The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Hi all....:) Thought I would pop in for a short short and give you a update....;)

Yes still alive and doing well. Under going BCG treatments right now at CTCA. 2 down 4 more to go. So far and I mean so far things are looking up. Had surgery back last month and it turns out the cancer was not invasive and had not gone into the muscle. T1 Stage 2. So was perfect candidate for the BCG treatments.

I am still hanging tough and kicking this fucking cancer's ass back to wherever it came from.

ass-kicking.gif
big-machine-gun.gif

I'd been thinking of you lately. Thanks for keeping us updated. Much love and support for you and those with you. :rose:

GoAztecs - glad to hear your breathing test showed improvement. So sorry about your friend's dad.

AppleofEden - ((( hugs ))) for you supporting your brother. That's a special bond.

:heart::heart:

Wishing everyone the best. I can relate to "new normal." My cousin finally went home from the hospital. Now has daily visits to doctor to get platelets. Feeling helpless. Both of us have been diagnosed with an indolent form of NHL. Thinking language of indolent cancers, and protocols, need an overhaul. Medical community, there is no good cancer. Those with indolent NHL just dont have solid tumors.

I'd been thinking of you lately. Thanks for keeping us updated. Much love and support for you and those with you. :rose:

GoAztecs - glad to hear your breathing test showed improvement. So sorry about your friend's dad.

AppleofEden - ((( hugs ))) for you supporting your brother. That's a special bond.

Thanks cookiecat. We all need a hug once in awhile. Hugs right back to you too. I can't imagine how difficult things are for your husband and you. Sending both of you my thoughts and prayers. :rose:

Positive thoughts, prayers, and hugs all around. Keep fighting and be strong for each other.:heart:

Since I have been living with end stage liver failure for over 8 years I've always been researching medical information and the other day came across some research that I'd missed before that ties in with cancers, inflammatory diseases, etc.. It's kind of random but it's at the least interesting and good to know. I'll post links and if it can help someone even better. :) In a nutshell it's about how intermittent fasting can shift your body into a kind of maintenance and repair mode where damaged cells are broken down and stem cell regeneration is triggered.

http://news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2016/03/11/autophagy.aspx

http://fitness.mercola.com/sites/fitness/archive/2016/03/25/health-benefits-fasting.aspx

The brother of a friend of mine was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer 5 weeks ago. He's getting on in years, widowed, and decided against any treatment other than palliative.

He took a rapid turn for the worse a week ago, and when I rang today, he wasn't expected to survive till tomorrow.

FYC

Apple, interesting perspective on Shank's new normal. Good vibes to your brother in his grapple with cellfucker. Hang in there.

LadyVer: :rose:

Interesting stuff, Betticus. I fast some days, so it's interesting to hear that side of the process.

Hi all....:) Thought I would pop in for a short short and give you a update....;)

Yes still alive and doing well. Under going BCG treatments right now at CTCA. 2 down 4 more to go. So far and I mean so far things are looking up. Had surgery back last month and it turns out the cancer was not invasive and had not gone into the muscle. T1 Stage 2. So was perfect candidate for the BCG treatments.

I am still hanging tough and kicking this fucking cancer's ass back to wherever it came from.

ass-kicking.gif
big-machine-gun.gif

You. Hang. In. There!

:rose:

FYC!

The brother of a friend of mine was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer 5 weeks ago. He's getting on in years, widowed, and decided against any treatment other than palliative.

He took a rapid turn for the worse a week ago, and when I rang today, he wasn't expected to survive till tomorrow.

FYC

I'm so sorry to hear this Lally.

ass-kicking.gif
big-machine-gun.gif

SOOOOO HAPPY to hear that. Been thinking of you a lot sweet one.
And yes LET'S KICK CANCERS ASS.
:kiss::kiss::kiss::heart:

FYC

Sorry Lally. It's a difficult decision to make, but it sounds as if he made the best one for him. I've dealt a fair amount with that type of cancer. It isn't pretty and the treatments, especially the surgical treatments, are sometimes more painful and difficult for the person to deal with than the path your friend chose.

It's never an easy choice. Positive thoughts to you, your friend, and his family.

FYC!

Sorry Lally. It's a difficult decision to make, but it sounds as if he made the best one for him. I've dealt a fair amount with that type of cancer. It isn't pretty and the treatments, especially the surgical treatments, are sometimes more painful and difficult for the person to deal with than the path your friend chose.

It's never an easy choice. Positive thoughts to you, your friend, and his family.

FYC!

