What happened to all of the doom and gloom economic threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
160 years ago being conservative meant maintaining slaves and extending it into future territories.

100 years ago it meant keeping women from the ballot box (though we can argue that didn't work out so great at least at first)

60 years ago it meant keeping blacks on the back of the bus and using separate often inadequate facilities.

That wasn't the classic Liberals...

That was the DEMOCRATS.

That's the problem when History, like the Constitution is a living document being translated in the vacuum by academic communists like Zinn who HATE classical Liberalism...

Which you know call conservative so that you can adopt the aura of respectability...

A temporarly hicup caused by deficit spending to induce people to buy new cars a little early and for new families to purchase homes. Artificial government social engineering at work again.

Yup all they did was accelerate sales that were going to happen in the future and take that free money out of the economy where it would have been spent on something else; a variation of Bastiat's "Broken Windows" fallacy...

So let me get this straight.

1) You put faith in this guy's prediction that the stock market will collapse lose half its value.

2) You want to privatize Social Security by turning it into a market investment plan.

:eek:

Hey, stupid...

Stock market is long-term. Most IRA's are shares... Capice?

Social Security is a Ponzi, a collapsing Ponzi, but now, like Barney Frank before, our first black Pres__ent is assuring us that Social Security is sound, pretty much like his claim that if we gave him a huge wad of cash, he could cane the economic tides and hold unemployment to 8%.

Yes, we trust the free market more than the unfettered politician.
Obama has never been overly modest about his own powers. [during his campaign], he declared that history will mark his ascent to the presidency as the moment when “our planet began to heal” and “the rise of the oceans began to slow.”
When you anoint yourself King Canute, you mustn’t be surprised when your subjects expect you to command the tides.

Charles Krauthammer

It was a great mistake to push lower-income people into housing they couldn’t afford and couldn’t really handle once they had it. ... I had been too sanguine about Fannie and Freddie.”
Barney Frank

That's an undermisestimation...

;) ;)

We refused the additional home equity line; what a crock of shit, just ASKING for you to be irresponsible!

That's an undermisestimation...

;) ;)

We refused the additional home equity line; what a crock of shit, just ASKING for you to be irresponsible!

It's all origination fees with the guys anymore...sell more bells and whistles.

Fucking morons deserve what they get. Citibank especially, they took the hit on both the savings and loan crisis in the 90's and then the latest one. Should have let them crash and burn. *end of rant*

I'm thinking we might be sooner able to show him a double-dip than he's going to be able to produce a recovery...

How long ago was he telling us all the LEIs were ???

His 401K is doing great 'cause he didn't sell it.

His company's orders 80%...

It's all origination fees with the guys anymore...sell more bells and whistles.

Fucking morons deserve what they get. Citibank especially, they took the hit on both the savings and loan crisis in the 90's and then the latest one. Should have let them crash and burn. *end of rant*

B-B-B-b-b-b-but, it woulda sent "ripples" through the economy and pushed us over 8% unemployment! They were too BIG to fail!!!

So Obama turned recession into depression...

Bush never did that!

;) ;)

You see the news out of Japan?

A nation that has never recovered from the Obama Plan...

Obama's hard choice? Spend more, raise taxes, and U_D says THAT requires PATIENCE from you haters!!!
--let me-- let me do the positive side of this. Okay? We've-- just been through eight years where people said-- many people said, ‘Deficits don't matter. We can-- we can pass huge tax cuts, pass huge new programs without paying for them.’ That debate has changed fundamentally. Now you don't hear people say anymore, ‘Deficits don't matter.’ You don't hear people saying that we can pass enormously—enormous expansion of government without paying for it. That's an important change. I think all Americans understand that our deficits are unsustainable. And I think that'll be helpful as we move to try to make the hard choices to bring them down again.”
TIMOTHY GEITHNER

It's funny to see how the definition for recession is redefined by those on the "right", not to mention depression.

What happened to the mantra of "Two consecutive quarters of negative growth" being the definition of a recession?

I'll wait for the scatalogical definition by Vette and the randian one from the Cap'n. :rolleyes:

You didn't let the non-existence of two consecutive negative quarters stop you from calling it a recession early on.

True dat!

"I'm thinking we might be sooner able to show him a double-dip than he's going to be able to produce a recovery..."

Still having those problems with comprehension eh?

Study the unemployment curve of the Great Depression...

As we've said all during the Democrat election campaign of 2000 to 2008, you can't call a recession until it has passed, which is the opposite of what you kept doing.

I love how aj and vet pretend that they study things; like the constitution and history...

it's pretty laughable.

With the Dow climbing near 10,000 again what's happened to all of the dire, end of the world ravings of our resident "conservative" economists?

Almost a year later and it's struggling to hold 10,000. I think a better question is what happened to hope and change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back