Explicit words....which ones

I'm wondering what words some people think are turn offs and ons?

Personally, I love the c**t word but reluctant to use it in a story. Can't stand the ch*t word, ridiculous. But that's me; similarly I can't see myself using the p or v word....;)

Likewise, with butt, ass, rimming etc, how to describe...

And for me, the unexpected or incongruity is key. A ladylike character suddenly coming out with "Oh fuck!" in any setting, is very appealing.

Guys using bad words is a bit boring, unless it's something the woman wants...."go on Dave, say it. You know you want to; we're not in a board meeting."

k
Ok I give. I have been trying all day to figure out what the ch*t word is.
chat
chet
chit
chut
chot

I give up.

I love cunt. One of my favorite words.

Dick, cock, seem interchangeable to me. Once someone told me this though
little boys have dicks, men have cocks
At the time I thought yeah that makes sense, but now I use both freely.
 
I think this is a great example of how you can write a good sex scene without having to use the word "cock" every two seconds, something I could use work on, myself. That could actually be a fun writing exercise: writing an entire sex scene without reference to the genitals! Maybe I'll give it a go someday.

This is, hands down, one of the best ideas I've seen presented. Seriously.

My writing style is still evolving, but I have taken to writing a lot of sex without much (can't say none--especially in the case of the man's veined, throbbing shaft) explicit reference to the genitals. I like to save the explicit references for the right time.

I haven't made it through a whole sex scene that way.

Edit. I just checked the story I'm writing now and found this:

Ximena tugged at Juan Francisco’s breeches until buttons flew and the front came free. She pulled her skirts out of the way when he lifted her, and he found her already wet, warm and soft. She tossed her head back and gasped when he thrust up into her.

Juan Francisco forced Ximena against the wall; she clutched at his shoulders and called his name while he took her. He was about to empty himself inside her, but he lifted her enough to slip out, and instead he emptied himself on her muff and on the smooth skin on the inside of her thighs.

The story is basically a bodice-ripper embedded inside an I/T story.
 
Last edited:
I've had this discussion enough times to know that HITD isn't likely to listen, but some things have to be challenged...

Revealing clothing has one purpose - to attract attention.

Nonsense. When I wear shorts I'm not doing it to show off my legs; I'm doing it because it's hot and the sets of "revealing clothing" and "cool clothing" overlap. A tight-fitting T-shirt might be because I've put on weight since I bought it and haven't updated my wardrobe. Or because I like the print on the shirt. Or because it feels snug. Or because I dressed in a hurry and it was the first thing at hand.

It's not always about you. It really, really isn't.

If you don't want to be looked at that way, don't go out of your way to wave about the wares. I'll stare if I damn well please, if you dress to be stared at. Looking at things is not (yet) illegal as far as I know.

There is a distinction between "looking" and "staring", and there is a distinction between "not illegal" and "good manners".

That doesn't extend to being touched or spoken to rudely. But dressing is visual and dictates a visual response.

Fucksake NO. Dressing is visual to you because you have chosen to make it so. That doesn't mean that every woman who goes to her wardrobe is crafting a message to you. You just aren't that important to her.

I am not at all a fan of people dressing to trigger male responses and then trying to tell males where their eyes should be pointing.

I am not a fan of people who have such low expectations of men. I have met enough decent men to know that guys are quite capable of intelligence and self-control, should they choose to exercise it. I think it does a disservice to everybody to talk as if men can't see a female body without losing their minds. (Also somehow the guys who are so eager to talk about male limitations in this context never seem to do that in other contexts; I've never heard anybody declare that men shouldn't be doctors because they can't be trusted to look at a female patient without sleazing on her, etc. etc.)

Most of all, it reeks of laziness. It's like the guy who says "sorry darling, I just can't understand how to cook dinner or wash the dishes, so I guess you'd better do it all".
 
This got long, and off topic...and I got drunk listening to Ben Harper.
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday night!

And yes chat=cat=pussy, but I wasn't sure the OP meant that.

Cat=kat in Dutch.

Sorry...little drunk...but fuck even when a little drunk I know Dutch and that makes me happy.

bad kamer is the most important thing you need to know in Dutch!
 
OMG, I called it, ever since he recommended some of his work to me and I (thank god) clicked on his bio first. I didn't want to use the word "red piller" though, in case he hadn't yet discovered that cesspool of humanity. I mean, seriously? Roosh V, the dude that still lives in his mom's basement selling testosterone cream and thinks anorexia is awesome? You cannot make this shit up, lol.



True, but there's the distinction. There's a big, big difference between expecting staring and comments--because a surprising proportion of the population is just kinda shitty--and excusing or condoning that behavior. I know that when I go out for a jog in shorts and a tanktop--especially because my boobs are huge--that I'm gonna get hollered at. It happens at least once a week and sometimes I even get followed in a car. Doesn't mean I think the behavior is acceptable and should be brushed off.

Thank you, as well, for your insightful discussion points. I love talking about where sex and social issues meet. It's just fun. :D



Wait, so I'm confused. On the one hand, it's gross for an old man to leer at a child in jeans, but you still felt compelled to explain to your child that if someone leers at her while she's wearing jeans, it's her fault and she was asking for it? I am, literally, speechless.

The meaning of anything is the outcome you get.
 
I can't imagine using the word "cunny"; it has pedo connotations to me, and I've never heard anyone use it in real life.

Hm, that one surprises me, never heard anyone associate it that way before. It's mostly struck me as just an archaism.
 
Hm, that one surprises me, never heard anyone associate it that way before. It's mostly struck me as just an archaism.

I just thought "cunny" was either Aussie or a Briticism. I haven't seen it in a story and I haven't seen it used in a pedo context on the forum.
 

