new accoutrements!

superlittlegirl

Polymorphous Perverse
Joined
Apr 9, 2002
Posts
6,690
Hi all,

I went to the Episcopal Church's rummage sale this morning and found the most luscious pair of vintage bittersweet/black elbow length kid-skin gloves. For one whole dollar. Never worn, never even unwrapped. Who would have imagined I'd find something so marvellously kinky there? It was agony waiting for the rest of the day's shopping to wrap up-- all I could think about was getting myself home to try these gloves on. (I wouldn't let myself try them on there-- partly to tease and torture myself, but also because I wasn't sure they'd fit and I knew I'd cry if they didn't.) But now I'm home and they fit like a dream. I've never felt any leather so soft and buttery in my whole life. They are so form-fitting-- and they feel so good on my skin. I don't know what I'll ever wear them with, but I am enjoying wearing them and nothing else as I type this post. They are an outfit unto themselves, I believe. I can't recall any article of clothing that's ever made me feel so utterly sexy.

So what kind of play are gloves conducive to? I feel very powerful in them-- almost like they are the garb of a new sexual super-(s)hero. Do gloves play any special role in the BDSM world? Are they predominantly worn by a specific segment of the BDSM continuum? They feel very Domme-ish, but perhaps that's just my perception (or my leaning on this particular day).

They are really neat in that they make my hands feel unlike the hands I am accustomed to. Like they are someone else's entirely. I have some ideas. . .

I'd love to hear from anyone else who has gloves in her or his sexual wardrobe. I hope that doesn't sound seedy and troll-ish, because it's not meant to be. I'm just excited about my new find and would love some ideas about the possibilities.

--an excited Freya
 
i *LOVE* gloves!

Welcome to the BDSM forum, Freya, and may i say i've already begun to follow you around just to gaze in wonder and adoration at the lovliness of your words?

Okay, ummm, gloves.

I have four pairs of loooong satin gloves, black, white, red, and pink. They come up and over my biceps. I absolutely adore them.

I'm sub, Freya, and i don't switch - and i have almost worn the black ones out. They have small rips in the seams, actually, and i'll have to replace them soon. (I have gotten all mine at eBay for various prices, but none have been too expensive even with the shipping.)

I wear them to dress up in, to play in, to go out in. I wear them when i'm able to be outwardly and obviously fetishistic as well as when i have to keep such matters more private. I love my gloves. I wear them. I delight in them.

As a sub, in scene, it's another barrier to my getting any sensation at all from the outside world except what my Dominant allows; gloves have been used in that way for me for all of my sexual life.

Gloves just for Dommes?
I don't think so!



P.S. Please post some more now. Use more big words.
:p
 
Ah, ladies' gloves! These, and stockings, are my favorite "fetish" items. (I include the quotes because they're not, in my case, absolutely essential to arousal, but my most favored of feminine decorations.) In part, it's the visual aesthetic, but it's also a sensory issue. They both change the nature of sensation in the areas they cover, and I find that very appealing. (Yes, I've worn them. I've never "dressed" all the way, but certain articles of women's clothing are just too much fun to wear.)

:D
 
Welcome Freya

Just a little greeting of welcome from me as well, it's nice to see new people here on the board.

I sat here and read your post about the gloves, and after having finished it, I found the link to your homepage. And I'll say that I think the gloves would match the outfits on that page perfectly! :D (ps. you look damn good in the outfits as well!)

I hope you'll have fun here on Lit, and find out that we're generally a nice bunch of people, freaks yes, but still nice ;)
 
Leather gloves, pants, and a decent mask (more on THAT later) are my only three clothing "fetishes," for the same reason as SpectreT. Well, and a corset on me. I do confess an inherent urge to worship any male in said leather ensemble, which strongly puts it in the Dom/me category in my mind. I'd actually be rather willing to worship a female in said leather ensemble, too...

On the mask thought: since "The Princess Bride," I've desperately longed for a decent black mask. NOT a Hannibal mask. NOT an executioner's hood. NOT a cat mask. Something swashbuckling and dangerous looking, like what Westley wore as The Dread Pirate Roberts. I have seen swarms of the above "NOT" masks, but nary a nice respectable one. Does anybody have any links for me?

Sorry, Freya, really didn't mean to usurp your thread. I love the feel of leather caressing my cheek (and then slapping it). I wish you every happiness of them...perhaps when your Canadian toy comes to play again? ::winks::
 
I'm new here, too. I love long gloves. Thrift shops and shops with vintage clothing often have interesting ones, and there's always bridal salons. Just be careful, most are thin and tear easily.

