Tips and Constructive Criticism

Slickerz

Virgin
Folks

I've been visiting this site for over decade now (though never posted much here), only interested in mom-son stories. Without much further ado, I want to put forward few suggestions for authors to consider when creating their literary erotica fiction (only mom-son):

Stories are best when narrated in 3rd person perspective as it provides opportunities to view the situation from both characters' perspectives, know their inner feelings & emotions.

I've read countless stories where author's entire focus is only in describing the sex act, in such mechanical way it feels like reading an instruction manual of an IKEA product. And then they just go on from one sex act to another non-stop like there's nothing else important in life. Don't do that. Instead focus on highlighting the incest aspect of it. Build and show emotions, eroticism, how vulnerable the characters are feeling, highlight the inner conflicts, the push & pull of society pressure and the lust of breaking the taboo boundaries. Indulge the readers in an immersive reading experience where the characters appear just another normal mom-son family and yet they're also struggling to keep a darker/erotic side of their lives. Show to readers, how that mother-son couple are balancing the two sides of their lives and how the taboo nature of their coupling overlaps, contradicts or hinders their normal live.

And what is this infatuation with butt reaming the mom? Why is this some kind of must have? One moment, mother & son have taken such a giant leap of breaking the ultimate taboo and instead of focusing on the social/psychological ramifications, the very next moment son is butt reaming his mother! There's absolutely nothing, NOTHING sexual or erotic about anal sex as it relates to incest erotica between mother & her son.

And please please please, for fuck sake, do not demean mothers in your stories - moms proudly calling themselves sluts, whores for their sons. Or sons declaring mothers as their personal sluts or bitches ...Seriously?? Even in the realms of fantasies and fiction, what self-respecting woman would allow to be belittled like this, and that too, of all the people in the world by their own sons? This is such a huge turn OFF instantly. Keep a sense of reality in your story writing unless your story is about flying pigs.

Also crucially important - when the sex scenes between mothers & sons start, I think most of you authors just can't control themselves from the visuals running in their mind and they tend to write in the same flow by continuously keep referring to characters as he she, his, her, paragraphs after paragraphs, pages after pages. Who the fuck is she or he? Are you writing an mother-son incest erotica or just another bland generic adult fiction? Remember, incest fiction is more about continuously highlighting the familial bonding between the characters, more so when it comes to intimacy and sex. Remind the readers about this by more direct references such as his mother, my mom, my son, her son etc.

Lastly but not least, what's with son switching to first name basis with his mom? This is yet another big turn off - it just instantly destroys the very fabric of an incest fueled mother-son relationship and becomes yet another generic boring adult fiction. Instead show that even though mother & son are intimate, they will always be mother & son first. Gravitate the son more towards his mother for further nurturing and psychological & emotional development in life. Show us how the mother's mothering instincts & feelings towards her son still trumps all other connections between them. That's what make incest erotica stand out from any other type of erotic fiction.

I align with your points. Not to brag, but I think I check all these boxes with my Lambs of Lust series :)

Last edited:
Folks

I've been visiting this site for over decade now (though never posted much here), only interested in mom-son stories. Without much further ado, I want to put forward few suggestions for authors to consider when creating their literary erotica fiction (only mom-son):
I think you'll find 'constructive' lies in the eye of the beholder.

I understand your comments, and my I/T story about the twins and their mum in quarantine would fit your criteria, to a point. However, some readers obviously love the "My mum's a slut" theme.

The he/she paragraphs can be seen everywhere, not just in I/T.

And what is this infatuation with butt reaming the mom? Why is this some kind of must have? One moment, mother & son have taken such a giant leap of breaking the ultimate taboo and instead of focusing on the social/psychological ramifications, the very next moment son is butt reaming his mother!
Inconceivable! This is so backwards. By page two, the mother should be butt reaming the son.

There's absolutely nothing, NOTHING sexual or erotic about anal sex as it relates to incest erotica between mother & her son.
Also, hard disagree.

I sympathise with some of this, I'm a big fan of character development rather than just wall-to-wall sex scenes. But.

Have you stopped to ask yourself why these authors are choosing to write first person mother-son stories with heavy sex and anal and dirty talk and first names and all these things you hate?

Is it possible, just possible, that not everybody likes the same stuff, and they're writing those stories because those are the kind of stories they enjoy reading?

LOL, looks like I touched some personal raw nerves here, old fart.

Now, go back to your little corner and continue cornholing yourself.

LOL, looks like I touched some personal raw nerves here. A retard like you who has his head stuffed up their rear end wouldn't understand the context of what I wrote.

Tilan has a certain... style to his critiques, but he's not wrong in pretty much any of them. You come in here, admitting that you have never written stories, and have "tips" for all of us that are stated aggressively and, for the most part, with an air of "this is objective truth" about them.

I've been coming to the site for pretty much as long as it's been around and have only started writing in the last six months or so after 20-odd years away. Even now, after publishing 35 stories in 11 categories here (including I/T), I would NEVER be so bold as to tell a writer "you're doing it wrong" unless they asked for my advice. And, hell, I probably wouldn't even do it then, because they might be going for something different than I am.

Tilan isn't being arrogant here. You are.

These are only your preferences, and yours alone.

Family members may call each other by their first names in order to forget the breach of their taboos.

Talking dirty helps certain people act dirty and release their inhibitions.

Anyone who claims that there is nothing sexy about anal sex is simply a primitive blockhead!

You forgot to demand pregnancy.

If you know exactly what you want, why not write your own story instead of preaching to others? Except for one moron here, we all write for ourselves; something we can be pleased with and proud of; certainly not to please weirdos like you.
@Tilan we agree 100% again! This is becoming a thing 😊.

More generally. The OP’s list of demands reads like a manifesto.

It’s simple dude. If that’s what you like, then go write it. Quit telling other folk how and what to write. That’s kinda rude.

Em

Last edited:
I actually had some sympathy for OP before they started being a dick about it. It's not bad advice, overall, so long as you take it as one reader's frustration with a broad category.

ETA:
"Hi, Mom!"
"Don't 'Mom' me, son. I know I gave birth to you, but you're all grown up and I'm a woman with needs. Mummy hasn't had her ass fucked in years, so treat me like the anal slut I am, son. Oh, and when you're done, the pigs need their wings clipped again. I may like it dirty, but not that kind of dirty!"

Last edited:

LOL, looks like I touched some personal raw nerves here. A retard like you who has his head stuffed up their rear end wouldn't understand the context of what I wrote.

I find your debating technique compelling. Where did you learn it? Is there a book I could read?

Em

The burn so nice you had to say it twice!

Hmm.

I started writing here because I wanted to read more of what I liked. Imagine how much less rich my life would be had I simply posted a finger-wagging thread in AH, telling writers that they should give me what I wanted! Instead, I just sat down and wrote it myself.

I think my way is more "constructive," to borrow the OP's word, but you do you. Regardless, I doubt very many writers find your "tips" all that "constructive" at this point. Once you start using ad-hominems, people tend to just ignore you. Or laugh at you. I'm not sure which is worse.

I was with the OP on the first couple of paragraphs, although we could of course debate the merits of 3rd person VS 1st person all day.

Then it got to the list of personal demands.

And the snarky reply with the unfunny insult he felt compelled to repeat twice.

Now I'm just here for the comments.

And as usual, my friends, you do not disappoint. 😆

Back