Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a sad day when you find yourself hiding out in your daughter's room waiting for the Jehova's Witnesses to leave your porch. :rolleyes:

You can always do what I do, If I'm in a playful mood, when they ask if I have time to talk about God I say "sure, what do you want to know about Her?" That is usually enough to make them turn on their heels and walk away.

When I'm feeling less playful, I'll flat out tell them that I'll talk to them about anything they want, EXCEPT religion. Most of the time they say thank you and walk away. The more persistent ones will comment on how beautiful the yard is, and I respond with details about the yard, what we have, etc. This is where they will try to slip in "God blah, blah, blah", and I stop them dead and tell them "no religion, remember?" It usually only takes stopping them once, maybe twice, before they move on in search of their next victim.:D

Of course, all this is so much easier with a locked 6' chainlink fence around the property. Go ahead, ask me how I know this. :D;)

I used to threaten to put a sign on the door that said "Salesmen and Jehovah's witnesses welcome. Dog food is expensive."

They're just people too. I don't know why everyone has to be mean to them all the time.

You're a sweetheart. I invited the little Mormon boys for dinner a while back. They are extremely nice and polite people. I figure it was a while since they had a nice meal or since someone treated them well.

Agree with them or not, I find their dedication beautiful. The Mormons literally give up two years of their lives to travel and preach what they believe. That gets my respect.

I have never seen a disrespectful Mormon. If you tell them you don't have time, they will leave. Simple.

rainshine quoth:
this reminded me of ed. where is he anyway? all ok, ed?
yep, just having trouble with my sleep cycle and it's been preventing my visiting here. :>

rainshine quoth:
they're just people too. i don't know why everyone has to be mean to them all the time.
cuz we're trying to help them--rejection builds character, doncha know! :D

ed

They're just people too. I don't know why everyone has to be mean to them all the time.

Mean? I just keep it brief - benefits all. There are times when I work a lot from home - a knock at the door breaks my flow. I did not invite them to drop by. If randoms walked in on my other work environments I would call security - simple.

Of course, all this is so much easier with a locked 6' chainlink fence around the property. Go ahead, ask me how I know this. :D;)

Nice try! I'm not falling for that one again. ;):D

I've always found a simple, no thank you has worked. Maybe Australian Jehova's and Mormons are more polite.

They must be more polite in Australia, the Jehova's around here don't want to take no for an answer.

Agree with them or not, I find their dedication beautiful. The Mormons literally give up two years of their lives to travel and preach what they believe. That gets my respect.

I have never seen a disrespectful Mormon. If you tell them you don't have time, they will leave. Simple.

One of my best friends in high school was Mormon. I've never had an issue when a Mormon comes to the door. I always have a little chat with them and then they are on their way. They never try to force their beliefs down your throat. You're correct, their dedication is lovely.

They must be more polite in Australia, the Jehova's around here don't want to take no for an answer.
I haven't gotten any proselytizers of any religious persuasion recently, but in light of what my town has gone through in the last several months, I'm tempted to buy some nontracts from the Freedom from Religion Foundation and hand them out to anyone who comes to my door looking to convert me.

I've always found a simple, no thank you has worked. Maybe Australian Jehova's and Mormons are more polite.

Religious zealots are no different from anyone else who invites themselves into your home, polite or not, if you are not invited, you are not welcome, regardless of what commodity you're trying to sell.

I haven't gotten any proselytizers of any religious persuasion recently, but in light of what my town has gone through in the last several months, I'm tempted to buy some nontracts from the Freedom from Religion Foundation and hand them out to anyone who comes to my door looking to convert me.

Sounds like a plan! What cracks me up is that I have a super long driveway and there are a few no trespassing signs posted along the way. I guess I need to get NippleMuncher to give me a hand putting up a fence!

I can't say that I've ever really had a problem with them. In fact, my wife gets on to me because I talk to them too long. It's mainly due to the fact that I don't want to do yard work, so it gave me an excuse to stop.

The JWs are a bit more forceful that the Mormons. But I've always found them to be good hearted people, in their specific treatment towards me.

I can't say that I've ever really had a problem with them. In fact, my wife gets on to me because I talk to them too long. It's mainly due to the fact that I don't want to do yard work, so it gave me an excuse to stop.

The JWs are a bit more forceful that the Mormons. But I've always found them to be good hearted people, in their specific treatment towards me.

Oh, I'm not saying they're not perfectly lovely people. However, when I tell them that I'm happy and secure in my beliefs/religion and they just keep on trying, it annoys me. I just don't have it in me to be downright rude, which is probably why I've just given up and go hide when I see them come up the driveway. LOL

I guess I need to get NippleMuncher to give me a hand putting up a fence!

I'm not falling for that one again! :eek:;):D

It will be cheaper to just buy yourself a pump shotgun. I don't care who you are or what your knowledge of guns is, there is nothing like hearing the rack of a shotgun to put that warm putty feeling in the seat of their shorts! :devil::D

Could use prayers, positive thoughts, magic juju, happy vibes and whatever else you've got...

hug.gif
:heart: Hope you're okay.

I have quit my Diet Coke habit (8-10 bottles per day) and it has turned up my horndog level Up to 11.

Hurrah!

I racked a shotgun on an intruder in my home once. It did the trick. :D

Rainy, I love ya dearly. Hugs, love, and prayers coming your way. And I'm always just a yahoo away if you need a shoulder.

I think I feel left out. I've never gotten a penis pic from Eilan. :(

Hi BG! *waves*

Hi Ed! *waves and ducks in case trout smack is forthcoming*

Hi RS! Good thoughts coming your way from my dark little corner of the world.

I really wish this headache would go away. Three days is more time and dain bramage than one person should have to bear. I think I may be beset by demons. . . again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back