Personally, I like my erotica without vulgarities, and encourage the writers in my various threads to avoid them.

 

Personally, I like my erotica without vulgarities, and encourage the writers in my various threads to avoid them.


Yes, Ma'am. But I thought that this discussion was all about what we (variously) consider to be vulgarities. You may think that cunt is vulgar; I don't. It just has to be used in the right way and it the right context. :)
 
Poor Noir, he just wants somebody to love him. :(

If "covfefe" jokes are putting a hat on a hat, I really have to wonder what kind of exercise is trying to turn a Trump typo into a weirdly clumsy homophobic slur.

(I'd tell JBJ to stick to what he's good at if there was any sign of there being such a thing. Pity. I thought at least homophobic slurs might've qualified, but...)

I think this is a great example of how you can write a good sex scene without having to use the word "cock" every two seconds, something I could use work on, myself. That could actually be a fun writing exercise: writing an entire sex scene without reference to the genitals! Maybe I'll give it a go someday.

You get scenes like this in literary fiction, sometimes. It's interesting, but what they mostly do -- with some honourable exceptions -- is make me think: "Wow, this person really does not want to mention genitals. That's weird; why are they writing a sex scene that's so phobic about genitals?" Better in small doses, maybe; I liked clistenova's example, too.
 
Last edited:
If "covfefe" jokes are putting a hat on a hat, I really have to wonder what kind of exercise is trying to turn a Trump typo into a weirdly clumsy homophobic slur.

(I'd tell JBJ to stick to what he's good at if there was any sign of there being such a thing. Pity. I thought at least homophobic slurs might've qualified, but...)



You get scenes like this in literary fiction, sometimes. It's interesting, but what they mostly do -- with some honourable exceptions -- is make me think: "Wow, this person really does not want to mention genitals. That's weird; why are they writing a sex scene that's so phobic about genitals?" Better in small doses, maybe; I liked clistenova's example, too.

God knows I have few gifts and talents. But tests reveal I recognize patterns better than 98% of people. I "see" patterns everywhere.
 
I just thought "cunny" was either Aussie or a Briticism. I haven't seen it in a story and I haven't seen it used in a pedo context on the forum.

It's not modern Australian AFAIK. I've only ever seen it used in historical settings.
 
It's not modern Australian AFAIK. I've only ever seen it used in historical settings.

Wikipedia:

By the 17th century a softer form of the word, "cunny", came into use. A well-known use of this derivation can be found in the 25 October 1668 entry of the diary of Samuel Pepys. He was discovered having an affair with Deborah Willet: he wrote that his wife "coming up suddenly, did find me imbracing the girl con [with] my hand sub [under] su [her] coats; and endeed I was with my main [hand] in her cunny. I was at a wonderful loss upon it and the girl also...."[
 
I don't know if it falls under 'explicit' but on the occasions I find a story that refers to a woman's anatomy as a 'clam' that is an automatic click off. Just nasty...I'd rather see something stupid like "moist treasure box':rolleyes:
 
I've come across clam a few times, pretty sure I stopped reading after that. Maybe it could work in a story about a mermaid.


Doing somewhat the opposite of writing a sex scene without directly referencing genitals could be fun, too. Try coming up with the most horrible and ridiculous way to write it. It could be a "please, don't ever actually put this in a story" list.




Ed nudges his wife awake, "Hey hun, I'm hungry. Make me a sammich."

Thoroughly annoyed and half asleep she replies, "Yer belly ruint a nice dream, asshole. Tell ya what. There's a hot roast beef sammich wit exter dressin' under these here blankets. How bout you eat that?"
 
I've seen "clam," "oyster" (involving the specific phrase "eat my smokey oyster," which I guess was memorably bad enough to stick with me, so that's something) and even "snapper" attested from time to time. Seafood references generally are a No for me, I'll admit; it's supposed to be smut, not a subliminal ad campaign for Red Lobster.
 
Are we still in the dark about what ch*t refers to? I'm curious now. Maybe it was meant to be cl*t, but clit isn't exactly rude, right?
 
Are we still in the dark about what ch*t refers to?

Many have speculated but we have yet to get a ruling from the OP, I think. Who perhaps is unwilling to clarify on account of its being apparently rude enough to censor in the first place. I have a feeling we may never know for sure what they had in mind.

I'm curious now. Maybe it was meant to be cl*t, but clit isn't exactly rude, right?

I guess "clit" is mildly rude in being a slang shortening of a more clinical term? In the same way that "vag" is sort of mildly rude. I'm assuming both would qualify as the sort of vulgarities that wouldn't cut it in the court of EmpressJosephine.
 
Not in a pedo context, but I have seen the term used (very frequently, in fact) in lg/DD roleplay erotica on the site. Maybe that's where Simon's coming from? I get the appeal, I'm just not a fan of baby-talking my genitals. For a period piece it makes sense, but aside from that, I much prefer "pussy" and "cunt."

And you don't consider that "pussy" is baby talking genitals? Interesting. :rolleyes:
 
I've seen "clam," "oyster" (involving the specific phrase "eat my smokey oyster," which I guess was memorably bad enough to stick with me, so that's something) and even "snapper" attested from time to time. Seafood references generally are a No for me, I'll admit; it's supposed to be smut, not a subliminal ad campaign for Red Lobster.

I have to admit I did use bearded clam in a story once. There was some pushback from readers on that tho in my defense there are some natural (unshaved) ones that do resemble a bearded clam, certainly more than resembling a pussy cat.
I think seafood references may be as much a function of the "fishy smell" angle which reminds me of the old joke where a young woman is making out in a car with her Polish beau. Things are getting steamy when she tells him, "Kiss me where it smells," so he drives her to New Jersey. ;)
 
Back
Top