Is it easier to Cheat than Confront?

Anomaly1964

Literotica Guru
There are issues in your marriage....

It would take a lot of work to fix it, unpleasant conversations, admitting self faults, upsetting the family balance, affecting your kids...

OR...

Is it easier to have a discreet affair, have a quick fix, explore the greener grass?

Do we run from our marriage issues or face them head on...?

There are issues in your marriage....

It would take a lot of work to fix it, unpleasant conversations, admitting self faults, upsetting the family balance, affecting your kids...

OR...

Is it easier to have a discreet affair, have a quick fix, explore the greener grass?

Do we run from our marriage issues or face them head on...?

It depends on the amount of character present in the individuals. Dan Savage uses the term, CPOS, for Cheating Piece of Shit, to describe cheaters, and it seems apt to me.

Cheating is a selfish act that destroys trust in a relationship.

Been there. Done that. Few minutes of pleasure isn't worth the pain and hurt it causes.

No doubt, easier to cheat. Also been thru it, not worth it. It is a blast while you're cheating, but the depressed feelings you have after you realize the hurt you caused, is not worth it. No doubt confront the problem. Go thru the problems of working it out rather than suffer the consequences.

I recommend what I did...confront...conversate....try....get counseling for a fresh perspective and when u have tried everything possible and the only choice is to get out and you have told your partner that....then see someone else and know that you owned your 50% Of the relationship but you can't change the other 50%....then try to be happy

During my junior year of college, I was the other man to an older girl with a boyfriend. Her boyfriend worked the late shift at a bar so we usually fooled around while he was at work. We had been doing it behind his back for a few months until one day, her boyfriend proposed to her. I breifly considered stopping but being young and stupid I continued to see her.

The whole thing culminated in him coming home early from work one day and catching her giving me head in their living room. A huge argument broke out with lots of yelling and crying. While that was happening, I was able to slip out the back door and walk home. To this day, I still feel terrible about everything and deeply regret my part in breaking them up.

We addressed the problem and it didn't work. I didn't want to ruin the good parts of our relationship over this issue. So I just found a girl who was interested in a sexual relationship and I just kept it a secret. No harm, no foul. Not everything can be perfect.

having been the 'other woman' a couple of times, I can see that cheating has worked for some people

having been the 'other woman' a couple of times, I can see that cheating has worked for some people

Bullshit - only for the cheater.

Life and relationships are complex and I have no right to judge. If the person being cheated on would want out of the relationship if they knew then you are stealing time (and life) from them - "no harm no foul" attitude requires the cheater to have total disregard for the other party's right to know

Bullshit - only for the cheater.

Life and relationships are complex and I have no right to judge. If the person being cheated on would want out of the relationship if they knew then you are stealing time (and life) from them - "no harm no foul" attitude requires the cheater to have total disregard for the other party's right to know
Right, because knowing the truth would cause needless pain. Just because I have sex with another woman does not change the way I feel about my wife in any way at all. She knew how I felt. She knew I was unhappy. She knows our attempts at therapy were not successful. So...?

If you can't or don't want to fix things then have the decency to break it off instead of cheating. It will still hurt but not do as much damage as cheating does! Don't be lazy and have some backbone!

If you can't or don't want to fix things then have the decency to break it off instead of cheating. It will still hurt but not do as much damage as cheating does! Don't be lazy and have some backbone!
Why would I want to break it off? Relationships have many facets. It would be ridiculous to break it off over this.

Why would I want to break it off? Relationships have many facets. It would be ridiculous to break it off over this.

Cheating never helps it will put up blocks and pain that will never go away even if you work it out, I know, I still hurt. What are the issues that make you want to cheat?

Right, because knowing the truth would cause needless pain. Just because I have sex with another woman does not change the way I feel about my wife in any way at all. She knew how I felt. She knew I was unhappy. She knows our attempts at therapy were not successful. So...?

Just lame excuses and justifications for being selfish and not facing it like a man. She has a right to know. Maybe if she did she would want to get a real man to fuck her. Who knows maybe the reason your sex life with her isn't good because she knows you are a weasel and this info would be just the jolt she needs to go find someone who will treat her right . In the long run a bit of short term pain is better than wasting her time on you

Well since your unhappy that makes it okay then. After all it is all about you right?

Back