Sex & Shenanigans

Special FX artist / prop designer / animatronics for horror and sci-fi movies.

I did take a dream and made it into a career between 2008-2013 but it sadly turned into a grind and killed all of the joy I ever derived from it. Which is why I only do photography for myself now, for fun only (it took me 10 years after ending the business to get over the anxiety that holding my camera gave me)
"Find a job you love and you won't work a day in your life"

I don't think there's been any smellier bullshit than that quoted since the dawn of capitalism!

This is what makes me skeptical about pushing my photography business. I hate marketing myself and feeling pressure to book.
I love it so much that I don’t want to ruin it with financial expectations.
I don’t want to be one to ever discourage someone to follow their dream. I don’t know how it all works in the US with small business grants and what not but I would have some lessons learned if ever you want to pursue it. Just because it didn’t work for me does not mean it wouldn’t for you and I would be your biggest cheerleader if you did move ahead with this!

I don’t want to be one to ever discourage someone to follow their dream. I don’t know how it all works in the US with small business grants and what not but I would have some lessons learned if ever you want to pursue it. Just because it didn’t work for me does not mean it wouldn’t for you and I would be your biggest cheerleader if you did move ahead with this!
uhmmmm got any uhmmm sweaters? Just curious.

I already have the business! Kind of. I don’t advertise. I mostly like taking pics of my own kids and then occasionally for others. I don’t have the time for anything more at the moment so I’m just letting it be what it is for now while I’m a stay at home mom.

But thank you!! And you can absolutely put on a cheerleading outfit for me.
Oh, wait, is that not what you were offering?

I already have the business! Kind of. I don’t advertise. I mostly like taking pics of my own kids and then occasionally for others. I don’t have the time for anything more at the moment so I’m just letting it be what it is for now while I’m a stay at home mom.

But thank you!! And you can absolutely put on a cheerleading outfit for me.
Oh, wait, is that not what you were offering?
I'll do it if @MissLabelled is busy. Or we could both be in the shot... 😈

Have I mentioned my in home studio? 😏
giphy.gif

This is what makes me skeptical about pushing my photography business. I hate marketing myself and feeling pressure to book.
I love it so much that I don’t want to ruin it with financial expectations.
Do you only do portraits. I had a friend who was a teacher but was doing photography on the side. There was a weekly flea market in DC and he got a booth, started selling his stuff there and turned the business he sourced from that into a full time gig

You know what I was thinking might be popular on Only Fans? Like a middle aged guy with a dad bod that videos himself folding laundry and cooking dinner between dirty videos of himself.
You can’t have @Bry1313 for your social experiment/crass money grab. His soul is too pure for the cold, cold, world of streaming.

Back