As The Hospital Pervs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heartbreaking. I cannot imagine how you cope.

Effexor. And occasionally Xanax.

Honestly, most of the time I'm OK. I can see that what I (and the rest of the team) do during the day makes a difference. Sometimes just a little, other times a lot. We've had some really major successes. We also support each other - there are a lot of impromptu therapy sessions in the break room.

Other days I go home and cry. Or post things here. Or both.

I could not do it.

Sure you could. The bottom line is; they deserve good care, and I provide it. Wash, rinse, repeat. Reposition q 2h to prevent skin breakdown. Passive ROM QID. Refer to OT, PT, RT, dietary. Assess comfort, manage pain.

My patients don't lie to me, drug-seek, yell at me, sneak in food, leave a.m.a., or any of the million other annoying things most patients do.

Some of my favorite people are retarded.

Sure you could. The bottom line is; they deserve good care, and I provide it. Wash, rinse, repeat. Reposition q 2h to prevent skin breakdown. Passive ROM QID. Refer to OT, PT, RT, dietary. Assess comfort, manage pain.

My patients don't lie to me, drug-seek, yell at me, sneak in food, leave a.m.a., or any of the million other annoying things most patients do.

Some of my favorite people are retarded.
It has been a rough week.

My favorite resident has piercing blue eyes and a wicked sarcastic streak in his very dry sense of humor. We banter... a lot.

His chief of staff seems to like standing behind my lead-clad body and whispering instructions in my ear. It can be somewhat distracting, it can.

My favorite resident has piercing blue eyes and a wicked sarcastic streak in his very dry sense of humor. We banter... a lot.

His chief of staff seems to like standing behind my lead-clad body and whispering instructions in my ear. It can be somewhat distracting, it can.

Huh. For some reason I thought you were a dood.

I have a fear of blue eyed men. They scare me.
---

Today was quiet. I actually had time to take my breaks. It was eerie - I kept waiting for the shitstorm, but it never came.

Maybe tomorrow.

Today was quiet. I actually had time to take my breaks. It was eerie - I kept waiting for the shitstorm, but it never came.

Maybe tomorrow.
When I clock out on a rare day like that I always feel a few butterflies inside my belly as if I did something wrong, or met the eyes of a stranger man by accident. When I leave I always say to myself: Escape from ICU.

I have been home for a few days. The last day that I worked was face meltingly insane. I didn't get to knock out the clock out till 9pm.

When I clock out on a rare day like that I always feel a few butterflies inside my belly as if I did something wrong, or met the eyes of a stranger man by accident. When I leave I always say to myself: Escape from ICU.

I have been home for a few days. The last day that I worked was face meltingly insane. I didn't get to knock out the clock out till 9pm.

Face meltingly insane. I like that.

Double the shitstorm today, so apparently the world is back in balance. Oh well, it's over. Back to do it all again tomorrow.

It's the week of psycho parents. The parents of every scheduled admission this week have, in the past, either (a) sued us, (b) accused us of abuse, or (c) both. YET THEY KEEP BRINGING THEIR KIDS BACK. :rolleyes:

I hope you're enjoying your days off. :rose:

It's the week of psycho parents. The parents of every scheduled admission this week have, in the past, either (a) sued us, (b) accused us of abuse, or (c) both. YET THEY KEEP BRINGING THEIR KIDS BACK. :rolleyes:

The kids aren't important to them. The chance to win at Lawsuit Lotto is.

I repossessed a car once and the guy had his kids lay on the ground in front of the tires. He was hoping I'd run them over so he could sue. Amazingly, Newport Beach P.D. did not consider this child endangerment.

At times I think the whole world is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back