, etc. Bale called him out and asked him to stop a few times. The guy kept doing it. Bale snapped. Should Bale have snapped? Probably not, but that guy deserved it by all accounts.

/Also, being a garbage man would suck.

I put myself in Bale's shoes, I probably would have done the same, but he just sounded like a retard (from the footage or excerpt I've heard). Besides, he's a profesionnal, he's gotta' keep his composure. I'm sure the director or cameraman or whatnot could've/should've/would've said something. You think a guy like Jim Carey or Keanu Reeves would've exploded like that? I highly doubt it...

Most great actors tend to stay more low key (Tom Hanks, Robbin Williams, Brad Pitt... with the exception of Russel Crowe). I think it was arrogant on Bale's part... my personal opinion though and not all share it.

Mac98 said:
or whorecunt.
Or whunt? :D
And thanks again for giving me the opportunity to introduce myself. I was just about to give up on Lit (due to the overwhelming number of assholes) until I discovered the HT community, so I'm happy to show you all who I am.
Glad you decided to stay around. It's tough as hell to break into a community when everyone already seems to know everyone else. And when you add the asshats into the mix. . .

I'll be back with questions when I think of some.

I'm gonna back him up on the Keaton over Bale as Batman, not to say either was better than the other, Bale was pretty good in the story he was given, or not given as the case may be.

I liked Keaton better because Tim Burtons Batman was Batman, same look as the comic books. I mean the whole thing just works on all levels, the new batman movies are different, they went for a real life look but not a feel. I mean seriously, the new batman movies have the feel of a comic book with the spots of story and gaps between, and look of real life. Personally I'd rather have Tim Burtons version of Batman. :rolleyes:

Course if you guys want to see Batman being Batman and not some doofus boys corruption pick up Batman: Arhkham Asylum. It, just like Tim Burton's version, is just like the comic and well dang I really like the look of Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, though I do miss her body suit. Course there is one thing some of you may not like, Batman has the same look as Keaton did facially at least, the suit is different. Much more Batman like. :D

What would you have tattooed in the 'convo box'?

nqv0-my-silly-random.jpg

Micheal Cera is awesome. I used to watch Arrested Development all the time when it was on.

and emap, I guess you're right, perhaps Keaton had more to work with. The Burton version was obviously far better (at least in my opinion) but I still think Keaton resembled Batman more than Bale did. I didn't like how Bale kept lowering his voice when he was in his batman costume... it made him sound like he had throat cancer or something...

lol and Cathleen, I have no idea what the box is pointing to... and I'm not in my creative zone right now, so I'll just go with: "Michael Keaton was my favorite Batman" ...sounds like something someone would want to tattoo into a little conversation box on his arm...

I will ask One simple question (one i could probably not be able to answer myself , i like music way too much)

What is your one all time favorite song.

I will ask One simple question (one i could probably not be able to answer myself , i like music way too much)

What is your one all time favorite song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cotPold2mG8

Without a doubt in my mind, this is by far my all-time favorite song... ever.

However, there are perhaps a double dozen other songs I could include if I were to make a list (Nirvana's "Sappy", Bob Dylan's "Like A Rolling Stone" just to name a few) but this one stands out from the rest.

It's from the movie "Last Days" by Gus Van Sant... a film based more than loosely on the last days of Kurt Cobain... (Main character, Blake, played by Michael Pitt, lead singer of Pagoda)

Good question.

I had never "heard" of it, I was looking for a place to write stories of that nature in and happened across Lit. I thought Lit was there for stories only, but soon noticed there was a forum too.

I visited the forum and saw some interesting threads so I started getting involved in the forums... though soon realized even adults can be low-class, hostile morons... luckily, I found the HT world before choosing to leave...

Hello Mac!

How do you relax? What you do when you feel overwhelmed by your thoughts?

What's the one superpower you wish you could have?

What is your favourite terrible movie?

That's it for now? ;)

<snip>

lol and Cathleen, I have no idea what the box is pointing to... and I'm not in my creative zone right now, so I'll just go with: "Michael Keaton was my favorite Batman" ...sounds like something someone would want to tattoo into a little conversation box on his arm...

