Dipping My Toes into I/T... But Is It Really 'I'?

MrPixel

Just a Regular Guy
I swear on a stack of Joy of Sex manuals... that I was never going to portray incest as sex-positive, but I've found myself stumbling into a couple of scenes with a hot divorced mother and two college-age daughters gettin' it on. Joyous lesbian couplings, in the context of a setting where Mom is all but pimping her progeny for scholarship money.

Technically, no. Incest is M-F intercourse between blood relatives. That discussion has been had a hundred times here. But the ladies having intimate fun within the family and with friends? Do I tag it as "Incest" as a heads-up? Or "Mom-Daughter" and "Sister-Sister" and leave it as that?

Discard the word "technically" from your vocabulary in this context. Technicalities, science, and legality have nothing to do with this. The key is: what will readers think? As always, reader opinions will vary, but I believe the Site's general policy is if there's incest, broadly conceived, then it belongs in the Incest category. If Mom and daughters are getting it on, then I'd put it in Incest.

I'm no expert on I/T, but I would say it depends on how much of the focus is on the mother and daughters having 'intimate fun' with each other. If they're just joining into larger groups, sharing partners, etc., then you can probably get away with a different category. I have a mother and daughters in Vacation with the Marshals which sits in Exhibitionism/Voyeur with no complaints. They're not doing a lot to and with each other, but they're joining in/watching/etc.

Is Incest really considered specific to M-F?

Category is irrelevant here. Scenes are within the context of a swinger story, so the encompassing writings are squarely in GS. I'm thinking of the tagging, to both attract and warn.

In the thinking out loud, "mother-daughter" covers two sins - intimacy between them, and the ol' trope of Mom and Sissy taking on guys. "Sisters" should convey the rest. I'll leave "incest" on the cutting room floor.

Pseudo-incest is quite prevalent within the I/T category, where the relationship of the parties involved factor into the premise more than blood lineage.

Step-siblings, step-parents, M/M, F/F, aunts and uncles... you name it, and so long as their is a familial connection, incest is the category to choose.

I swear on a stack of Joy of Sex manuals... that I was never going to portray incest as sex-positive,

You're writing a fantasy for people who understand fantasy; you're not trying to justify true crime...give yourself a break.

It's a bit disingenuous to argue over definitions of incest. We understand exactly why M-F intercourse is a special case: genetics. Even if M & F are fully consenting and unaware they are related, the risk of birth defects presents a real problem.

Culturally there are other reasons why sexual relationships between close family members can be problematic, and that's why incest is still an issue between step- relations where genetics is not a factor. As an erotic category, it is the forbidden nature of sex between close family members that adds so much conflict and eroticism.

If a person’s family are having sex in the same room with each other, watching each other have sex, or actively participating in a pimp operation together, yeah, putting the story in I/T is probably a good idea whether or not they’re actually having sex. And yes, incest can be homo- or heterosexual. My story Beijing Streakers has two sisters making out with each other while double teaming a guy. It also has two brothers double penetrating a woman. The brothers don’t have sex with each other but they’re clearly comfortable doing sexual activities in close proximity and if they were gay… The story would have gone in Incest if the characters weren’t based on Celebrities.

I swear on a stack of Joy of Sex manuals... that I was never going to portray incest as sex-positive, but I've found myself stumbling into a couple of scenes with a hot divorced mother and two college-age daughters gettin' it on. Joyous lesbian couplings, in the context of a setting where Mom is all but pimping her progeny for scholarship money.

Technically, no. Incest is M-F intercourse between blood relatives. That discussion has been had a hundred times here. But the ladies having intimate fun within the family and with friends? Do I tag it as "Incest" as a heads-up? Or "Mom-Daughter" and "Sister-Sister" and leave it as that?
Out of curiosity, I read a good number of Group Sex stories with the Incest tag to see how they compared with Incest stories with the Group Sex tag. There was one Group Sex story that IMHO should have been published in I/T as it fit there better. Otherwise, the Group Sex stories wouldn't have fit in I/T.

In the stories I read, there was lots of sex happening, and the incestuous sex was on the periphery. In one story, a mom, dad, and daughter showed up at a swinging party together. The daughter has sex with the narrator while they watch her parents have sex with other people. There was a question of whether the daughter would have sex with one of her parents, but it was a minor question rather than being important to the story. So if the story is about a mother and her two daughters having lots of sex with people outside their family, and they just so happen to occasionally have sex with a family member as part of the swirl of constant sex, I think it's better off in Group Sex.

I can only write it without blood relatives. It's crazy popular anyway, as I found out yesterday in my first attempt at the category.

It's made very clear that the stepmother thinks: "He never called me 'mom' but always by my first name, Marion. That was fine, because I didn't feel like his mom, but rather like an aunt or favorite teacher or some other role I couldn't define." That's as far as I feel comfortable writing about.

Just saying, it's my first story that is unequivocally set in the year in which it was written, 2024. Also it's in Nevada, which is a new one for me.

Out of curiosity, I read a good number of Group Sex stories with the Incest tag to see how they compared with Incest stories with the Group Sex tag. There was one Group Sex story that IMHO should have been published in I/T as it fit there better. Otherwise, the Group Sex stories wouldn't have fit in I/T.

In the stories I read, there was lots of sex happening, and the incestuous sex was on the periphery. In one story, a mom, dad, and daughter showed up at a swinging party together. The daughter has sex with the narrator while they watch her parents have sex with other people. There was a question of whether the daughter would have sex with one of her parents, but it was a minor question rather than being important to the story. So if the story is about a mother and her two daughters having lots of sex with people outside their family, and they just so happen to occasionally have sex with a family member as part of the swirl of constant sex, I think it's better off in Group Sex.
I've read plenty of MC that had lots of family that weren't in I/T. It seems to be able to go either way.

There are plenty of stories there that don't involve intercourse, including lesbian content. There are also stories involving step family and adopted family members. Some of them are pretty highly rated.

Back