The Official Author's Hangout 2014 Valentine's Day Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
Since Christmas decorations seem to appear even before Halloween, it is perhaps only fitting that before Christmas -- before winter, even -- we start thinking hearts, cupids, and Valentine's Day. Because the Literotica Valentine's Day* contest waits for no one!

Come one, come all for support -- moral and otherwise, although hey, that's between you guys.

No official rules or guidelines yet, but I will post them as they become available.

Arrows Aweigh!

-----
* This is the only official contest. Beware of fake contests.

Looks like traditionally this contest starts Jan/20 and if you don't have an idea for a story, I don't see this thread as too early. And I don't have any ideas other then a title.

Valentine's day? Yeesh, I just today bought my wife's Christmas Gift, have mercy will you?

I'm planning on getting something in for this. I'll stress the word planning because who knows what I'll end up doing or not doing in the next month.

Time to drag the stories that petered out on me the last couple of years and see if any of them are sparking me - again *laugh*

One of these days, I'm going to get "Violet Valentine" to come together. I've had different starts of that one building in the half-baked folder for probably 4 years now.

I've already finished one Incest story (brother/sister) and I'm working on two more, anal and nonconsent.

Can't wait!

I'll be ineligible because of my Winter Holidays win, but I have several incomplete Valentine's stories to work on. So does jeanne_d_artois, but she's ineligible too.

I might finish one or two just to clear the way for new ones for 2015.

But whatever I write, I'm going to find it hard to write a better story than my recent winner. :(

I might finish one or two just to clear the way for new ones for 2015.

But whatever I write, I'm going to find it hard to write a better story than my recent winner. [/QUOTE]

I hope you do because that one was fabulous-. It was so genuine and the writing beautiful. Thank you.

I'm not eligible, but I do have an idea for a story and I've already written a couple of pages. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out.

I've got a story that is 80% of the way done. One sex scene and the denouement and I'm done. I'm going to put it in Romance, which is a category I haven't done yet, although upon reflection I could have stuck a few things in there. So if I can't finish that in a month, I'm a loser.

I have a couple started but with my schedule between now and June I'm not sure what I'll have time for.

I've started my annual review of outstanding part-written stories.

I have 9 Valentine's Day drafts and many more that could be adapted to be Valentine's Day entries.

I have 11 Winter Holiday drafts; 6 for Earth Day; 3 for National Nude Day; 8 for Halloween; and 91 others.

That doesn't include the ones I have abandoned as unlikely to ever be completed. :rolleyes:

I've started my annual review of outstanding part-written stories.

I have 9 Valentine's Day drafts and many more that could be adapted to be Valentine's Day entries.

I have 11 Winter Holiday drafts; 6 for Earth Day; 3 for National Nude Day; 8 for Halloween; and 91 others.

That doesn't include the ones I have abandoned as unlikely to ever be completed. :rolleyes:

You must have one cluttered computer. How do you keep it all straight?

You must have one cluttered computer. How do you keep it all straight?

Folders within folders: Main folder Fiction; subfolders for each year, and within each year other subfolders for 'earlier drafts', 'current drafts' - sometimes split between Over 750 and Under 750 words, 'chapters needed' and if necessary temporary subfolders for each contest.

Under the main folder 'Fiction' I have another subfolder 'Index' for completed stories subdivided again into the Contest themes and other categories for series such as 'Gulliver's Travels' 'Flawed Red Silk' 'Tripletit' etc.

In the last few days of December I trawl through the current drafts, deleting some, checking for earlier drafts or completed stories that should have been moved to the appropriate folders, and then I set up the folders for the next year. The figures in my post above are AFTER a rigorous pruning of the so-called 'current drafts'. If I hadn't pruned each year that folder would contain 500 or more possible stories.

jeanne_d_artois' work is easier - one main folder, subfolders 'Index' for posted stories divided into 'Laundry Tales' and 'Other'; and subfolders for 'earlier drafts' and 'current drafts'.

Except when approaching the NaNoWriMo month I do not have any place for ideas or possible stories. If the idea doesn't stay in my head, wanting to be written, it isn't compelling enough. For NaNoWriMo I try to list stories I want to write, most of which will already be in the 'current draft' folder awaiting completion. I don't count words already written - only the words written in November.

I'd really like to enter a story in this contest. What typically does well? Does romance/erotic couplings do better than other more random categories?

Just curious ... :)

Whatever scores the highest does well. Categories like Romance and Nonerotic do well for Valentine's Day, of course.

I have one set aside for the Valentine's Day contest. Will have to go dust it off and see what it's about.

I'd really like to enter a story in this contest. What typically does well? Does romance/erotic couplings do better than other more random categories?

Romance is obvious for this one. Others depends on the author and if they can draw their fans to the contest.

I would say for V-Day Non consent would not be the right choice.

A BDSM story won a few years back. :D

I hope that helps you decide. ;)

How are people doing?

I pulled out a story from last year that I didn't have time to finish. I had two possible entries, and I got bogged down with one, while the other was a quickie about a quickie, so that was the one that got finished.

I have forgotten how much I like this story (it's breathless Harlequin romance-style) and I'm not sure why I got so tied up by it. I've polished up what I already had. Not bad but needed some trimming and tucking, and I just added on a section that I feel really good about. I don't expect to win, place, or show, but I'll be proud of it, I hope.

I've had one on ice for months. But have to take it out and review it to see if it's still good to go.

Finally getting my creative drive back, but I'm turning it to finishing a multi-chapter story that's been languishing half done for years.

I'll drag everything out of the half-baked folder and take a look at them after that to see if anything can be salvaged or sparks a better idea.

Not eligible, but I have a nasty little Anti-Valentine's Day horror story that will be perfect for the comp.

Back