Healthy Eating/Fitness Goals? Check in here!

I had MORE than the recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables today, none of which were french fries. *buffs nails on shirt*

Military presses this evening. I was the only person in the gym. You'd think there was a major sporting event going on this evening.

I had MORE than the recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables today, none of which were french fries. *buffs nails on shirt*

Impressive! :)

Military presses this evening. I was the only person in the gym. You'd think there was a major sporting event going on this evening.

I love going out when big games are on. I remember shopping with my wife once when our local team was in the playoffs. I think I saw tumbleweeds blowing through the mall.

Planning to do some cardio this evening. Workouts are going well, but my food choices continue to suck ass.

I exercise little
As I am old and brittle
But I keep my weight down
By eating a pound of
Coleslaw with non-fat dressing
In the morning.

The February challenge at my husband's work gym has me eating more servings of fruits and veggies and doing more cardio than usual. Lifting is still consistent.

Planning to do some cardio this evening. Workouts are going well, but my food choices continue to suck ass.

I've become very interested in fitness this year. Diet is 70% of the way your body will look. So it's actually more important to watch what you eat.

the thread has grown so quiet with the x-mas eating frenzy at a safe distance...

The days has gotten longer and it is not just either wet or freezing (sometimes wet and freezing).

weight is stable at or slightly under 75 kg and I run at least every other day. Now it is time to increase the distance.

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm still hanging in there!

I've finished the January and February challenges through my husband's employer, which are cardio-heavy, and WRT strength training, I'm getting ready to start the second week of my fourth 5/3/1 cycle.

The next challenge is a partner challenge, which I'll be completing with my husband. From March 9 to May 15 we will, between the two of us, have to complete 150 miles on the bike, 45,000 strides on the elliptical, 50,000 meters of rowing, and 60 miles on the treadmill.

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm still hanging in there!

I've finished the January and February challenges through my husband's employer, which are cardio-heavy, and WRT strength training, I'm getting ready to start the second week of my fourth 5/3/1 cycle.

The next challenge is a partner challenge, which I'll be completing with my husband. From March 9 to May 15 we will, between the two of us, have to complete 150 miles on the bike, 45,000 strides on the elliptical, 50,000 meters of rowing, and 60 miles on the treadmill.

Will he even have to leave the house for you to reach those numbers? ;)

Can I Join

Hello Folks...
Wish I found this sooner.

Congrats to all and keep going!!!!

Little bit of background...
Last May I had surgery on my hip for FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) They shaved my Hip Ball so it would not pinch my Hip Bone. 9 month recovery. I did not think it would be that long....well it is. It still hurts(my fault..did not follow thru with PT due to circumstances)

Anyway Feb 1 2015 I decided enough and started with the Insanity Program. I did this before and I love/hate it :) I only do the first month of workouts due to not being able to finish the program the first time and coming to the realization I need to be better with the first month programs to do begin the 2nd months.

So I am 3 weeks into it. I think my hip is doing better. I found I am better with the stretching and moving on that hip. I keep the jumping to very soft and low so no impact. I need to do todays routine to be done for the week...Not looking forward to it.

I did the plank challenge a couple of months ago....very hard and only got to 3 1/2 minutes. Could not get further. Since I am doing Insanity, I will try again due to training my arms and stomach more.

BTW- I entered into the Columbus, Oh half marathon in Oct. So that is my other motivation.

So......Keep motivated and I look forward to checking back....!!!

Welcome, 5watcher! :)

You've had quite a setback to overcome. Good luck with your half-marathon training.

In other news, I'll be back on the cardio bunny bandwagon when my husband's employer's partner challenge starts on Monday. I'll still be lifting, obviously.

I've been on the fitness regime for 6 months now. Have lost 9 kilos. I love going to the gym and have a fantastic trainer. I've had laryngitis for the past 2 weeks and have really missed the gym but am aiming to get there in a day or two to get back into the routine :)

I need to get back to running. Frigid cold and too much snow have left me with no desire to do anything but drink coffee in the morning.

Going to run 5 in a bit. I think Spring is finally here!

Did my Insanity program and then walked 2 miles. Yea!!!

Keep positive everyone!!!

Started stepping up the fat-loss efforts today. I'm happy with my weight, but I'd like to recomp.

The last several weeks have been pretty lousy here, health-wise (mental & physical). More food than wished has been consumed. But I find myself back at the same weight as when the ordeals started. We can ease back into reduction mode and continue toward our goals. (I still wish to drop another 12% of my body mass.) It helps that spring is here and long walks are available again. We'll just have to avoid the bears and pumas.

I have a question to ask, if anyone can help me please? Hubby has got me a vivofit wristband to help with my running, and it's linked to a nutrition website which monitors what you eat, and compares it to recommended guidelines.

I was a bit surprised that, even allowing for the hidden salt content of processed foods, I'm only hitting around 500 mg sodium per day against the ideal of 2300 mg.

I can find a lot of information about the side effects of having too much sodium, but does anyone know if there any consequences of having substantially less, or is it irrelevant?

I have a question to ask, if anyone can help me please? Hubby has got me a vivofit wristband to help with my running, and it's linked to a nutrition website which monitors what you eat, and compares it to recommended guidelines.

I was a bit surprised that, even allowing for the hidden salt content of processed foods, I'm only hitting around 500 mg sodium per day against the ideal of 2300 mg.

I can find a lot of information about the side effects of having too much sodium, but does anyone know if there any consequences of having substantially less, or is it irrelevant?

You might want to take up licking salty rocks just in case. You know, just to be safe.

Back