Litiquette VI

How close do you think Literotica reflects your real life?

• 100%, The way I interact here is exactly how I interact in real life

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • 0%, Are you crazy. Literotica is as far away from my real life as anything could possibly be and I l

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • 50%, It's close to my real life, at least how I interact publicly

Votes: 43 22.3%
  • 50% I'm far more kinky, naughty, filthy here than I am in real life.

Votes: 87 45.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChainedUp

**claiming her**
Well, they say no good deed goes unpunished and as this is round 6, I know what I'm getting myself into, as do all of you, too.

I'll admit that I wasn't so sure I'd start VI, I'm not around as much, and all of you tend to run amok without the citation book around. Plus the place had evolved away from its original premise and while that's how things go, I wasn't sure if it hadn't run its course.

Well it hasn't. So I'll work to pose topics of the day, but in my absence i deputize all of you to carry the load. You'll have to earn the right right to carry a citation book though but once you do, don't blame me when the intoxication that power brings is more than you can bare.

So, all that being said......how does Lit impact the 20something crowd vs the 40something crowd. My hunch is the youngsters are way more comfortable mingling and meeting people off the boards as on the boards, real live vs online. Whereas the oldsters like things better here, more contained, more controlled. Do you think that age dictates action? Do the oldsters think their sex lives would be drastically difderent had you found the site 20 years ago?

Glad to see you back, Chains. I feel trapped between the options in your question, what with being a 30something. I was going to say that the older people are more likely to meet up irl, where younger people are probably more comfortable with tech and being on their phone

Papa C - this makes my heart happy. :heart::D:heart::D

I find it interesting that anyone in their 20's even finds their way here. I mean, isnn't chat rooms/bulletin boards ancient technology at this point? I would also think that younger people are probably much more comfortable sharing photos and their identity. There's no real expectation of privacy in their world of Snapchat/Instagram/Tinder/WhateverOtherTechnologyThisOldLadyDoesNotEvenKnowAbout.

Then again, there are an awful lot of older titties and cocks on display all around Lit, so maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

;)

Glad to see you back, Chains. I feel trapped between the options in your question, what with being a 30something. I was going to say that the older people are more likely to meet up irl, where younger people are probably more comfortable with tech and being on their phone

I would have to agree with default. I believe that the younger set are far more comfortable behind their technology than face to face interactions.

I find it interesting that anyone in their 20's even finds their way here. I mean, isnn't chat rooms/bulletin boards ancient technology at this point? I would also think that younger people are probably much more comfortable sharing photos and their identity. There's no real expectation of privacy in their world of Snapchat/Instagram/Tinder/WhateverOtherTechnologyThisOldLadyDoesNotEvenKnowAbout.

Then again, there are an awful lot of older titties and cocks on display all around Lit, so maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

;)

I tend to agree with you. I got no clue. But for those that need/want that outlet of self expression, this seems to be a good place for it.

I second Suz! Happy :heart: here!!

Hmm- I found Lit 20 years ago when I was barely legal. I only lurked on the forums. I tried Lit chat version 1.0 and got the panties scared off me.

In a bad way.

So now I’m an oldster I guess? And I don’t just lurk. I’ve met people off Lit IRL. And we boned. And it was glorious.

Guess I’d say with age comes confidence and with confidence comes, well... :catroar:

And I’m a nerd. And nerds will always love forums, I think.
Even today’s Modern Nerd.

;)

The sharing comes with time, a trust earned and gifted. It can’t be rushed, begged or bartered for. It’s simply there or it isn’t. And taking that step, letting your wall down is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever done. But I’d do it again in a heartbeat.

As for sharing pics on the Show Your Face thread, that depth of sharing to everyone both amazes and baffles me. I give credit to everyone that shares, me I’ve never posted. Can’t say that I’ve had that naughty streak run through me.

My hunch is the youngsters are way more comfortable mingling and meeting people off the boards as on the boards, real live vs online. Whereas the oldsters like things better here, more contained, more controlled. Do you think that age dictates action? Do the oldsters think their sex lives would be drastically difderent had you found the site 20 years ago?

