Archetypes in FemDom

People do have to have a fet account to get to those threads.

People do have to have a fet account to get to those threads.

Yes, thank you. :)

Here are the titles: (There are descriptions for most of these on the site but you get the idea)

Dommes
~~~~~
*Amazon/Protector/Heroine
*Femme Fatale/Heartbreaker
*Geek/Nerd
*Wild Thing
*Healer
*Nurturer/Loving Domme (Mommy)
*Teacher/Guide
*Pet Owner
*Female Supremacist
*Queen/Princess/Lady of the Court
*Domly Little
*Disciplinarian
*Goddess/Enchantress isn't on the list, but I think it should be

subs
~~~~~
*Worm
*Knight
*Consort
*Rebel/Brat
*Pet
*Guard Dog
*Minion
*Butler
*Ninja/Samurai
*Male Geisha
*Warrior/Bodyguard
*Gladiator
*Slave
*Geek/Nerd
*Celibate One
*Virgin/Pure One
*Do-Me

Which do you identify with most?

Which do you find most appealing in a partner?

I identify most as a Nurturer/Lady of the Court/Pet Owner with some Goddess/Muse and Wild Thing/Little thrown in.

The sub types that appeal to me most are Knight, Butler, Gladiator, Pet.

My guilty pleasure is a Bratty Male Geisha. :eek:

I identify most as a Nurturer/Lady of the Court/Pet Owner with some Goddess/Muse and Wild Thing/Little thrown in.

...and me with no Japanese outfits...:(

Interesting. It hadn't occurred to me to think about tropes or archetypes in domination and submission, but they're such theatrical practices that it makes sense as a way of parsing things. Thanks for posting this.

Oh my! Sounds like some kind of 'Disparate Houseboys' kind of scenario! Interesting...:)

Lol! You always make me chuckle. :)

And hadn't you heard? I have a veritable stable of eager gentlemen awaiting my beck and call. ;)

Interesting. It hadn't occurred to me to think about tropes or archetypes in domination and submission, but they're such theatrical practices that it makes sense as a way of parsing things. Thanks for posting this.

Theatrical practices? Hm... I suppose this is true for many. But for others it is not so much a donning of costumes as it is an outward expression of what's already on the inside. It can be very subtle, you know? The gentle squeeze of an arm, a whispered intruction, a meaningful glance in a public setting.

When I look at the lists, I am not thinking, 'Which one do I want to be today?' but rather, 'Which one am I inherently? ' Or, 'Which sub types do I already know make good partners for me?' Narrowing down what I'm looking for based on prior experience helps me use my time more efficiently.

Plus, it's just fun! :) I like taking personality quizzes and such, I get a kick out of learning more about myself and my partners (previous and potential).

That's how I would describe myself too - although I've never thought of a Bratty Male Geisha before now, I do believe it might be my new guilty pleasure too!

Lol! You always make me chuckle. :)

And hadn't you heard? I have a veritable stable of eager gentlemen awaiting my beck and call. ;)

Theatrical practices? Hm... I suppose this is true for many. But for others it is not so much a donning of costumes as it is an outward expression of what's already on the inside. It can be very subtle, you know? The gentle squeeze of an arm, a whispered intruction, a meaningful glance in a public setting.

When I look at the lists, I am not thinking, 'Which one do I want to be today?' but rather, 'Which one am I inherently? ' Or, 'Which sub types do I already know make good partners for me?' Narrowing down what I'm looking for based on prior experience helps me use my time more efficiently.

Plus, it's just fun! :) I like taking personality quizzes and such, I get a kick out of learning more about myself and my partners (previous and potential).

I love personality quizzes too. I've given up on pushing them on other people though (hub's especially) because most of the time they're reluctant to share the juicier discoveries about themselves!

That's how I would describe myself too - although I've never thought of a Bratty Male Geisha before now, I do believe it might be my new guilty pleasure too!

I love personality quizzes too. I've given up on pushing them on other people though (hub's especially) because most of the time they're reluctant to share the juicier discoveries about themselves!

Hi, Liz! 🙋

He's a pain in the ass, but he keeps me coming back for more. :D:eek::devil:

I almost always ask new friends to take both a temperament test, and the 5 Love Languages quiz.
They're informative, and it gives us something interesting to talk about.

I agree! I never thought of D/s with archetypes either...and I'm a fiction writer. Still, it makes sense.

I think, for most people, these categories are probably more innate than "theatrical," but, yes...I get your drift.

You can bet I will reference these archetypes for character-building next time I write erotica on this theme, though.

■ My Domme archetype(s): Teacher - Healer/Energy play - Amazon (with emphasis on Teacher)

I agree! I never thought of D/s with archetypes either...and I'm a fiction writer. Still, it makes sense.

I think, for most people, these categories are probably more innate than "theatrical," but, yes...I get your drift.

You can bet I will reference these archetypes for character-building next time I write erotica on this theme, though.

■ My Domme archetype(s): Teacher - Healer/Energy play - Amazon (with emphasis on Teacher)

Well then I definitely look forward to reading your next story B.!

Hi, Liz! 🙋

He's a pain in the ass, but he keeps me coming back for more. :D:eek::devil:

I almost always ask new friends to take both a temperament test, and the 5 Love Languages quiz.
They're informative, and it gives us something interesting to talk about.

Mandatory testing - I love it! :D

What's the 5 Love Language quiz?

Mandatory testing - I love it! :D

What's the 5 Love Language quiz?

Nah, not mandatory. I either ask or suggest, depending on which approach I feel is likely to be best received. I like my friends to choose to serve me because they desire to please me, not because I'm forcing them to. I'd rather lure and entice a man than twist his arm. At least until he's caught in my web. ;)

If you Google '5 Love Languages Quiz' you should find it easily. :) It's about the different ways in which we hear and speak love in our close relationships.

Nah, not mandatory. I either ask or suggest, depending on which approach I feel is likely to be best received. I like my friends to choose to serve me because they desire to please me, not because I'm forcing them to. I'd rather lure and entice a man than twist his arm. At least until he's caught in my web. ;)

If you Google '5 Love Languages Quiz' you should find it easily. :) It's about the different ways in which we hear and speak love in our close relationships.

Got it! Thanks! :rose:

(I agree btw. I'm just feeling a little bossier than usual right now lol)

Is anyone interested in the related field of CFNM (clothed female, naked male)?

Thanks for the suggestions re cfnm Wild.

When you say archetypes in Femdom, what exactly do you mean? I presume Jung didn't go into this?!

A lot of people like to put labels on things, which is cool. Kind of like those 'what ___ are you' personality tests that used to flood the internet. The Quizilla renaissance, I think it was called.

I guess for myself it would be Nurturer+Disciplinarian. Not really sure if there are any down there that my partner would be. Pure one, maybe, we were both virgins at the time. Maybe nerd? He doesn't seem nerdy to me but has those interests.

Amazons are cool as hell, though. Like absolutely muscled out, sky-high height, tribal accessories... Snu-snu types. I see them mainly in literature, not so much on the street though.

I'm a little unfamiliar with ninja/samurai types. Are they literally ninjas and samurai, or is it more of a loyalty/honor thing with the submissive?

Oh great. Just great. Now I want to read historical gentle femdom about a beautiful Queen and her faithful knight. Where am I supposed to find THAT genre, huh? :)

Back