What Shocked or Stunned you Today?

The lady at the restaurant with 3 boys and 3 girls and they all looked about a year apart. The youngest was about 2 and the oldest was about 8. She looked really good to have six kids.

The kids were really well behaved too. I guess if you have six you have to keep them under control.

Think: nanny with a concealed gun permit
 
The Bob Costas interview of W

Bob asked tough questions and W provided relatively short answers and actually seemed to answer each specific question, as opposed to providing the answer to a different question. And, W didn't throw in a condescending swipe at somebody, which he usually does at least once.
 
How quickly the Dutch lost the first set to Cuba.


Jesus, their positioning was SHITE!
 
I am not sure if I am shocked or stunned, but what in the world was he thinking? Or attempting to do?
 
What shocked me?

Slamming on my breaks doing 100 km/h so I didn't run into the back of the car in front of me, then hearing the screaching of tyres as the truck behind me locked up. He swerved and missed me but as he was stopping more people ran up his arse. The result? Three car pile up that I got to watch in my rearview mirror. :eek:
Luckily I wasn't one of the cars hit and no-one was hurt badly, but it looked like carnage.
What stunned me was that there were three major accidents on that one 5km stretch of road within 6 hours today. Bloody rediculous.
 
What shocked me?

Slamming on my breaks doing 100 km/h so I didn't run into the back of the car in front of me, then hearing the screaching of tyres as the truck behind me locked up. He swerved and missed me but as he was stopping more people ran up his arse. The result? Three car pile up that I got to watch in my rearview mirror. :eek:
Luckily I wasn't one of the cars hit and no-one was hurt badly, but it looked like carnage.
What stunned me was that there were three major accidents on that one 5km stretch of road within 6 hours today. Bloody rediculous.

Uh, it wasn't that same bit of road we drove down this morning and I saw the police and a car with a dinged up front and said "But how could you crash there, it's straight?"

Super jinx :( I'm really thankful you weren't hurt babe. Why did the car in front of you slam on their brakes?
 
Uh, it wasn't that same bit of road we drove down this morning and I saw the police and a car with a dinged up front and said "But how could you crash there, it's straight?"

Super jinx :( I'm really thankful you weren't hurt babe. Why did the car in front of you slam on their brakes?

See above where I said THREE accidents, well, there was the one this morning, the one I was almost in and the reason my accident happened?...... Because traffic was backed up from a major accident 3 km up.
I was talking to the cop that attended and he said the reason all of the accidents happened is because people ran up other peoples arses or lost control after the person in front of them stopped suddenly.
The moral of that story, keep a hefty distance between you and the car in front on the fast stretches of that road. It's seriously dangerous. Might wanna inform M too.
 
Uh, it wasn't that same bit of road we drove down this morning and I saw the police and a car with a dinged up front and said "But how could you crash there, it's straight?"

Super jinx :( I'm really thankful you weren't hurt babe. Why did the car in front of you slam on their brakes?

Didn't you know, cops don't need to know how to drive...:)
 
I'll start.

So my daughter who is 17 and just graduated form High School, never been on a date, only kissed one boy, called me today to tell me she lost her virginty last night!:eek:

Total freak, I thought i would have a while before i had to worry about this. Maybe she would date a bit in college, or when she got a job. At least she used protection, thank god.

i have tried very hard to make sure she feels she can talk to me about anything, and since i am the only parent she called, i would say i did a good job. So she is on the phone with me telling me that neither of them had orgasisms, and that she gave him a hand job, that he did not know how to properly put on a condom (unrolled it first), etc. She said she laughed the whole time they were together, you would have to know her she is so funny. Asked him, "Should I name it?" :)

So it sounds like even though she really had no previous knowledge it was a good experience for her, much better than my first time. i honestly don't know what to think, JUST A COMPLETE SHOCK.

So this week i told her i would show her how to put on a condom, and take her to the doctor to get on birth control. We will sit down and talk about safety, and esteem and a myraid of other topics, i will answer alot of questions. i don't think i ever would have talked to my mom about.

OK, so share your shockers or your stunners.

:kiss: For good parenting, the world needs more like you.
 
I saw him today or yesterday I can't remember which now and he looks awful. I was shocked at how bad he looks. Maybe it's effecting him too. It was just weird, of course it's always weird to see him when I'm least expecting it.
 
Seeing how far someone would go to talk to someone.
 
Accidents are nasty....we saw our car today for the first time since the accident, and though I am still bruised and battered (we still cannot figure out why I was so injured while F didn't get a scratch), and we have gone through the emotions again, we are both thankful to have survived. Of course, I took pics...as I suspected, the Spanish assurances it was fixable were incorrect and it is written off...

2824254325_8ff1a3bf39_b.jpg


2825097644_7bfa18f21d_b.jpg


2825097654_84b0819a09_b.jpg



Catalina:catroar:
 
Just a quick look tells me that both side's rails are swung in, with the right side being actively collapsed, and the left is probably kinked due to the angle. Your core support is slammed back into the engine far enough that I would be stunned if the engine was not hammered. Looks like the right front suspension is back a bit too.

In short, not knowing this car personally, but understanding the repair process et al, this car would have to be bloody near new to survive this, and the parts market would have to hit juuust right.

Happily, your car ate up the impact solidly, and looks to have performed exactly as intended in this hit. From what I can tell, the cab looks fairly straight too. Kudos to the manufacturer.

Regardless, I'm glad to see that you made it out okay.
 
"I like black babies the best. I don't know why, I just do"

Oh from the mouth of babes.
 
Back
Top