I'm not sure I agree with that. I think the older we get, the more likely we are to share, interact, meet in real life, etc. in other words, we're more desperate! 20 year olds have time and narcissism to keep them company (not a criticism, we were all like that) they're in no rush. Reality starts to set in the older we get and it's almost time to hit the panic button :eek:

Besides, aren't the old people's homes filled with totally perved-out 90 year old men whipping their dicks out and grab-assing every nurse they see? And isn't the saying, "if I knew then what I know now"? Not that I condone that activity, but I will probably partake when I'm that age. ;)

I found Lit probably about 15 years ago and I had no interest at all in the message board until about a year ago. So in a way, I'm living proof (I think I just announced how desperate I am, that's not cool :cool:) ;) :D

Early morning quickie: the general rule is everything in moderation. It's a good rule to try and live by but sometimes hard to successfully pull off. What are you "excessive" with, something you know you probably shouldn't be? When do the short term benefits far exceed your long term concerns?

Sounds like someone needs a meeting ;)

I can lead.

*begins arranging chairs

I think the “what” of this question is less important than the “when,” assuming we’re not comparing coffee to heroin.

The “when” is when life becomes unmanageable. Unmanageability looks different for everyone. For me, when it’s impacting my relationships, my work, my self worth, well, Houston, we got a problem.

Well, they say no good deed goes unpunished and as this is round 6, I know what I'm getting myself into, as do all of you, too.

I'll admit that I wasn't so sure I'd start VI, I'm not around as much, and all of you tend to run amok without the citation book around. Plus the place had evolved away from its original premise and while that's how things go, I wasn't sure if it hadn't run its course.

Well it hasn't. So I'll work to pose topics of the day, but in my absence i deputize all of you to carry the load. You'll have to earn the right right to carry a citation book though but once you do, don't blame me when the intoxication that power brings is more than you can bare.

So, all that being said......how does Lit impact the 20something crowd vs the 40something crowd. My hunch is the youngsters are way more comfortable mingling and meeting people off the boards as on the boards, real live vs online. Whereas the oldsters like things better here, more contained, more controlled. Do you think that age dictates action? Do the oldsters think their sex lives would be drastically difderent had you found the site 20 years ago?

Interesting question.

A number of people above have pointed out that the younger generation seem to be more comfortable with their internet/on line interactions.
I can certainly attest to the fact that my kids do much more on line, texting, on their phone, than even I do.
I have a cousin - now in her 30's - that met her husband on line. And I know others in their 20's that do much of their dating with on line apps.
I suspect, actually, that they don't much like the Boards...too old fashioned.

But I found Lit a decade ago. And I don't think it's really "changed my sex life."
Certainly it's broadened my fantasy life some, but I suspect some of that might have occurred anyway. And my fantasy life was pretty broad to begin with.

I think that the boards have helped me see that I'm not that weird. That maybe there are lots of people like me out there, who are just hiding it.

Plus, I'm kind of a "sex banter" and "sexual innuendo" type guy in real life anyway. This helps in that I do more of it here, so I don't feel the need to shock someone in real life... LMAO....

Early morning quickie: the general rule is everything in moderation. It's a good rule to try and live by but sometimes hard to successfully pull off. What are you "excessive" with, something you know you probably shouldn't be? When do the short term benefits far exceed your long term concerns?

I agree with Trekka in that it's not as much what - because the what shifts depending on where my head is at. Sometimes I smoke way too much pot. But usually something happens to self-correct that. Sometimes I work way too much and introduce too much stress into my life. But that also self-corrects once my projects change.

Probably the most consistent thing that I do in excess is that I live a somewhat selfish life. We don't have children and at this point, our parents and my sister and her family are all healthy and doing well. So we have the luxury of being able to do what we want, when we want most of the time.

So there are times when I have to kick myself in the ass and get out of my selfish rut. But sometimes I wallow in it. And smoke a lot of pot. :cool:

I’m excessive with giving more than I receive. It’s a bad habit, more like a terrible one.
Born with an enormous need to give, to please, to make sure everyone is taken care of. I feed off of it- ‘if they’re happy, then I’m happy.’ It’s a simple logic thats hardcoded deep inside me. I don’t have access to this strand of code nor know how to rewrite it. GD if I did....