That was the second question, damnit.

So, now who or what is saying "Michael Keaton was my favorite Batman?"

Have any of your die hard concepts or thoughts changed as you have gotten older?

Would you like to expand on that?

Why not?

If you got to live yesterday over again with full recall, what, if anything, would you change?

Last edited:
I don't have time to answer all questions right now, sorry, but would like to ask quoll what "with full recall" means? and by "yesterday", do you mean August 30th or do you mean the last years of my life...?

I don't have time to answer all questions right now, sorry, but would like to ask quoll what "with full recall" means? and by "yesterday", do you mean August 30th or do you mean the last years of my life...?

The day before today (today being the day you answer the question when ever that may be), that's all, just the one day.

Full recall simply means you remember everything that happened that day rather than just starting over from scratch (think Groundhog day I suppose).

Hello Mac!

How do you relax? What you do when you feel overwhelmed by your thoughts?

What's the one superpower you wish you could have?

What is your favourite terrible movie?

That's it for now? ;)

I usually listen to music or go out for a drive at night. Otherwise, I scratch my guitar or go for a walk... at night. There's something about night time that emphasizes what I'm reflecting upon. I never really let go of my thoughts, no matter how overwhelming they are. I try to practice learning from them. The few times I do escape, I just watch TV... instead of drinking or consuming drugs..

If I could have any super power, it'd be time control (stopping time, going back, going forward). Man would I change sooooooo much...

My favorite terrible movie is an ongoing a rip between "Polyester" and "Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny" I think Tenacious D wins it, but Polyester always makes me laugh... so I don't know.

Eilan: I'm studying in Professional Writing in college. I'm doing 2 years of that and then 1 year of scriptwriting before ultimately ending up in hollywood and giving it my all to make it in the movie industry. If that fails, music'll be my alternative... if THAT fails, a bullet through my skull so I can start over new...

Quoll: About my concepts and whatnot... It's a hard question to answer, but I'll do my best. Ever since I was a kid, my parents always taught me to ignore people who were mean, that they didn't know any better and probably had a rough childhood or what not. I had always kept that in mind when being teased (which happened once in a while, there's always a school bully who picks on the smaller kids and all my child years, I had always been way small) ...I learned, though, through life experiences, that no matter how much you ignore or try to justify someone's actions, some people just can't be told to stop... you have to show them. I may go overboard with this philosophy sometimes, but I do believe in "an eye for an eye". I've made it a point in the last years to get back at whoever pushes me to my limit. I'm quite tolerant, but when I crack, I get revenge.

And although I don't particularly like talking about it, vengeance tastes sweet...

I also don't think I'd change much about yesterday... it was a pretty average day... rainy day... watched movies "Network" and "The World According To Garp" which were both fantastic.

If I could relive tomorrow completely without consequences or repercussions and unlimited money (let's make it interesting), I'd probably go sky diving (yes, in the rain) or smash a bunch of guitars on the ground (which I've always dreamed of doing).

Hi Mac, couple questions.

Why the name "Mac98"? And why no avatar?

How's your first semester at college going so far?

Hi Mac, couple questions.

Why the name "Mac98"? And why no avatar?

How's your first semester at college going so far?

Hey JB: Mac is my surname. All my friends call me Mac and 98 is the only number currently not being used in the NHL, so it's become my favorite number... so Mac98 became my username pretty much everywhere. I don't have an avatar because a) I wouldn't post a picture of myself and b) Because I see no real point to them if there's no picture of the person.

And my first semester is going great, thanks for asking. It's not as much work as I expected (apart from the big projects) and I have a very open schedule. For example, on Wednesdays, I start at 8:00 am and finish at 9:45 am... so I have the rest of the day free. I'm really enjoying my stay here... gives the chance to start over new, finally.

If you wrote an autobiography and it was picked up for a movie contract, who would be the most appropriate person to play you? Not who would you want most, but the person, besides yourself that you see playing the part most closely to resembling your life.

Back