Thank you, Apple :rose:

I got the call to say he died yesterday, peacefully and with his family with him.

Thank you cookiecat :rose:

FYC

Sorry to hear this

FYC

Thank you, Apple :rose:

I got the call to say he died yesterday, peacefully and with his family with him.

(((Hugs))) I'm so sorry for the loss you and his family/friends are and will experience. At the same time, I'm happy he wasn't tortured by treatment options that would have not made for a "peaceful" last few weeks. Having a peaceful death surrounded by family is the best one can hope for IMHO. (and in my vast experience with death and the death process)

Mr. cookie had an "episode" yesterday - super scary. After a tough weekend and a busy, chaotic Monday morning, he had a panic attack once everyone left. We signed up for hospice and it started yesterday.

I took him outside, thought the sun and air would calm him down. Instead, he started hyperventilating. His eyes rolled back in his head but eyelids didn't close, his head flopped to side and his mouth was just slack.

WTF? Holy cats. At scary times in the past, I've become superwoman - like one of those moms you hear about who can lift a car of their trapped kid. This was not the case. I shook him, screamed at him, I actually slapped him twice - hard. He didn't wake up. I ran down the patio to the driveway - our home health aide had walked out the door with us. I was hoping he was still in his car but that wasn't the case.

When I ran back, Mr. cookie was awake but unfocused. He didn't realize I was hysterically crying until I grabbed his shirt and shook him. He looked at me and asked what was wrong. He didn't remember the episode.

This whole thing only last a minute.

It made me realize I'm just not ready for anything. We've planned everything - we've had the tough discussions. And yet, when this moment happened, I wasn't quite sure what to do.

This morning, he's perky, alert. Feeling focused. Chapping my ass that I have clothes on - so clearly, his attitude is much better.

Fuck. Fuckity fuck. Fuck ALS. Fuck cancer. Fuck the things out of our control.

Mr. cookie had an "episode" yesterday - super scary. After a tough weekend and a busy, chaotic Monday morning, he had a panic attack once everyone left. We signed up for hospice and it started yesterday.

I took him outside, thought the sun and air would calm him down. Instead, he started hyperventilating. His eyes rolled back in his head but eyelids didn't close, his head flopped to side and his mouth was just slack.

WTF? Holy cats. At scary times in the past, I've become superwoman - like one of those moms you hear about who can lift a car of their trapped kid. This was not the case. I shook him, screamed at him, I actually slapped him twice - hard. He didn't wake up. I ran down the patio to the driveway - our home health aide had walked out the door with us. I was hoping he was still in his car but that wasn't the case.

When I ran back, Mr. cookie was awake but unfocused. He didn't realize I was hysterically crying until I grabbed his shirt and shook him. He looked at me and asked what was wrong. He didn't remember the episode.

It made me realize I'm just not ready for anything. We've planned everything - we've had the tough discussions. And yet, when this moment happened, I wasn't quite sure what to do.

This morning, he's perky, alert. Feeling focused. Chapping my ass that I have clothes on - so clearly, his attitude is much better.

That had to be absolutely terrifying!!! I don't think we can ever prepare ourselves for everything. We just aren't that clinical about people we love! I'm so sorry you both have to make this journey because it just sucks. Hang in there cookiecat...you are a warrior and you are an amazing support for Mr.cookie! *superbig airhug* Positive thoughts and prayers for you both! :rose: FUCK YOU ALS!!! FUCK YOU CANCER!!!

Cookie, I'm sorry to read about what happened but it feels to me like you're being way too hard on yourself. Yes, you are a superwoman - the way that you have dealt with Mr Cookie's illness is humbling for the rest of us.

But I don't believe it is ever possible to prepare yourself for that kind of shock. I hope you manage to get some time to yourself to recover your equilibrium.

Sending huge positive vibes in your direction :rose:

saw a friend this morning, a former coworker, a man I've know for over a decade. He has terminal liver cancer. The docs give him a year, at best. To see this man, that I thought would out live us all, frail, weakened, and scared....

it just breaks my heart......:(

All the preparation in the world can not prepare your heart for the pain cookiecat. Know one thing, you have done everything and more for your love. He knows that and you have to remember that.

Now, it sounds like there is one more thing for you to do to please him...take off those clothes and improve his attitude a bit more. :heart::heart::heart:

Fuck ALS! Fuck cancer!

Hugs cookie...love, thoughts, and prayers to you and your hubby. :rose:

This leaves me with a pain like ground glass in my stomach.

Major strength, love and support to you, my friend.

:rose:

FYALS.

Back