When I see, or more like feel the giving/receiving ratio way off balance I’ll usually auto-correct. Say something if it’s worth it or shrug it off.
There’s a lot of grey in the “if it’s worth it” thinking that tends to wear on me if I let it. But most of the time it then gets moved to the shrugged off category. I’m sure there’s long term affects to all this logical but illogical ways to me. Maybe I should go the Suzanne route and smoke more pot.
*Google recipes for cannabis butter.*

It's a good rule to try and live by but sometimes hard to successfully pull off.

Ignores the easy innuendos

What are you "excessive" with, something you know you probably shouldn't be? When do the short term benefits far exceed your long term concerns?

Sex. smoking. peanuts.

When health, wealth and life are at risk. Did I get that backwards?

Hmmm, apparently I need to do some more work around here.

What would you be willing to give up for consistent, incredible sex?

That's an interesting question.

I will say that over the last year or so, I've had the opportunity to think a fair amount about sex/relationships etc.

I don't know for sure, but I think that I would not be willing to give up on the non-sex parts of a good romantic relationship.

I'm not sure what else one could "give up" for that.

Would I share my life? Of course. Would I share my money, my stuff, my everything? of course.
Would I share my innermost thoughts? Yeah, probably.

Would I give up the security and safety of my current life? I don't know. I have contemplated it. And chosen not to.
On the other hand, when I made that choice, I also began to work to improve things at home. And they have improved...some....

So...
Nothing? at the end of the day?

Good question.
While I don't think sex (good, great amazing sex!) is everything. It is a big thing.

So I would give up - time, habits, dignity, boundaries, control.
But nothing that would change the person I am. Or hurt the people I love but it is something to ponder.

That's an interesting question.

I will say that over the last year or so, I've had the opportunity to think a fair amount about sex/relationships etc.

I don't know for sure, but I think that I would not be willing to give up on the non-sex parts of a good romantic relationship.

I'm not sure what else one could "give up" for that.

Would I share my life? Of course. Would I share my money, my stuff, my everything? of course.
Would I share my innermost thoughts? Yeah, probably.

Would I give up the security and safety of my current life? I don't know. I have contemplated it. And chosen not to.
On the other hand, when I made that choice, I also began to work to improve things at home. And they have improved...some....

So...
Nothing? at the end of the day?

THIS is exactly what I was going to say! I haven’t given up anything that I cherish (maybe a pice if my heart...but that wasn’t just about good sex), and considering where I am on the s dual continuum at the moment I have to believe that means that there’s nothing I would give up...at the moment.

My sanity?

I kid, I kid.

The phrase, "give up" implies that you have it in the first place. :p :p :p :D :D :D

THIS is exactly what I was going to say! I haven’t given up anything that I cherish (maybe a pice if my heart...but that wasn’t just about good sex), and considering where I am on the s dual continuum at the moment I have to believe that means that there’s nothing I would give up...at the moment.

I'm glad you liked it.

:rose:

I’d give up:
gourmet coffee and chocolates and settle for Dunkin’ Donuts and Dove.
I’ll cut my vacations 2 day shorter.
No drinking on Tuesdays and Thursdays
No more than 6 pairs of new shoes per year.
*doesn't include boots*
Reduce my showers to only 20 mins.
Substitute Cottonelle toilet paper instead of Charmin
Promise to eat left overs.
Reduce grumbling by 25% when it comes to laundry, inlaws and junk mail.
And promise to ask for help when I need help.
*accepting friendly reminders when necessary.*

So, in the spirit of the US holiday let me ask you this: what is the attraction to backyard fireworks? I mean that aren't anywhere close to the big professional shows, and there's always that one neighbor that starts way too early and goes way too late. Whoops, apologies if that is you...

Ugh, I don't know. I'm one of those dumb people who are terrified of them. They don't look that cool, they cost a ridiculous amount of money, and someone always takes it too far.
And folks in my neck of the woods, shoot them for days afterwards and I have to play the game of - Is that a firework or a gun shot?

Ok, pardon my bah humbug Independence spirit. Carry on.

Ugh, I don't know. I'm one of those dumb people who are terrified of them. They don't look that cool, they cost a ridiculous amount of money, and someone always takes it too far.
And folks in my neck of the woods, shoot them for days afterwards and I have to play the game of - Is that a firework or a gun shot?

Ok, pardon my bah humbug Independence spirit. Carry on.

I sympathise fully! I have a close friend with lots of pets, who hates around fireworks time because it’s not just one day any more - it can last a whole week!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back