I just wanted to share a story. A male friend of mine wanted white opera-length (above the bicep, as Cymbidia described) gloves for himself, and called a bridal salon. They had them, and he asked if they were one size fits all. Oh yes, he was told. He went to pick them up and tried them on in the store before purchasing them. As he paid the clerk, she said coyly, "we've been discussing you all day. May I ask what you're buying these for?"

"You may ask," he said, and left with a knowing smile.

This was many years ago, and we still laugh.
 
truly appreciative, I am.

Hi everyone--

What an amazing board this is. I feel so welcomed and warm. And this kind of feedback is exactly what I was looking for! I'll explain a bit more about what's going on in my world. My BDSM identity is virtually unformed at this point. I'm self-identifying as a switch right now just because I don't have enough actual experience to know what I *like* most of all, or even what I'd be best at. And maybe I'll always be a switch, even after I've done my research, but my inclination is to gather as much information as I can so I can figure out if there's an appropriate niche for me. That's why the questions regarding aesthetics and such. I know that there aren't any clearly defined indicators that will give me absolute answers, but I like to take inventory of small details, as they help me see the bigger picture. It's not so much that I want to attribute a certain mode of behavior or response to one garment or another; the aesthetics question just serves as a reliable way for me to get into a discourse about range of identity. I made that all serious and heavy, didn't I? Aaargh. It's not that cold and grim with me, really. I'm just weird, I guess. I think the fantastic gloves are just another piece in my identity puzzle. And judging from the replies, it seems that switch-iness is a perfectly fine place for me to be, indefinitely perhaps!

Cymbidia-- thank you so much for your kind words. Thanks also for the insight into the use of gloves as a sensory altering device. The idea of being dressed *by someone* with the specific intent of that person having complete control of the amount of sensation received is perfectly yummy. And thanks for liking my words. It feels good to be accepted for them rather than teased. Sometimes this world of the ether can be so much kinder.

SpectreT-- I got such a wonderful image of you dressed in long gloves and stockings-- in addition to the burgundy shirt in your AV. My literal mind gets pretty silly, sometimes. Does the act of putting on feminine garb shift your self-perception (of gender and/or identity) for the moment, or is it purely an appreciation of texture and form?

ShyGuy68-- Thanks for the compliment about the pictures. And thanks for the welcome. I feel most at home among freaks. Freak a word of highest esteem, in my book. It's the normal people who make me edgy.

Quint-- you didn't usurp my thread in the least. I'm so very happy to see you here. If anything, I usurped your anal thread a bit, but I just got so excited I had to tell you all about my adventures too. I'm working on the whole impulse control thing, I assure you. But it's hard. As for the mask of Weseley, I'd love to make you one. I sew, and I could definitely do it. I just pulled up stills from the film and I feel that a Dread Pirate Roberts mask is well within the scope of my abilities. All I'd need is the circumference measurement of your head and an approximate spacing of your eyes. It's my favorite movie of all time, and it would be a labor of love to recreate that mask, especially for you. Especially if you covet such a thing! Let me know. I already have prototypes dancing in my mind. I love a good project.

Shiver-- that's a great vignette. I bet it wants to be worked into a story....

Thanks so much, everyone, for participating in this thread. It's helping me quell the inner voice that demands I declare identity, and at the same time, it's helping me piece things together so I don't feel so unsure. I really value this forum, and the people in it.

--Freya
 
So i'm not the only one!

cymbidia said:
Welcome to the BDSM forum, Freya, and may i say i've already begun to follow you around just to gaze in wonder and adoration at the lovliness of your words?

It seems you are starting a parade here lovely lady. i'm liking marching side by side with cym. :kiss:

i don't have any gloves at the moment. i get a new pair of wrist lenght leathers every year, but Minnesota winters are tough on'em. Hence a new pair each year and none in the Spring.

As ShyGuy said, you looked just beautiful on your home page, but i like the outfit you just described much better.

"I am enjoying wearing them and nothing else."

That puts me shoulder to shoulder with Quint.

"I'd actually be rather willing to worship a female in said leather ensemble, too..."

i LOVE a parade! Looks like you don't need ME to welcome you again. Your fan club is growing exponentially. Quite rightly! *g* :rose:

Back in step with cym here,

P.S. Please post some more now. Use more big words.
:p

Oooo...just Oooo
 
Re: truly appreciative, I am.

superlittlegirl said:

<SNIP>

SpectreT-- I got such a wonderful image of you dressed in long gloves and stockings-- in addition to the burgundy shirt in your AV. My literal mind gets pretty silly, sometimes. Does the act of putting on feminine garb shift your self-perception (of gender and/or identity) for the moment, or is it purely an appreciation of texture and form?

