What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, stupid...

Stock market is long-term. Most IRA's are shares... Capice?

Social Security is a Ponzi, a collapsing Ponzi, but now, like Barney Frank before, our first black Pres__ent is assuring us that Social Security is sound, pretty much like his claim that if we gave him a huge wad of cash, he could cane the economic tides and hold unemployment to 8%.

Yes, we trust the free market more than the unfettered politician.

That's the thing, the free market is not secure. It's a risk.

So while it's long-term, if the stock market loses 50% of it's value over ten years like Vette and that economist predict, it will ruin people who are retiring or about to retire.

It's funny to see how the definition for recession is redefined by those on the "right", not to mention depression.

What happened to the mantra of "Two consecutive quarters of negative growth" being the definition of a recession?

I'll wait for the scatalogical definition by Vette and the randian one from the Cap'n. :rolleyes:

Tell us when NBER said that the current recession ended.

We won't hold our breath.

09/17/09

With the Dow climbing near 10,000 again what's happened to all of the dire, end of the world ravings of our resident "conservative" economists?

Where is all of this inflation we were warned about? According to reports the Consumer Price Index is down 1.5% overall from last year. Despite Augusts increase in prices, gasoline is still down 30% from the high a year ago.

Despite the dire warnings of some of Lit's resident math wizards the Chinese are still very much interested in buying US Treasury securities.

I guess the sky isn't falling after all. :cool:

I KNOW!!!!

Let's throw some more government and borrowed Chinese money at the economy!!!

Today, we surge THROUGH that 10,000 mark!

If you own a home, you know for damned sure that deflation is occurring...

The sky might not be falling, but we are experiencing a bit of a high pressure system.

I KNOW!!!!

Let's throw some more government and borrowed Chinese money at the economy!!!

Today, we surge THROUGH that 10,000 mark!

If you own a home, you know for damned sure that deflation is occurring...

The sky might not be falling, but we are experiencing a bit of a high pressure system.

I own my own home. It's worth more than I paid for it, more than I owe on it.

What you call "deflation" in real estate prices is a return to normalcy from the hyper-inflated real estate values that lead to the housing bubble.

You'd better go out and have it appraised if that's what you truly believe...

We see, though, from the threads this morning, that you'll believe whatever the Democrat Party TELLS you to believe.

You'd better go out and have it appraised if that's what you truly believe...

We see, though, from the threads this morning, that you'll believe whatever the Democrat Party TELLS you to believe.

It has been, it's still worth considerably more than I paid for it. Sorry if your inept real estate dealings have lost you money.

Have you dug up your gold from the back yard to sell off before the bottom drops out of that market? I'm sure Beck and Limbaugh got their cut from Goldline for suckering you into that deal.

I own my own home. It's worth more than I paid for it, more than I owe on it.

What you call "deflation" in real estate prices is a return to normalcy from the hyper-inflated real estate values that lead to the housing bubble.

you forgot to talk about how you won the power ball! granted, you do like to play with balls;)

you forgot to talk about how you won the power ball! granted, you do like to play with balls;)

I don't play the lottery, it's a game for fools.
I would sooner flush the money spent on lottery tickets down the toilet. It's more likely that my toilet will back up and spew money than I am likely to win the lottery.

Aw Dumbasastump, was that a homophobic jab?

Hey, UD, when did NBER say the recession ended?

I ignored that when you asked the first time because you and I both know the answer.

They haven't.

They also didn't announce that it had begun until it had been in progress for a year.
They aren't quick on the trigger. Odds are when they do announce, that announcement will be that it ended a year ago or more.
Like when it declared in July 2003 that the 2001 recession was over. When did it actually end? Twenty months earlier — in November 2001.

Last edited:
look at it this way, since obama has been in office housing has become way more affordable. And obama gave us the new market of “Foreclosures”

who knows, maybe after obama is done next year....the dow at 6500...most American's can purchase stocks :)

I don't play the lottery, it's a game for fools.
I would sooner flush the money spent on lottery tickets down the toilet. It's more likely that my toilet will back up and spew money than I am likely to win the lottery.

Aw Dumbasastump, was that a homophobic jab?

I ignored that when you asked the first time because you and I both know the answer.

They haven't.

They also didn't announce that it had begun until it had been in progress for a year.
They aren't quick on the trigger. Odds are when they do announce, that announcement will be that it ended a year ago or more.
Like when it declared in July 2003 that the 2001 recession was over. When did it actually end? Twenty months earlier — in November 2001.

*chuckle*

*chuckle*

I know, the truth sounds funny to the benighted blindly partisan mind.

The simple fact that the NBER hasn't declared the recession over means pretty much nothing at this point. They are notoriously slow to make ANY announcement, good or bad.

But you know this, as does Firetroll.

Talk about the blind….you are blind to the truth

I know, the truth sounds funny to the benighted blindly partisan mind.

The simple fact that the NBER hasn't declared the recession over means pretty much nothing at this point. They are notoriously slow to make ANY announcement, good or bad.

But you know this, as does Firetroll.

UD had to leave....UD is not ready to accept the fact that obama sucks...also UD is not ready to admit that he was wrong and feels if you keep on believing in obama...walking the obama walk good things will happen

what he failed to realized, ud in his blissful purse was snatched

but one can't take the obama dream away from UD (and other left wing nuts)

power to obama

UD, you may want to call your office. Remember when you were touting 5% growth...well, apparently the Spring was a disaster:

"Many economists believe the Commerce Department will revise its estimate of growth in gross domestic product to 1.3% or lower"

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-econ-gdp-20100827,0,4011261.story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back