The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

We are leaving soon to go to the memorial service of a dear friend's husband - cancer took him last week following a two year battle that left him exhausted, frail and unable to eat the last two months. He was my age. :(

om mani padme hum....

FUCK YOU CANCER :mad:

I'm not sure why I'm here other than it's easier to tell far away faces and friends than it is in real life.

I somehow believe my sheer force of love will keep my husband alive. How can it not? I've only had him 5 years. I sit here, watching him sleep, afraid to let him sleep.

The hospice doctor was here. Said husband is in active dying phase. He thought two days. My husband said no way! :heart: Two days. A week? I'll take every moment I can get.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

So sorry CC...such heartbreaking news...Watching someone you love die slowly right before your eyes is the most difficult thing you will ever do...

My heart breaks for you and I am praying and sending you comforting hugs.

As hard as it is for you he is so very lucky to have you and I am wishing for more days for the two of you...

Mother had thyroid cancer. 2 cousins, step mother, and an aunt survived breast cancer, aunt has leukemia, lost my wife's uncle to prostate cancer...

Yea FUCK YOU CANCER !!!

I'm not sure why I'm here other than it's easier to tell far away faces and friends than it is in real life.

I somehow believe my sheer force of love will keep my husband alive. How can it not? I've only had him 5 years. I sit here, watching him sleep, afraid to let him sleep.

The hospice doctor was here. Said husband is in active dying phase. He thought two days. My husband said no way! :heart: Two days. A week? I'll take every moment I can get.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

Hugs and prayers cookie cat :rose:

The big C took my Patty 1/9/16.We were togather for 24 years She was 70, had a few more good years, but no!!!!I"m tearing up even now

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

:rose:

I'm so sorry CC - I can't begin to imagine what you're going through.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

:)heart:):)heart:):)heart:):)heart:)

The big C took my Patty 1/9/16.We were togather for 24 years She was 70, had a few more good years, but no!!!!I"m tearing up even now

It took my hubby the day after my 49th birthday... he was eight days short of his 54th.... we had only been together for 23 years. *offers you a tissue and a hug*

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

You dont know me, but, I read these threads enough. Peace and love for the days ahead. :heart: For what its worth. But you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers. :rose:

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

So sorry you and your husband are making this awful journey. So glad you had one another for the time you have had!
FUCK ALS!!!! FUCK CANCER!!! FUCK LOSS!!!

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

praying for you sweet lady. :rose:

OK Damn it...time for the first of many (me)to win one and send this cellfucker on his way...

Today I was told I am in remission...cancer-free...

After damaging my heart, enlarging my liver, and killing my pancreas (I am now a diabetic) the tests show NO evidence of cancer.

The kind of cancer I had has a strong chance of recurring but for now I am celebrating!!!

Oh and for all my friends out there struggling do not think I forgot how hard the battle is and I am still praying for so many of you...BIG HUGS

Fuck you cancer...

awesome!

First off, 'hang in there' hugs for cookie, and 'hooray' hugs for cmslt!!!!

The C has touched us, albeit minimally. Master had a growth above his elbow that concerned us. Two weeks ago he had it removed by his dermatologist. Pathology came back with squamous cell cancer. :(

Thankfully it's a relatively 'mild' cancer when caught early. It's pretty likely that the physician's assistant excised most of it, but I can see a suspicious edge on one corner. He will be following up on Wednesday with what to do next.

I'm grateful that, if we have to be touched so directly, it is a very reasonable form of cancer. But I hate that I'm going down this road again, and I hate seeing the worry that Master is showing. I've done a bunch of medical searching (my old specialty at work) and shown him lots of information of the 'don't panic' persuasion. Of course there is still worry for a while, but I think he's in very good hands. Considering all of his sun exposure over the years, I think he has been very, very fortunate.

:rose::rose::rose: to everyone. Recently realized I probably have a recurrence of skin cancer. Have to get it checked out. Dammit.

The C has touched us, albeit minimally. Master had a growth above his elbow that concerned us. Two weeks ago he had it removed by his dermatologist. Pathology came back with squamous cell cancer. :(

Thankfully it's a relatively 'mild' cancer when caught early. It's pretty likely that the physician's assistant excised most of it, but I can see a suspicious edge on one corner. He will be following up on Wednesday with what to do next.

I'm grateful that, if we have to be touched so directly, it is a very reasonable form of cancer. But I hate that I'm going down this road again, and I hate seeing the worry that Master is showing. I've done a bunch of medical searching (my old specialty at work) and shown him lots of information of the 'don't panic' persuasion. Of course there is still worry for a while, but I think he's in very good hands. Considering all of his sun exposure over the years, I think he has been very, very fortunate.

:rose::rose::rose: to everyone. Recently realized I probably have a recurrence of skin cancer. Have to get it checked out. Dammit.

Sorry to hear this from you both, and here's to early catches and speedy recoveries! :rose:

This is a shame. I hope he is able to get rid of all the bad cells soon.

I suspect the sign should read, "Welcome to Arizona. Caution: the Surgeon General Advises that Continued Residency is Hazardous to Your Skin Health."

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

Hi Cookie. I just read this post for the first time a few minutes ago. So sorry about your husband's illness. Life is often not very fair. Wishing you the strength to get through this very difficult period. :( :rose:

And of course my best wishes to everyone else on this thread suffering through equally agonizing periods.

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

Supportive thoughts

Fuck ALS.

Fuck cancer

Fuck loss

I know lil one. I know.........

I just wanted to pop in to say thank you for the kind messages.

Has anyone heard from Devlishone??

Thank you for the wonderful "hooray" desertslave.

I am so sorry that your master has been diagnosed with skin cancer...praying for him and you...

Here is to the day when his worries are alleviated and he returns to good health...positive vibes for good fortune...

Back