<SNIP>

Thanks so much, everyone, for participating in this thread. It's helping me quell the inner voice that demands I declare identity, and at the same time, it's helping me piece things together so I don't feel so unsure. I really value this forum, and the people in it.

--Freya
Shift? Not really. It focuses some nebulous feelings I carry around every day. I am pretty certain, from some past experience, that I'm a Switch; and have a thread here to foster discussion of Switch-related issues, feelings, philosophies, anecdotes, you name it. It's more of a hang-out thread than anything else. I only mention it because there's been a conversation just recently about sexuality and Gender Identity there, started off by someone taking an online gender test. The question was basically if we Switches were prone to be in-between, or outright incorrectly identified. I've taken quite a few online gender tests, some serious, most slightly silly, but they've all said my gender identity's a little confused. And, sensual hedonist that I am, Sensation and Form are very important! :D
 
Gloves are one of the most erotic items of clothing that I own. I don't quite remember when I first became enamoured with gloves but it was sometime in my early teens, during that time of budding sexuality.

Today, I have many pair of gloves, but my favorite of the moment are these black satin gloves pictured in my av. Himself finds these most erotic... I simply have to lay one gloved hand on my shoulder and it drives him wild....

For me it is the sensation of running a gloved hand over my body, and also the deprevation of touch... if that makes any sense at all. Again it is also another form of bondage for me...

There are so many payoffs for me with gloves...
 
I can only add one little thought which my naughty mind has conjured up.

What would those sweet ladies of the church say if they knew ther gloves were bringing about such sensual pleasures and talks? Hmmm.......

Watch your gloves closely here dear. I, for one, would likely "borrow" them if you leave then laying around, though they don't seem to be coming off soon.

merelan wanders off to her search engine thinking, elbow length kid skin gloves.

I had to come back and share this link... oh my god.

http://www.glove.org/glovelinks.htm
 
Last edited:
LOL... well a girl can certainly put those on her wish list for the future... but they are beautiful!!
 
Oh, Freya!

You were right! Wearing just those gloves, you are clad in the finest raiment in the world.

Keep the pictures coming. :rose:

(edited to add)

Ah...that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek...then sneak down to tweak a nipple <LOL>
 
Last edited:
Even if I managed to superimpose my cheek within the soft grasp of those gloves, it still isn't the same...I'm missing the sensation...sob, sniff, alas.

And yes, I can see those gloves Merelan found on a computer engineer's wife's wishlist ten years from now. o) Thank goodness ONE of us is going to have a lucrative career, or else my lust for such luxuries would have to be forever restrained, and we simply can't have such a thing as restraint, now can we?
 
OK, Blue...

I didn't think I'd post this photo, but I feel oddly compelled to do so, now.

-- a bad Freya
 
Re: OK, Blue...

superlittlegirl said:
I didn't think I'd post this photo, but I feel oddly compelled to do so, now.

-- a bad Freya


I for one am delighted you were so compelled. Thanks!!!
Super
 
Re: OK, Blue...

superlittlegirl said:
I didn't think I'd post this photo, but I feel oddly compelled to do so, now.

-- a bad Freya

Oh Freya wow!!! *drool* makes me wanna :p
 
I loooove gloves, and I really love the sound of the ones you found Freya

I have a pair of dark green velvet elbow length ones and a (very worn) pair of black silk 'bicep length' I used to wear those alot when I was going through a Domme part of my life, I love them because I can wear them into work on cold days and no-one except me knows that they are anything other than standard short black gloves. The best type of glove is close fitting so when you sit down and take off your coat you then slowly pull each finger off, smoothing the glove over your hand and laying it carefully down on the table.
 
Re: OK, Blue...

superlittlegirl said:
I didn't think I'd post this photo, but I feel oddly compelled to do so, now.

-- a bad Freya

and I have to go off to a VFW meeting.......ggggeeeeeeee
 
petrel said:
I loooove gloves, and I really love the sound of the ones you found Freya

I have a pair of dark green velvet elbow length ones and a (very worn) pair of black silk 'bicep length' I used to wear those alot when I was going through a Domme part of my life, I love them because I can wear them into work on cold days and no-one except me knows that they are anything other than standard short black gloves. The best type of glove is close fitting so when you sit down and take off your coat you then slowly pull each finger off, smoothing the glove over your hand and laying it carefully down on the table.

Do you wear then when you beg?
 
Back
Top